The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
fallen_apostle

Weekly Trivia Question

Do different name changes count? Could we choose the RBC and the ESA as 2?

Actually, did the Canes play in it while it was called the ESA? :huh:

Off the top of my head, I've got the RBC, the Greensboro Colliseum, and the Hartford Civic Center. So that's 3 (4 if they played in the ESA). Pretty sure the Whalers played in another Civic Center, but the name escapes me.

Do different name changes count? Could we choose the RBC and the ESA as 2?

Actually, did the Canes play in it while it was called the ESA? :huh:

Off the top of my head, I've got the RBC, the Greensboro Colliseum, and the Hartford Civic Center. So that's 3 (4 if they played in the ESA). Pretty sure the Whalers played in another Civic Center, but the name escapes me.

the canes did play in the ESA. i remember it was called that in the '02 run i think.. i dont know if they changed the name the next year or later on.

Are you including the Whalers WHA days? Otherwise Frog's got the list, since they've been in the NHL (I think).

From the WHA days, I'm pretty sure the Whalers played at least one home game in Boston at the Garden. They also played somewhere in Massachusetts other than Boston when the roof collapsed at the Hartford Civic Center but I don't remember where.

All I've got is:

RBC

Greensboro

Hartford Civic Center

Boston Garden

And some other place I don't know the name of when the roof collapsed at the Hartford Civic Center

So in other words I'm short the name of one.

Pretty sure one of them had something to do with another "Civic Center". I think one of the AHL teams is currently using it, because I remember playing an AHL game in 08 and the announcers mentioning the Whalers

Other answers were:

Springfield Civic Center

Boston Arena

The Big E Coliseum

So nobody wins this week, though a good job goes to iamafirehzrd and IceFrog for being able to name four of the buildings.

Up next week:

Famous Hartford draft picks.