The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cathyl111

Season Ticket Holder Payment Plan

Since it looks unlikely there will be fans in attendance for start of 2020-2021 season, has anyone talked to their season ticket rep regarding payments that are being made every month for season tickets.   I hate paying for something that is looking more and more unlikely to happen.  Just wondering if anyone has heard from their tickets reps.

Cathy, I'm on payment pause.  Call them and ask for a pause.  You won't hear from them, but if you call, they'll talk.  Myself and a few others have paused payments.

No refunds with funds paid, yet.  But basically, it keeps you on the books and active, and your balance will be used for future payments.  All future activities are unknown.  My rep basically said, "Stay tuned, we'll deal with that later as we get clarity."

I suspect at some time they'll go to partial attendance and that should get interesting...

BTW: I hope the NHL deals with this sooner than later.  The NFL has dragged their feet.  Only yesterday did the Panthers announce no fans game 1.  I guess they are going game by game?  We may see something like that in NHL too.  That could be chaotic.

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 1

wxray1 -  Thank you so much for the information.  A payment pause sounds like a great option.  I want to keep my tickets for when we can attend games again.   However, I hate to put out so much money for something that unfortunately might not happen.

19 minutes ago, cathyl111 said:

wxray1 -  Thank you so much for the information.  A payment pause sounds like a great option.  I want to keep my tickets for when we can attend games again.   However, I hate to put out so much money for something that unfortunately might not happen.

That was our feeling too, and they understood.

Mrs. wxray and would also prefer to not attend indoor events until virus counts near zero and we have a known effective vaccine that is widely distributed to the population.  Both won't happen by December.

• Like 1

I just chip in that I put mine on pause. It should be no problem if you're clear that's what you want them to do. Whatever you've put down will hold your seats.

Contacted my ticket rep, and it was not a problem to put my payment plan on pause.  My ticket rep is actually always been fantastic.  I have already made 5 of the 10 payments.  Wish I had asked sooner.   Thanks wxray1 and remkin for letting me know this was an option.

• Like 1

I will go a step further and ask for all my money back.  May be the last penny I spend.(Covid or no Covid)  We will see.

25 minutes ago, cc said:

I will go a step further and ask for all my money back.  May be the last penny I spend.(Covid or no Covid)  We will see.

You'll get push back there.  But you can try.

Please take care of yourself and make sure to at least spend money on food.  😀

But I get it.  Sports as an entertainment venue has changed.  Not sure how much my spending will be for sports in the future either.

Edited by wxray1

I’m pretty disappointed with the Canes on this. Apparently they sent an email in May and gave STHs 5 days to request a refund. I get a lot of emails from the Canes and didn’t see the message until the time had passed. I called in June or July, and when a ticket rep called back 3 days later, he informed me no refund but I could pause my payments (I had one left). I went ahead and paid - I only have 11 games in the cheap seats. But I’m with CC. This may be the end. Not refunding my money left a bad taste in my mouth. And mods, you can strike me dead, but I go to sporting events to take my mind off of ornery political and social issues. I’m not appreciative that a league with 73% non-American players feels the need to preach to me about what a terrible country America is. My father gave 4 years of his life to protect this country and EVERYONE in it during World War II. 

• Like 2

On 9/7/2020 at 6:59 PM, bluedevilcane said:

I’m pretty disappointed with the Canes on this. Apparently they sent an email in May and gave STHs 5 days to request a refund. I get a lot of emails from the Canes and didn’t see the message until the time had passed. I called in June or July, and when a ticket rep called back 3 days later, he informed me no refund but I could pause my payments (I had one left). I went ahead and paid - I only have 11 games in the cheap seats. But I’m with CC. This may be the end. Not refunding my money left a bad taste in my mouth. (snip)

The Canes reps are starting to call around about "renewing" for those of us who took the full refund in May.  I explained that the situation was too undefined right now, with no one knowing exactly what the start of next season would look like, for me to put more money at risk.  I felt pretty lucky that I got out when I did.  He said something about "guaranteed refunds" and "no risk", but I'd really need to see that in writing with TD's signature before I'd even consider it.  

• Like 1

TD wouldn't pull out some fine print and stick it to us, or would he? 

Agree about the statement with signature.

Today I received an email about the Canes skipping the November payment and picking back up in December. Hedging bets against season starting with fans? I’m not sure how far that takes us for the final payment? March perhaps?

FYI-  Asked for and received full refund for the next years plan I had prepaid for.  I will reassess once a real plan for restart is presented.

I was not keen on having this much money sitting out there I could be using on something else. (also interest free).