The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
fallen_apostle

Weekly Trivia Question(s)

I know the canes got Brind'Amour and Jean-Marc Pelletier for Primeau and I believe the third piece was a second rounder.

One Trivia Q down, one more to go. Nice job iamafirehazrd.

:huh: Wait, it would've been the Canes then too, right? So the CANES traded... not the Whalers.

Stuck with the original paragraph where it mentions the Whalers...so that's why I put it the way I did in the second paragraph.

The first Q can't be any harder than the second one, so either people here have already forgotten that '97 draft pick or don't like the Q to begin with lol.

Well, I know in the 1997 draft, we did a lot of movement. I know one of the draft picks in that draft that was ours became Samsonov. But that seems like too obvious an answer.

Is the player drafted still playing in the NHL?

1) Detroit traded us the pick, and we used it to draft this particular player.

2) He is not playing in the NHL anymore, and only played a total of two games with us for his career. He bounced around the AHL for a while, then the UHL, and now he's in Europe.

3) He is a cousin of Chris Chelios.

Nikos Tselios.

BUST

Ok, so that Q didn't go over very well lol. My bad. Next week's question(s) will be better...turnout today was disappointing.

If the mods don't mind, I'm going to start doing these every week...like I've done for the past two. It's fun (for me, hopefully for others!) and meaningful for the board...and hey who doesn't like to learn about their franchises history in a quizzical way?