The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CanesInSeven

Traffic and Parking at RBC

I understand his response and how Sunday's game was different than other games. But my problem with parking is this. Every game, I come in off of Blue Ridge and park in the handicap section of the east lot. My problem is when exiting, it takes forever because when we exit the way we came it is down to 1 lane and they let the smaller line of premiere parkers out more than the longer line form the east lot. This has been the same since last season. You can only exit to the left (facing towards the back of the building). During the Cup finals and before, exiting was a breeze, as they had both sides open for exiting. I have no idea why they changed it, but some nights it takes me up to 40 mins to get from my spot to get to the Hillsboro/Blue ridge intersection. That is just nuts, when during the Cup finals it took at most 10 mins. One would assume that it would take longer during a Stanley Cup game as opposed to a weekday regular season game. I have complained a few time, but either I get no response or get response that "nothing has changed". What BULL! And that is my ONLY complaint about the RBC center.

I, too, experience your frustration. Because I live out of town and many times, must arrive early to work the next morning, I (I'm afraid to say) must be one of the fans that is leaving before the games ends just so I'm not stuck getting out of parking lot. Hopefully, the RBC management team will revise and improve their exiting routes.