The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
msgtcody

TOP 10 Own Goals

At least it's not as bad as Phillips/Emery scoring on themselves for the game winning goal in the deciding game of the stanley cup playoffs.

At least it's not as bad as Phillips/Emery scoring on themselves for the game winning goal in the deciding game of the stanley cup playoffs.

I think it is worse because supposedly on a delayed penalty you CAN'T get scored on, hence the reason why they pull the goalie. Only someone on our team could still manage to give up a goal though :lol:

Dude!

I was at that game! Recap

At the time, it was a bad goal to give -- scores WERE tied 1-1...

But the Canes ended up winning 7-2!!

The Canes did go on to win the Stanley Cup that year...

Wallin is still The Secret Weapon

Wallins goal makes it but somehow this one doesnt. This guy actually thought he scored a goal and started to celebrate.... in the olympic qualifiers no less.,..

I think it is worse because supposedly on a delayed penalty you CAN'T get scored on, hence the reason why they pull the goalie. Only someone on our team could still manage to give up a goal though :lol:

Not as bad as a few years back when the goalie was pulled for a delayed penalty and the team with the man up shot the puck and the opposing goalie kicked the puck out so hard it went off the boards and like a game of pool he scored a goal by making a kick save. How no one catches up to the puck to stop it is beyond me.

Wallins goal makes it but somehow this one doesnt. This guy actually thought he scored a goal and started to celebrate.... in the olympic qualifiers no less.,..

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

he's not celebrating.. he's throwing his hands and stick up in disgust and kneels over..

Dude!

I was at that game! http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Recap&gameNumber=54&season=20052006&gameType=2' target="_blank">Recap[/post]

At the time, it was a bad goal to give -- scores WERE tied 1-1...

But the Canes ended up winning 7-2!!

The Canes did go on to win the Stanley Cup that year...

Wallin is still The Secret Weapon

Man look at the attendance for that game...not even 11,000... :blink:

Yea cause when something bad happens to me the first thing I do is throw both my arms in the air lol

have you ever scored on your own goal? or something close to that? as soon as you do it you can't believe it, and he's showing his emotions by putting his arms over his face. i see no celebration at all..

He is though...at the very beginning. Think about it...when you score on your own team, or do something equally bad and embarrassing, do you react by jumping and putting your arms up over your head...as if in celebration? The answer is no of course. When I was 8, I scored an own-goal in soccer...the feeling afterwards was not excitement or energy-driven...it was more like sullen and depressing. The guy in the video shows too much energy for it not to be a celebration...people just don't do that when such a mistake occurs. Instead people become depressed and embarrassed...two things that take energy from you. Besides, look at the way the guy puts it into his own net...he fires it in. Not just taps it in by accident...he was ready to score a goal and he did so with the empty net...then realized it was on his own team.

*START SARCASM HERE*

oh i now see how he could have stood in front of the net waiting for the other team to pass it right through the legs of the goalie to him so he could score and rejoice.

*END SARCASM HERE*

if you're a defenseman, which i suppose he was, why would you not know that your in your OWN zone defending your OWN goal. it's happened many times where a defenseman tries to clear the puck behind the goal, but ends up shooting it right into their own net (take McCabe and Backstrom for examples)

i just don't see how he could be celebrating and thinking that he scored there. you've got to be aware of where you are.. and i'm sure he was and it's an instinct to try to get the puck away from the goal and trying to slap it behind the goal..

I think it was disgust. Who knows though, he could have gone temp. insane and thought he won the game winning goal of the Cup playoffs and was excited. Bit of a stretch, but oh well. :)