The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
top-shelf-1

Freed from NHL Bubble, Rangers' Defenseman Finds New Home

TORONTO --Suiting up for game three of the Stanley Cup qualifier on Tuesday, his team down two games to none in the best-of-five series to the Carolina Hurricanes, New York Rangers' defenseman Tony DeAngelo knew the pressure was on.

"Sure, I mean, it's an elimination game," DeAngelo said Thursday. "You want to leave it all out there, so you're not wondering if you could have done more. That's what I did. But when the game was over, I couldn't find it. So I went to look for it."

But he wasn't expecting this: DeAngelo spoke from a Toronto jail.

"Who knew people would call the cops?" he asked, incredulous. "I mean, just because a guy walks up to them on the street and asks if they've seen his jockstrap?"

DeAngelo noticed the supporter was gone--"They got the cup, too," he added with a grunt--after Sebastian Aho scored the game's third goal.

"Yeah, I had it, and then," he snapped his fingers, "just like that. Gone. I still don't know what happened, and I've watched the replay, like, a hundred times."

Toronto police say DeAngelo was picked up Wednesday night, while accosting passersby outside the Hockey Hall of Fame. He's being held in lieu of $100 bail. "We called the Rangers," said Toronto PD watch commander Tyrone Shoelace. "They deny knowing him." 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, bluedevil58 said:

Lol is this serious?

No.

3 hours ago, remkin said:

Brutal. Just brutal. 

Then I succeeded.

2 hours ago, wxray1 said:

This is funnier than the Tom Dooley song spoof.  Well done.

Thanks.

I was gonna do one about all the transplanted Blueshirts in Cary quickly changing into their Canes' gear, but that seemed uncomfortably close to the truth. It's okay Rags fans... this bandwagon has plenty of room.

• Like 1

This has “thread of the year” written all over it...since the David Ayres GDT is gone 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Reminds me of that time a goalie went to jail cause of Rod ;) 

https://youtu.be/LhMb1M5OycA

Those Nike commercials were great, my favorite was the one with the French Canadian goalie who had to become a taxi driver due to Mats Sundin.

• Like 1