The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Welcome Jesper Fast. 3 years, 2 million AAV

image.thumb.png.96b6042f9c5e7c65299470a0fedb1d96.png

a lot of offense in front of the next.  Good defensive guy that only allows a -0.12 xG/20 against despite playing against top lines.

Excellent PKer which will help save Aho and Turbo for offense.

Edited by gocanes0506

So there's the extra forward. Seems like a good pickup. Smart veteran, good forechecker. +16 last year. Pots a few goals. 

Not only won the player's player award, but has won it 5 years running. So should be a great locker room addition. 

Now it's goalie or start liking our group.

Won Rangers Players Player award 5 years in a row, alternate Captain, and Rangers fans say he never takes a shift off. Sure sounds like a Brindy type player. Several Rags fans had commented that they were hoping he'd be extended at around $3m per; they're really peeved that we got him for only $2m, lol. Hmm, maybe this Committee thing might work out after all? 

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 1

When Kyrule mentioned Fast, I was all in.  This guy just goes all the time.  I really like this signing.  As others have mentioned, he's a team guy as well.  Great replacement for JW's spot.

Who goes away - Dzingle, Nino, maybe McGinn?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, coastal_caniac said:

Who goes away - Dzingle, Nino, maybe McGinn?

Better not be Brock!  

• Like 1

Could be an awkward moment...

I was just watching a video from a Rangers fan about the Fast signing and he pointed out that Fast is the player that Skjei flattened when the series with the Rangers started. 

I’m sure they know it’s just hockey but it is ironic.

FWIW the guy loved Fast and said that Canes fans should be thrilled. 

I don't know much about this player, but the two things I already like are:

1) He is a RH shooting forward.

2) Ranger fans are reacting as if they expected him to sign for $3.5M and they appear to be perturbed that the Rangers could not find the money that the Canes offered to keep him.

I don't see any issue in carrying 13 NHL forwards, now that JW has retired.  If anyone was to go, I think it would be Dzingel.  Mostly because I am not used to typing "z" after "D".  It's unAmerican I tell ya, lol.

Edited by beboplar
  • Like 1

He is a Slot guy .   Much like how O'reily Nash was    where you could slot him in any position and you wont even notice a change  on ice  be it on the pp , pk ,   bottom or top line .

That is why im surprised  The Canes  Got  Fast   as cheap as we did .  

He wont be able to pull  off any game 7   wins for us  like Williams did  but  Fast   should be  a capable  player enough to have .  

Edited by Canesfanforever

Some quotes from Rangers fans:

• I can’t believe we couldn’t offer that. One of the best deals yet imo.
  • Wow what a f***ing steal. Be well, quickie :(:(
  • Fun note. We traded Sanguinetti to Carolina for the pick that we chose Fast (Fasth at the time) with.
  • This is outrageous and terrible. Great for the canes but the fact that the rangers didn’t offer this same deal and term is a joke. Canes you got a great player here
  • Rangers couldn't sign him for $2M AAV? He was the only player on the team who had some heart in his game. He didn't take any nights off. Carolina will enjoy having him.
  • Man, this stinks. He's a warrior, you can win with this guy. Take good care of him!
  • Best signing this summer. If I saw Gorton on the street I’d call him an a**h*** for not offering the same deal. Carolina keeps making great decisions
  • Rangers really should’ve been able to offer the same deal. Great player, great deal, congrats canes!
  • I'd sign him for like $2.5-3M aav if it meant that he'd stay. Damn, this is such a good deal. How the f*** did he get that little $?
  • This is the best value deal of the off-season. Rangers is gonna miss him.
  • Canes fans you got a real warrior, not the most skilled, but one of the harder working bees in the hive.

Not gonna be a superstar, but sounds like he could be a very valuable cog in the Canes machine (and Rod is going to love him).

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 7

Based on the Ranger fan comments it looks like we got a solid gamer. Third liner? I’m still hoping mgmt signs some willing when necessary sandpaper types to have the kids backs; Ferland types with stronger noggins. It’s been a missing component to having a full package team. 

3 hours ago, raleighcaniac said:

Dzingel: Love it or list it?

List it. But it is funny to remember how geeked we were when we signed him last year. If he’s back, hopefully he has the motivation to be the player we thought we signed.