The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
fallen_apostle

Weekly Trivia Question

K. Ads was one of them. I know that much. But he's not playing with the team.

Just running through lineup mentally, I'm trying to remember where everyone came from. Wesley's been around forever. Brindamour and Williams came from Philly. Staal, Wallin, Cole, Ward, and Tanabe were drafted. LaRose was a free agent. D-berg, Gleason, Eaves, Samsonov, Ruutu, Cullen and Corvo we all aquired somewhat recently, so they're out. Kaberle came from Atlanta, Grahame from Tampa Bay.

So that leaves Whitney, Letowski, Hedican, and Walker, I think. Walker played in Nashville before, and we traded JoVa to get him, so I'd say that's a no. Letowski signed here as a Free Agent, I believe. Don't know from where, but I don't think we traded anyone for him. Whitney did play in Florida before, because I remember them mentioning it during a Panthers/Canes game. Don't think he played well there either, so he could have been packaged in a trade.

So it's K. Ads and either Hedican or Whitney. I'm leaning toward Whitney though.

In January of 2002, the Carolina Hurricanes traded away Sandis Ozolinsh and Byron Ritchie to the Florida Panthers for three players.

Name the three players that Carolina acquired through this trade. (Hint: One of them is still with the team)

As always, no cheating of any kind (internet, outside resources) is allowed. Guessing is encouraged for those that don't have a clue!

Good luck!

Kevyn Adams, Brett Hedican, and NOT Whitney.....he wasn't acquired until summer of 2005. We also got Weekes that year prior to the playoffs, but not in this trade. The only other players on that championship run team that we got in late trades would be Thomas Malec and Sean Hill. But, I think Hill wasn't in a package trade. I'll have to go with Malec.

So....Adams, Hedican, Malec.

Kevyn Adams, Brett Hedican, and NOT Whitney.....he wasn't acquired until summer of 2005. We also got Weekes that year prior to the playoffs, but not in this trade. The only other players on that championship run team that we got in late trades would be Thomas Malec and Sean Hill. But, I think Hill wasn't in a package trade. I'll have to go with Malec.

So....Adams, Hedican, Malec.

Congrats! :D

Good job to Frog too for correctly guessing K. Adams.