The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
LeafsAlive

Chris Simon pulls McSorley: Suspended Indefinitely

Whoa, I think a suspension is coming :shock:. Ted Nolan was keeping a calm face but looked like he was going to implode. Simon cost them that game.

Whoa, I think a suspension is coming :shock:. Ted Nolan was keeping a calm face but looked like he was going to implode. Simon cost them that game.

I think Cam Janssen now has someone to share the spotlight with.

YouTube video in, watch the slow motion :shock:

I think Cam Janssen now has someone to share the spotlight with.

YouTube video in, watch the slow motion :shock:

Taking bets on the repercussions.

3-games?

Fined?

Season?

Playoffs?

While 3 game suspensions seem to be the norm for this league, this time I'm gonna go with, out for the season including playoffs. Gipper is right, this was criminal with the sole intent to injure.

I give the Isle fans credit, most are horrified and hope Simon is gone for the season.

Taking bets on the repercussions.

3-games?

Fined?

Season?

Playoffs?

While 3 game suspensions seem to be the norm for this league, this time I'm gonna go with, out for the season including playoffs. Gipper is right, this was criminal with the sole intent to injure.

I give the Isle fans credit, most are horrified and hope Simon is gone for the season.

Personally I'm all for an eye for an eye but kick that 6'0-6'4 whatev piece of you what out of the league. I hope assault charges are pressed, how could you intentionally do that to someone?

Well It has to be three games cause I dont think Campbell can count any higher than that on any other "intent to injure" plays. This clearly was just a case where Simon just happened to be turning around with his stick when the Ranger skated right into it... If Janssen can lead with an elbow, late and leave his feet this might only be 1 game since Simon just happened to get his stick up a little with a player in the vacinity.

He should be done for the season but nothing would suprise me. Campbell and Bettman need to wake up and start dropping the hammer on the goonery and let the boys take care of the marginal stuff on the ice "Old Time Hockey" style

I should hope for a 15+ game suspension. The video tells all.

I heard them talking about this on ESPNews, but they never showed the hit? IS there a video link? All they said was - ANOTHER big hit in hockey- or something like that...dont know what happened.

I heard them talking about this on ESPNews, but they never showed the hit? IS there a video link? All they said was - ANOTHER big hit in hockey- or something like that...dont know what happened.

Simon is such a punk. He thinks he got boarded so he goes with a decapitation move? Disgraceful.

It's not in Bertuzzi's league but it's not worlds apart either. He should be getting at least 15 games for that.

Thanks bag..u da man!...LMAO!!!

The hit this week on Tomas Kaberle should have been worthy of more than three games. The player he passed to had possesion of the puck when the hit was made so it was incredibly late, he left his feet as well as his elbow to the head.

How many games did Orpik get last season for Cole's hit? Wasn't it three game suspension also?

Perezogin did the exact same thing in the AHL in Hamilton and he was legally charged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwPfuLnYwBc

It will vary by state (and Province) but here in the US there has been overall propensity, in professional sports, a general deferral to the respective Leagues to discipline the players even in the case of "assault".

There have been exceptions to this... but overall leagues have taken care of it.

In the case with Simon I dont think we will see anything if Campbell handles his business.