The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Greenville Swamp Rabbits 2020/21

Greenville still formally affiliated with both the Canes and Chex according to their twitter account and the official NHL records page. Neither the Wolves nor Panthers list an official ECHL affiliation. I know several NHL teams share ECHL relationships so I'm sure this is nothing new. But I could see it possibly getting a bit convoluted if different entities concurrently want their goalies to get ECHL ice time.  Can't see it being much of an issue for skaters.

3 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

Greenville still formally affiliated with both the Canes and Chex according to their twitter account and the official NHL records page. Neither the Wolves nor Panthers list an official ECHL affiliation. I know several NHL teams share ECHL relationships so I'm sure this is nothing new. But I could see it possibly getting a bit convoluted if different entities concurrently want their goalies to get ECHL ice time.  Can't see it being much of an issue for skaters.

Greenville didn't claim the Chex last season - curious why they would this.

Season is on - Swamp Rabbits are scheduled to open the home season on Dec 18 against the Everblades

at least on ECHL team has opted out of the abbreviated season

The ECHL announced today that the Norfolk Admirals have elected a Voluntary Suspension for the 2020-21 ECHL Season under the League's policy for COVID-19. The team will return to play in the 2021-22 ECHL Season.

11 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

Swamp Rabbits are no longer with the Canes .  They are now a Affiliate of the Florida Panthers . 

Yep, announced yesterday by both the Panthers and the Checkers.  Strangely the Rabbits themselves haven't announced it, but they've always seemed to be a step behind anyway.  Swamp Turtles, if you will...

2 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

Yep, announced yesterday by both the Panthers and the Checkers.  Strangely the Rabbits themselves haven't announced it, but they've always seemed to be a step behind anyway.  Swamp Turtles, if you will...

Any idea who the Canes next Echl  Affiliate team might be ? 

A little bit of a surprise.  Oh well I guess I need to unpin this topic and wait to see where we land.