The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Jazzowness

TWC Update

I have had this problem once or twice before also if you did not just hook it up I just unplug the box and let it reset.

Thanks for the help, but I'm pretty sure you can revise your guide with the new setup. Something about favorites or setting your channels. Gahh, I don't know. Thanks again Ichi and Max.

Thanks for the help, but I'm pretty sure you can revise your guide with the new setup. Something about favorites or setting your channels. Gahh, I don't know. Thanks again Ichi and Max.
Anytime

If anyone has Time Warner Cable, I need some help figuring out how to use the new set up.

It is missing a lot of channels when I press guide and I'm not sure how to revise my guide.

Thanks!

If its the new guide you can try this. http://raleigh-mail.timewarnercable.com/Portal/content/raleigh/acq/2008/February/2073Navigator2.aspx?u=alittesy%40nc.rr.com&a=View&s=14305&b=14804' target="_blank">http://raleigh-mail.timewarnercable.com/Po...305&b=14804[/post]

If it is the box. You may need to reset the box. Press in the power button until it flickers with a garbled message then release. Watch the tv screen for the box to initialize. After it finishes the box will turn off. You then turn the box back on.

If its the new guide you can try this. http://raleigh-mail.timewarnercable.com/Portal/content/raleigh/acq/2008/February/2073Navigator2.aspx?u=alittesy%40nc.rr.com&a=View&s=14305&b=14804' target="_blank">http://raleigh-mail.timewarnercable.com/Po...305&b=14804[/post]

If it is the box. You may need to reset the box. Press in the power button until it flickers with a garbled message then release. Watch the tv screen for the box to initialize. After it finishes the box will turn off. You then turn the box back on.

Thanks, that helped a lot. I still like the old one way better. I knew I could count on this for a timely response. Thanks again.

I don't like the new layout at all. I mean, it has some better features, but everything was easier with the old one. Rewinding and fast forwarding is more difficult, too.

I don't like the new layout at all. I mean, it has some better features, but everything was easier with the old one. Rewinding and fast forwarding is more difficult, too.

Gahh, I know. And I liked pushing A, B, and C instead of having to scroll down with the remote. Grr Time Warner Grr.

Gahh, I know. And I liked pushing A, B, and C instead of having to scroll down with the remote. Grr Time Warner Grr.

that is why i switched to Dish, easier to navigate and tons of HD content.

Is there a TWC address to email a complaint? Funny to see this thread, but I hate the new menus too.

For one, "blue on blue" is not the easiest color contrast to read! The menu pops up slower, sometimes saying "loading data", whereas the older version always popped-up ready. Movies in the listing are awful -- in the old menu, it would show you on the main screen how many 'stars' the movie was given as a review, the info listing would always tell you the major stars of the film, the director, the year it was made and the length. In the new menu, you have to hit "info" to see the number of review stars and the descriptions are much shorter, sometimes not even telling you who the actors are in the film, much less the director or length! I think it's a major step worse than the old menu format.