The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

It's really quite funny, Americans use this Mexican holiday as a reason (or excuse rather) to drink and party...instead of celebrating it for its real purpose which is Mexican heritage and pride. Of course when I say Americans, I mean the young ones (16-25 yrs old) who I watch and participate with. Maybe older Americans celebrate the holiday for its real worth.

It's really quite funny, Americans use this Mexican holiday as a reason (or excuse rather) to drink and party...instead of celebrating it for its real purpose which is Mexican heritage and pride. Of course when I say Americans, I mean the young ones (16-25 yrs old) who I watch and participate with. Maybe older Americans celebrate the holiday for its real worth.

younger americans will use anything as an excuse to party

younger americans will use anything as an excuse to party

<_< <_< Great here we go again... the youth of today is horrible blah blah blah right?

Not all "younger americans" will party freely. And when the do party, they doesn't mean they'll drink and do drugs...

I know plenty of "16-25 year olds" that won't party freely... I know about 2 that do, then the rest are good folk that stay home or go to events with their familys.

ANYWAY... hope everyone had a good Cinco de Mayo, and hopefully some of you actually learned some about the heritage and culture of the people who celebrate it.