The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes0506

Chicago Wolves

24 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

They all have Two way Deals Except for Ned coming into next season .  Ned will be going into  a 1 way deal ,   He could still be   a AHL  player   but if he Gets called up  to the NHL  he would not be allowed to safely re-enter the AHL if sent back down ,  In the Case of Zykov which happened . 

Unless he performs well above this past season, I don’t think we cry over spilled milk either.

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

Unless he performs well above this past season, I don’t think we cry over spilled milk either.

I hope he can turn the page and perform better .   Work   with the goalie coach and  get better results .   It bothers me that  The Canes historically   have  ignored that position for  years only until it became a matter of importance .   We  Did have Khudobin   ,  If the canes could have  just kept the man who knows what the fate of the canes would have been  going forward  , but i would safely assume Doby   would be the starting goalie instead of Mrazek .    Here is to hoping Kochetkov  develops well in the KHL   before  making the leap to the Wolves  AHL  club .

8 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

I hope he can turn the page and perform better .   Work   with the goalie coach and  get better results .   It bothers me that  The Canes historically   have  ignored that position for  years only until it became a matter of importance .   We  Did have Khudobin   ,  If the canes could have  just kept the man who knows what the fate of the canes would have been  going forward  , but i would safely assume Doby   would be the starting goalie instead of Mrazek .    Here is to hoping Kochetkov  develops well in the KHL   before  making the leap to the Wolves  AHL  club .

Doby had a great first year for us but a very poor year 2.  He had another meh with Boston they year after and then an okay year after that. Once he went to Dallas 3 years later, he returned to the first year Carolina numbers.  While the last 2 years look great, we would have had to put up with 2 not worth it years and one acceptable year to get there.

On 9/10/2020 at 2:21 PM, gocanes0506 said:

the fandom in Charlotte is minimal and so is the impact on the bottom line.

Doesn't matter.  This is a mistake.  Charlotte is the largest city in NC and the team now no longer has a presence there.

16 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

Doesn't matter.  This is a mistake.  Charlotte is the largest city in NC and the team now no longer has a presence there.

It isn’t but you live in your world, Ill live in the real one. Canes didn’t have a presence in Charlotte and still don’t.

35 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

like we had  a presence a few years ago ? 

8 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

like we had  a presence a few years ago ? 

I look forward to all the Chicago fans that will now be able to take a short drive down the highway to catch a home Hurricanes game.

2 hours ago, bluedevil58 said:

I look forward to all the Chicago fans that will now be able to take a short drive down the highway to catch a home Hurricanes game.

Well they used to do it and be more of them than Cane's fans. At least for the moment, no matter where our AHL team is, those days are over. 

Heck the Blackhawks might be on the edge of decline. If they are, maybe a few will jump on a plane and come as Canes fans. 

But, unfortunately, the AHL followings don't really contribute to NHL attendance for any NHL teams. There just aren't enough AHL fans with a few exceptions, like Toronto, but they're selling out their NHL games anyways, which is part of why the AHL team gets a big following. 

We used to have our AHL team in Albany, NY and before that Lowell, MA. The Lowell Lock Monsters and the Albany River Rats. Still remember that line Walker and the Rats a few years ago. Albany is fine, but I can tell you that Lowell, MA is a bit of a hellhole. 

I will admit that I do wish we could have made it work in Charlotte, but I don't think it's a big deal that they moved, and could well end up being a big positive.

The American Hockey League is planning to drop the puck on its next season on Feb. 5 in hopes of syncing up its schedule with the NHL and getting some fans into arenas for most, if not all, of its 31 teams.