The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CanesGrrrl

What are YOU reading?

Right now I'm reading "The Darkest Evening of the Year" by Dean Koontz. I like those weird crazy books. My favorite authors are probably Dean Koontz and John Saul. I like James Patterson's stuff as well.

I've jumped into "The Inaugural addresses of the Presidents" by the Library of Freedom. I'll pay special attention to Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Kennedy, Reagan.

I'm a history/civil war buff so all of my reading centers around those two things.

I just got done reading "The Fremantle Diary" which is the memoirs/diary of Lt. Col. James Fremantle, an officer in the British armies elite Coldstream guards, journey through the confederacy during the summer of 1863. He entered through Mexico to avoid the Union blockade around the South and journeyed from Brownsville, Texas, to Charleston, SC, to Richmond, VA and finally his trip ended at Gettysburg, PA where he witnessed the battle beside of General's Lee and Longstreet. A very interesting book about a very interesting journey. He met virtually every major confederate commander during the war, including President Jefferson Davis, what a trip.

I'm also currently reading "Fiasco" about the botched war in Iraq and why it is the way it is and how it could have possibly been handled better. And better yet how it could and probably should have been avoided. So far it's just a review of my middle eastern politics and foreign policy classes in college.

This is pretty interesting. I love to read, I just never do it.

So over the summer I'm going to be reading the "100 Best Novels" by the New York Times. I've bought about 30 of the books so far, and I've read 3 of them. I just finished The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and I'm going to start on Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I've heard it's really good.

A lot of people have been refering books for me to read and I keep writing them down on my list, so it's actually about 130 books long by now.

This is pretty interesting. I love to read, I just never do it.

So over the summer I'm going to be reading the "100 Best Novels" by the New York Times. I've bought about 30 of the books so far, and I've read 3 of them. I just finished The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and I'm going to start on Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I've heard it's really good.

A lot of people have been refering books for me to read and I keep writing them down on my list, so it's actually about 130 books long by now.

Here is a really good book I just finished reading. You should add it to your list and make it number 1.

Click http://ii.babycenter.com/images/en_US//local/products/detail/3358.jpg' target="_blank">HERE![/post]

For all of you history fans out there, I just picked up a copy of "To Hell and Back" it's the autobiography of Audie Murphy, America's most decorated hero in World War II. He later became a movie star after the war and even starred as himself in his own movie also called to Hell and Back. So far it's already a lot different than the movie and gives some really interesting insight into what he saw while he was in the war.

For all of you who don't know, he himself was credited with killing/capturing over 240 Germans. A bunch of whom he killed while jumping on a burning tank and using the machine gun to mow them down as they advanced, and he did all of this before his 20th Birthday. Crazy stuff but true

Just wondering. Has anybody ever read "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu? I have heard it was a good read, but at the bookstore, it seems like there are different versions? Seems like some books are thicker than others? Just curious.

I read it about 20 years ago. As I recall, a good read.

Also liked Miyamoto Musashi's "Book of 5 Rings."

Domo arigato

Just wondering. Has anybody ever read "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu? I have heard it was a good read, but at the bookstore, it seems like there are different versions? Seems like some books are thicker than others? Just curious.

I havent read a book since my English class ended last semester. Had some good reads in there though, mostly classics like the Odyssey, Great Expectations, Romeo and Juliet, and also To Kill a Mockingbird which I didnt think would be too great, but I loved it!

I just finished up the three of the books in the Twilight series that are out. Very very good books, nice and easy to read as well! :)

Just finished book #2 of the Harry Potter series, I can see why the kids love these books. Good read but starting to get very dark.

Just finished book #2 of the Harry Potter series, I can see why the kids love these books. Good read but starting to get very dark.

I could never finish that series, I read the 4th book probably like3 times but Ive tried on two seperate occasions to finish the 5th and I got about 100 pages in the first time and about halfway in the 2nd time.