The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
bigbander

Tiger Woods reportedly to miss rest of season

My rant on Tiger Woods Bigbander and not meant toward your post, I respect your opinion on Woods. :)

There is no doubt that Tiger Woods is the greatest golfer today. Well he's really no different than any other professional athlete that plays in pain. Our hockey players do it most of their season. Football players play with stress ankle fractures with lidocaine injections and wraps to get them through their game. What Wood is expierencing is minor compared to most top athletes that have played their sport in pain.

It's a shame that a 45 year old man (Rocco) with a bad back who could not play last year because of it, is the 158th ranked player in golf who has never won a major tournament in his career and the last tournament he won was six years ago has not had any Cinderella headlines about his finish in the US Open. The only headlines is about Tiger's playing in pain and his knee surgery. Rocco beat every top ranked player in the world at that tournament and hung in with Tiger Wood for 2 days, no top ranked golfer did that, but there were no headlines about that.

My stock in an athlete goes up when they have been told they have cancer and they play as long as they can through their treatments weak and sick and then return to the sport instead of bowing out in self pity. Tiger Woods is a great golfer and a greater wimp in my book.

Tiger has made 850 million dollars in endorcements in his career, 160 million just this year. I don't think him missing the rest of the season is sad, I just think that's life Tiger get over it.

My rant on Tiger Woods Bigbander and not meant toward your post, I respect your opinion on Woods. :)

There is no doubt that Tiger Woods is the greatest golfer today. Well he's really no different than any other professional athlete that plays in pain. Our hockey players do it most of their season. Football players play with stress ankle fractures with lidocaine injections and wraps to get them through their game. What Wood is expierencing is minor compared to most top athletes that have played their sport in pain.

It's a shame that a 45 year old man (Rocco) with a bad back who could not play last year because of it, is the 158th ranked player in golf who has never won a major tournament in his career and the last tournament he won was six years ago has not had any Cinderella headlines about his finish in the US Open. The only headlines is about Tiger's playing in pain and his knee surgery. Rocco beat every top ranked player in the world at that tournament and hung in with Tiger Wood for 2 days, no top ranked golfer did that, but there were no headlines about that.

My stock in an athlete goes up when they have been told they have cancer and they play as long as they can through their treatments weak and sick and then return to the sport instead of bowing out in self pity. Tiger Woods is a great golfer and a greater wimp in my book.

Tiger has made 850 million dollars in endorcements in his career, 160 million just this year. I don't think him missing the rest of the season is sad, I just think that's life Tiger get over it.

i agree with you.. for tiger it's just another trophy and a couple more bucks.. for rocco it would have changed his whole life from there on out.. and he's pretty much already forgotten

The only question I have not to sound stupid or anything but they play year round what does it mean he is going to miss the rest of the season?

They don't entirely play year-round... it's kind of like tennis and auto racing. They have a few months off at the end of the year, as the FedEx Cup wraps up near the end of September, and most top players don't really play in the Fall Series in October.

Definitely a shocking announcement, though. Now we know why Tiger said "I'm shutting it down for a while" after he won the U.S. Open. Apparently, he knew all along he'd be done for the season after this past weekend, but like he said, he didn't want to overshadow the U.S. Open with everyone talking about how it would be his last tournament of 2008. So he definitely deserves props for that, on top of props for winning arguably the toughest tournament in golf despite his bad knee. It'll be weird to see two majors without Tiger, but I'm sure the other players will be happy that they don't have to worry about trying to stop him.

Well I would not know by tennis or auto racing either two more sports I do not follow. And I thought they went year round also.

i agree with you.. for tiger it's just another trophy and a couple more bucks.. for rocco it would have changed his whole life from there on out.. and he's pretty much already forgotten

Nothing againist Rocco but nobody remembers the guy who finishes second.