The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Official College Basketball Thread

I was there at the game and when Frasor went down I was just like, "Brilliant... just brilliant..." Sarcastically, of course. My dad instantly knew he tore his ACL, cause he could tell as soon as he went down. But then, when he went walked off the court, my dad said "Nah, he didn't tear his ACL, he walked off too easily." My dad tore his ACL and he said he couldn't walk off at all. So, I was relieved that he probably just twisted his knee, but then my dad and I are in line to get on the bus when we hear this one dude (who was listening to the radio) tell the person next to us that he tore his ACL. *sigh* I feel bad for him, from what I've heard, he's in for a rough time.

Yea...

Good game though, second time I've been to one and I had soo much fun (ignoring the fact that the traffic was horrible, there and back, AND we had to stand up on a bus, there and back, that was stopping, then going, then stopping, the going. I thought I was going to be sic, but it was worth it. )

I was there at the game and when Frasor went down I was just like, "Brilliant... just brilliant..." Sarcastically, of course. My dad instantly knew he tore his ACL, cause he could tell as soon as he went down. But then, when he went walked off the court, my dad said "Nah, he didn't tear his ACL, he walked off too easily." My dad tore his ACL and he said he couldn't walk off at all. So, I was relieved that he probably just twisted his knee, but then my dad and I are in line to get on the bus when we hear this one dude (who was listening to the radio) tell the person next to us that he tore his ACL. *sigh* I feel bad for him, from what I've heard, he's in for a rough time.

my buddy just had surgery on his ACL. He tore it a few weeks ago and was able to walk around on it after he hurt it. It wasnt a full blown tear, but enough to keep him out of sports. Maybe the same happened to Frasor.

Silver lining in the dark cloud that is Frasor's ACL tear: Blue Team all-star and personal favorite Mike Copeland might see his PT jump from two minutes a game to four.

Okay, I'm reaching...

and last year they did make the NCAA Tournament.

and lost in the 1st round for the first time in years

Duke looks like they're about back to their old selves, and are pretty clearly the 2nd best team in the conference, but last year was definitely down by their standards.

anyone else going to the state game today?

I went to my first State game in a long long long time a few weeks back. I forgot they do not serve beer there. I don't think I will ever go back until I forget again that they don't serve beer there.

It was really really boring. State fans were not into the game at all and it was so quite at times you could hear yourself breathe. I guess that will change once they start playing other ACC teams.

I went to my first State game in a long long long time a few weeks back. I forgot they do not serve beer there. I don't think I will ever go back until I forget again that they don't serve beer there.

It was really really boring. State fans were not into the game at all and it was so quite at times you could hear yourself breathe. I guess that will change once they start playing other ACC teams.

I'm pretty sure they serve beer at The Deck until 30 minutes before gametime. Small consolation, but better than nothing.

One more minor obstacle in the way before the big showdown at Clemson. I'm really looking forward to that one.

One more minor obstacle in the way before the big showdown at Clemson. I'm really looking forward to that one.

Yeah... UNC will def win against Kent State. I don't think I'm going to it though... :( Oh well. I can still watch it. Clemson will be a good game... tough game, hope we get a "W"!!!!

("Minor Obstatcle": LOL!!! :lol: )

I am... I can't wait. I'll be second row, right across from our bench. :lol:

Yeah rub it in... my seats aren't that good when we go!!! Of course I can see the game until we had some former UNC football players sit in front of us one game... <_<

Just keep rubbing it in... :rolleyes:

so for ya'll who missed it, UNC was winning by 1 with less than 30 seconds to go, UNC fouls Clemson (in bonus) with 14 seconds left. Clemson hits both free throws. UNC drives down the court and calls timeout with roughly 5 seconds left. Upon inbound they hit a three pointer to take the lead by 2 with 0.4 left on the clock. Clemson's inbound never made it 'in bounds' so UNC ball, and game was over. Very close game, and pretty fun to watch. Gotta love those ACC games. UNC barely escapes with their #1 intact.

Wayne Ellington = love. That's all I can say. When the ball was in the air, I was kinda thinking, "Eh, I don't know if that's gunna go in... it's over... we lost...": then it went it and wow... I probably jumped about 5 feet in the air. That was a GREAT game. We didn't play too well till the end, but oh well, it's a win and that's all that counts.

Oh, and the refs, so not a fan of them

so for ya'll who missed it, UNC was winning by 1 with less than 30 seconds to go, UNC fouls Clemson (in bonus) with 14 seconds left. Clemson hits both free throws. UNC drives down the court and calls timeout with roughly 5 seconds left. Upon inbound they hit a three pointer to take the lead by 2 with 0.4 left on the clock. Clemson's inbound never made it 'in bounds' so UNC ball, and game was over. Very close game, and pretty fun to watch. Gotta love those ACC games. UNC barely escapes with their #1 intact.

It's only January 6. I can't take anymore of this. I'm getting too old. I was ready to throw up with 5 seconds on the clock. OT nearly killed me.

That's as tough a game as Carolina will play this year. HUGE confidence builder after last year's meltdown in East Rutherford. Clemson is a VERY good team and those big guys down low are MONSTERS. But Ellington played the game of his life and nailed the big shot - again, making up for the Regional Final. If Clemson makes free throws they win the game. But they didn't. Should be a doozy when they meet again in Chapel Hill next month.

Regarding the refs, since everyone else is talking about them, I'm not gonna complain cause we won, but last I checked, leaning in on a pick was an offensive foul. That's all I'm saying.