The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
rememberthewhale

Tomas Kaberle injured on late hit

Janssen was headhunting, pure and simple. There is no place for this thuggery. I know that we all enjoy the occasional throw down, but this is the crap that was hammered out during the lockout. What is the use of losing hockey for a year, and re-writing the rule books to cut out the assassination attempts if the Refs are going to refuse to call this stuff, but they'll hop like hell on tripping. oooooooh, I'm afraid!

Too bad the players can't sue the refs as accessories to assault...

Janssen was headhunting, pure and simple. .

How can you look at that clip and say he was intentionally going for his head? Thats stretching it abit.

The Devils to pay on 20th, Leafs say

Circle March 20 on your calendars.

That's the night Cam Janssen and the New Jersey Devils come to town, an evening when Wade Belak says business will be taken care of.

One of the most memorable images in the wake of Janssen's late hit on Tomas Kaberle on Friday was Darcy Tucker, in street clothes, yelling at the Devils pugilist.

"I let him know that for him, it's not a big deal. But for the rest of his teammates, it's a big deal," Tucker said last night.

"He has to understand that his two minutes a game (of ice time) doesn't matter. It's the rest of the guys on his team who play 20 minutes a game that are going to have to answer for what he did. That's how I look at it."

-torontosun

That's the night Cam Janssen and the New Jersey Devils come to town, an evening when Wade Belak says business will be taken care of.

One of the most memorable images in the wake of Janssen's late hit on Tomas Kaberle on Friday was Darcy Tucker, in street clothes, yelling at the Devils pugilist.

"I let him know that for him, it's not a big deal. But for the rest of his teammates, it's a big deal," Tucker said last night.

"He has to understand that his two minutes a game (of ice time) doesn't matter. It's the rest of the guys on his team who play 20 minutes a game that are going to have to answer for what he did. That's how I look at it."

-torontosun

Hey Leafs07, what is the medical update on T.Kaberle?

-torontosun

Hey Leafs07, what is the medical update on T.Kaberle?

John Ferguson JR (GM of the Leafs) has said Kaberle is on the IR for now and is recovering from a concussion, neck & back spasms.

He will be out ATLEAST two weeks according to other sources.

:cry:

-torontosun

I got a dollar to bet that Cam has a slight groin pull after the March 18th game... He might not be dressed but Marty better be ready to get run

So Tucker is already admitting that he's going on the ice with intent to injure Mar 20th.

And people say Tucker isn't dirty.

So Tucker is already admitting that he's going on the ice with intent to injure Mar 20th.

And people say Tucker isn't dirty.

Nobody that didnt have a big blue "L" on their forehead ( for LEAFS of course :mrgreen: )never said Tuckers not a "dusty" player. Hes not Domi dirty but ust a little dusty. You know as well as I do when you take out a teams best Dman and top five guy on their team the arent going to go after a two minute and .00001 goals per game avg guy... Nooooo they are goin after some talent and Cam should have though about that before the hit he dropped the hammer. Beside he can talk all he wants it wont be Tucker doin the damage in three weeks IMHO.

Tucker will go get revenge and end up with about 10 games or more, unlike the slap on the wrist in this case.

......while Thomas Kaberle deals with post concussion syndrome and spasms :evil:. I usually don't flame the refs cause it's not a job I'd like to have (nothing personal Marcus), but the league cannot turn its head and must adress this "late hit" issue once and for all. From both the officiating but more importantly, the player's stand point. Before something worse than Erik Cole's broken neck happens.

Tucker will go get revenge and end up with about 10 games or more, unlike the slap on the wrist in this case.

......while Thomas Kaberle deals with post concussion syndrome and spasms :evil:. I usually don't flame the refs cause it's not a job I'd like to have (nothing personal Marcus), but the league cannot turn its head and must adress this "late hit" issue once and for all. From both the officiating but more importantly, the player's stand point. Before something worse than Erik Cole's broken neck happens.

Tucker has never had a major suspension, despite some of the s--t he's gotten away with over the years. So he's had his share of slaps on the wrist too.

Tucker gets away with a lot an always has, I'm still waiting for him to get his just deserts.

Didn't he just sign a new contract with the Leafs? Looks like there will be plenty of time now :wink:.

Tucker gets away with a lot an always has, I'm still waiting for him to get his just deserts.

Didn't he just sign a new contract with the Leafs? Looks like there will be plenty of time now :wink:.

Tucker isn't the only player who's going to be out there for revenge... it's going to be everybody, the way it should be. Nobody dares hit a star and doesn't pay for it. You take out our star, we'll make sure you trade one of yours too. It's only fair...

Anybody remember the Bertuzzi/Moore fiasco? No leaf will do anything to any devil. Maybe a fight with Tucker/Belak thats about it.

The refs will call anything and everything that resembles a penalty. They'll give excessive penalties should a fight happen, and the league will have told both coaches they'll crucify them and any players that do anything.