The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canesfanforever

I was wrong about Vantanen .

I have to eat some crow  and  take back my stupid  dumb  comments about the canes  trading for Vatanen .    Reminder  :  i  made a stupid comment about how it was a waste to trade for Vatanen  and this was me thinking  it was all for nothing prior to the playoffs  being  put in play .   now looking back  im glad i was wrong then .  

Trading for Sami Vatanen   is maybe the canes  greatest rental i have seen personally   ever  for the canes .    Last night he blocked a shot that could of been a goal then quickly got up  and prevented a rebound  on the other side of the net that could of been a goal .  

Slavin  only laid there and then stood  around doing nothing in that panic  scrap .  While Vatanen   was actually playing defense .   When im wrong   i have to eat some humble pie and  admit when im wrong . Thank you Waddell !

Edited by Canesfanforever

14 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

They were nice  but did they stop goals from happening ? not in my record books .  

Lets not get carried away in the moment Cff.One good play vs multiple times slow to get to many spots, I just do not know about your, as yet, overblown comparison? I've had to defend Vats to many, saying that he's not had enough time to settle was the reason he' has seemed a little off. Lets just give him a little time to completely settle in before declaring him "the greatest rental ever"?

Of course you did qualify that "greatest rental I have seen personally" so that might be true then?

Edited by KJUNKANE

8 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Lets not get carried away in the moment Cff.One good play vs multiple times slow to get to many spots, I just do not know about your, as yet, overblown comparison? I've had to defend Vats to many, saying that he's not had enough time to settle was the reason he' has seemed a little off. Lets just give him a little time to completely settle in before declaring him "the greatest rental ever"?

Of course you did qualify that "greatest rental I have seen personally" so that might be true then?

The system wont be tough for him to learn .    Given  he is a veteran  .    But his  defensive play  for someone as small as him  has been  very surprising to me .    It  would be nice after these playoffs  if the canes  could sign  Sami   to a  little contract   like 2 years maybe ?  it would be within reason  to do so.   I knew  others around the nhl  talked about Vatanen in the past and  never thought about him  as being a top 4 guy .    Also  im thinking  of a  future   " expansion "  draft   that will still happen  with the kraken .    Anything to detour   Francis  from picking one of our guys on defense  would be helpful .   Just  some food for thought .   So far I  have been very happy with Sami's  play  with the canes . 

Edited by Canesfanforever
  • Like 1

Vantanen and Trocheck are pretty impressive new players for the trades we got reminds me when we got kevyn adams trade from florida and he helped when us the cup in 2006. This is the year again I believe it be those to guys Aho Svech the first line are just amazing right now to watch.