TarheelMike

Sean Avery to intern at Vogue

"Macho man"
Fail.

the most hated player in the National Hockey League
Win.

estrogen-infused
How appropriate for Avery.

Just last week, Avery embarrassed himself, the Rangers, and the game of hockey itself by engaging in bush league tactics to screen the goaltender only to follow that up by generally acting like a 12-year old when he called one of the most highly-regarded goaltenders of all time a "fatso."
Fixed.

In his 14 months as a Rangers left wing, Avery has tallied 212 penalty minutes, which makes many wonder if he can handle editorial collaboration and taking orders as an intern.
It's amazing to me that he is "grownup" enough to simply dress himself or use toilet paper. He certainly can't handle editorial collaboration and taking orders as an intern. He'll just empty trash cans of shredded corporate documents onto people he disagrees with; that's his idea of "collaborating."

Avery fails at life.

What's going to happen when he gets into a fight with his editor? Don't think Vogue has a five minute misconduct rule.

My guess is this is Sean's way of being around models all day long. :rolleyes:

I hope Vogue hires him full time so I don't have to watch his antics on the ice anymore. (wishful thinking I know.)

As long as Avery doesn't try his hand at a fashion line or perfume, I'll be ok. I just hope this isn't a new ploy to meet chicks. We all saw how THAT turned out last time! :lol:

http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index...showtopic=13504

Here was the other topic. I knew I'd seen this somewhere. Maybe one of the mods can merge them together?

Either way, it is pretty hilarious. I'm pretty sure that we will be making fun of Sean Avery for a LONG time after this is over. My question, why would you want to go from playing NHL hockey to interning at a fashion magazine. I mean, coffee runs, answering phones, doing menial tasks? That's what I do every day. I'd rather be playing hockey. So, what is his motive?!?!

http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index.php?showtopic=13504' target="_blank">http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index...showtopic=13504[/post]

Here was the other topic. I knew I'd seen this somewhere. Maybe one of the mods can merge them together?

Either way, it is pretty hilarious. I'm pretty sure that we will be making fun of Sean Avery for a LONG time after this is over. My question, why would you want to go from playing NHL hockey to interning at a fashion magazine. I mean, coffee runs, answering phones, doing menial tasks? That's what I do every day. I'd rather be playing hockey. So, what is his motive?!?!

It says somewhere in that article (second or third page, I think) that if he wasn't playing hockey he wanted to be a fashion magazine editor.(!) And then I think it was the woman he's going to be working with maybe, said something like "I doubt he'll be doing things like getting coffee like normal interns do." It's somewhere on the second or third page. There are some pretty awesome quotes in there lol.

Thanks for merging the topics!

:blink::blink: Is that sarcasm or the truth?!?! :unsure::unsure:

Sorry...no sarcasm here. I like abrasive players...and he is about as abrasive as it gets.

While I think you've got to have the yin to his yang...I'm just not into squeeky clean players.

I don't see how anyone can say he is not good for the game as far as the entertainment part goes...you just never know what he is going to do.

Sorry...no sarcasm here. I like abrasive players...and he is about as abrasive as it gets.

While I think you've got to have the yin to his yang...I'm just not into squeeky clean players.

I don't see how anyone can say he is not good for the game as far as the entertainment part goes...you just never know what he is going to do.

The VS guys were just saying the other day that Avery crosses the line of being an agitator to not even respecting the other guys. They said he says some things on the ice that he has no business saying.

You can be an agitator and still have respect for the other players effectively.

wow. just wow.

As Sean Avery is number one on my most hated players list, I find this both unbelievable and hilarious.

In my opinion, yeah, he's a classless idiot. He knows how to work a crowd though, which is why he may be fit for the fashion industry.

but still, can't help laughing just a little at this. :)

I'm surprised he is not interning at Marie Claire instead. He was in one of their issues a few months back giving an opinion about the sack dress. I nearly fell off the elliptical machine when I saw he was in there.

Here is what he said: http://www.marieclaire.com/hair/fashion/la...-talk-fashion-2.

The man: Sean Avery, left wing for the New York Rangers

The woman: Lauryn Flynn, director of celebrity services at Calvin Klein (and Sean's best friend)

Trend tested: The sack dress,