The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
fallen_apostle

Weekly Trivia Question

Total guesses here, score 4-3 game winner scored by Guy Lafleur?

Lafleur retired after the '85-'86 season. He came back in 1988 however. He wasn't hated by people though. 4-3 is wrong too.

But both good guesses!

I will guess 5-4 and Claude Lemieux.

Score is wrong but the player is correct!

It was Claude Lemieux who scored 5:55 into the first OT to send the Whalers home.

Good job Puckrock!

Thanks for the nostalgia, I remember watching that game! There were two Montreal Canadians that I hated in particular for killing the Whale in overtime games Lemieux being one and Russ Courtnall being the other.

2-1?

Correct!

Congrats to Puckrock for sweeping the trivia questions!

I had a feeling that a Whaler fan (or someone who went back to those days) would have to answer these questions, as most Carolina fans just don't go back far enough to remember.

Up next week:

Famous Franchise Games-Hartford Style

Part 2

Can we do some that aren't related to Hartford? Cause I'm not even old enough be alive besides a few of the last seasons and I haven't studied. I love this but I never know any of them.

Can we do some that aren't related to Hartford? Cause I'm not even old enough be alive besides a few of the last seasons and I haven't studied. I love this but I never know any of them.

Yes! We will have some on Carolina!

In fact, because of your complaint, I've decided to mix up the questions so that one week features Hartford trivia and then the next week features Carolina trivia.

So instead of continuing the Hartford "famous games" series next week, I will have a famous Carolina game on tap for trivia. From there will go back and forth each week between Hartford and Carolina. Sound good?

Also, the weekly trivia question will be every Saturday now instead of random days. That way, everybody knows what day the question will be and a full week can pass.

I've never mentioned this, but if anybody has any questions regarding the weekly trivia then please feel free to pm me and ask. Also, if you've got a great trivia question in store then feel free to pm me that too...suggestions are always welcome!

Thanks.

Yes! We will have some on Carolina!

In fact, because of your complaint, I've decided to mix up the questions so that one week features Hartford trivia and then the next week features Carolina trivia.

So instead of continuing the Hartford "famous games" series next week, I will have a famous Carolina game on tap for trivia. From there will go back and forth each week between Hartford and Carolina. Sound good?

Also, the weekly trivia question will be every Saturday now instead of random days. That way, everybody knows what day the question will be and a full week can pass.

I've never mentioned this, but if anybody has any questions regarding the weekly trivia then please feel free to pm me and ask. Also, if you've got a great trivia question in store then feel free to pm me that too...suggestions are always welcome!

Thanks.

Thanks a lot! I might get a few, but of course it is always fun learning more about the Hartford days! And even if you aren't online when the question is posted and people beat you to it; I always like at least attempting to guess before I read the rest of the thread. Thanks fallen_apostle, I look forward to your next question.