The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
SuckaPunchd

Xbox Live Gamertags

i'm zephyr1108. i mainly play halo 3 and COD4 and yes i play NHL07 not 08, i hate all that rockband, Guitar Hero garbage though...i miss the good ole days when DDR rained supreme!!!!

DDR was great!! I used to be pretty good at it, too. was it ever online though? i only had the PS2 version and no online for it.

ive never played rockband, and guitar hero is ok, not really one of my favorite games. funny thing i have noticed though is that most actual guitar players are really bad at it, while people who dont play guitar are pretty good :lol:

Kardon47

but i just got the three red rings :o :angry:

ill play anyone in NHL08(got it cause Staal was on the front) or NHL 2K8

Havent seen you here in a while! No love for Halo 3 or NHL 08?

ill try and add you im a large moose 9

Ya. I play NHL 08. Mostly shootouts. Halo 3 as well. I just thought Call of Duty 4 was way better than them. I dont like how you check people in '08.

U have the new Halo 3 maps yet? I think some more even came out today.

Ya. I play NHL 08. Mostly shootouts. Halo 3 as well. I just thought Call of Duty 4 was way better than them. I dont like how you check people in '08.

U have the new Halo 3 maps yet? I think some more even came out today.

Yeah i got the Heroic, but I still have to download the newest ones, they look awesome!

I hate talking to myself on Live.. lol

Yeah i see you play a lot of shootouts..

haha anyways ima go back playing some Gears..

yeah shootouts are the best. everytime i play a game i end up having to do somethin else and rush through it..

Kardon47

but i just got the three red rings :o :angry:

ill play anyone in NHL08(got it cause Staal was on the front) or NHL 2K8

ME TOO!! :( idk what to do.. i guess i have to get it repaired?? i've had my 360 for almost 2 years and it's now breakin down on me.. <_<

and im trying to sign into xbox.com and it says my email isnt for my account.. what the heck is going on?!?!? i've tried all the emails i own, plus my parents..

EDIT: nvm.. it works again, but in a few minutes it will freeze up and give the the RoL thing again.. i figured out that i entered my email address wrong for the account.. :rolleyes:

Hey I just got an XBox-360 and was wondering what hockey games you guys have. So far the only game I bought was GTA 4, I want a hockey game but can't decide between NHL 08 and 2k8. I played a demo of each and kind of liked 2k8 better. I know there's a thread on here about the two but I can't seem to find it. Anyway when I get home and finally set Live up my handle will be Swamp Fox.

Hey I just got an XBox-360 and was wondering what hockey games you guys have. So far the only game I bought was GTA 4, I want a hockey game but can't decide between NHL 08 and 2k8. I played a demo of each and kind of liked 2k8 better. I know there's a thread on here about the two but I can't seem to find it. Anyway when I get home and finally set Live up my handle will be Swamp Fox.

Good choice with GTA4 :P

I've never liked 2k hockey games, and decided to get EA's one back in 06, and they are way better, this years NHL08 made a good improvement in depth and realism..

on the other hand 2k always disspoints me, the quality is horrible, the depth in it is bad, and the skating and shooting is bad, pretty much it's not realistic at all..

If i were you id spend my 59$ on NHL08 im sure you'll like it, the controller setting are great, no buttons needed except the bumpers and the triggers, everythign else is with the thumbsticks. EX: left thumbstick is for controlling where you skate and the movement with your player. the right one is for shooting moving the puck with your stick like in real life.. and you can pull some sick moves..

but thats just my opinion..

If you ever get Xbox Live add me at DATSYUKprospect

I've never liked 2k hockey games, and decided to get EA's one back in 06, and they are way better, this years NHL08 made a good improvement in depth and realism..

on the other hand 2k always disspoints me, the quality is horrible, the depth in it is bad, and the skating and shooting is bad, pretty much it's not realistic at all..

If i were you id spend my 59$ on NHL08 im sure you'll like it, the controller setting are great, no buttons needed except the bumpers and the triggers, everythign else is with the thumbsticks. EX: left thumbstick is for controlling where you skate and the movement with your player. the right one is for shooting moving the puck with your stick like in real life.. and you can pull some sick moves..

but thats just my opinion..

I guess I've got the flipside opinion lol.

I hate EA sports games. The '08 hockey version is better though, esp. on the 360. However, I still like the 2k games because IMHO they're more realistic than their EA counterparts...EA hockey games have always had that "arcade" feel to them...fast skating, lots of scoring, no defence, etc...while the 2k games focus more on defense and have more strategy to them. I think both games (EA's NHL 08 and NHL 2k8) look great and play well, it's just that I prefer the more realistic hockey experience (with defence and shutouts!) that NHL 2k8 provides compared to end-to-end scoring fest that I find EA hockey games to be. HOWEVER, I need to warn you about some things that NHL 2k8 has that NHL08 does not have (thank God).

1) In NHL 2k8, the ONLY THINGS THE CPU PLAYERS KNOW HOW TO DO are 1) charge at you without getting a penalty, and 2) go down and block shots even if the puck is being fired 50ft away. I swear to God AppState, you will get so frustrated with this game if you try to beat the cpu at its own game. The referee WILL ALWAYS CALL THE HUMAN PLAYER FOR ANYTHING compared to completely letting the cpu players run you over from behind AND charge you from across the ice. Luckily, being the human players, it's easy to avoid these charges and put together nice scoring plays.

Basically, I've had to turn penalities down because the officiating is so lopsided for the cpu's favor...so yea once you do that you're good to go lol. The defence in the game really is good, and the goalies are spot on (with the movements and everything, really good job 2k did with the goalies), but it does get frustrating sometimes when you're in the offensive zone and WHAM you get run over...it takes some good strategy-thinking to get past that because you CANNOT just skate around and score at will. Now I just use the PRO setting simply because that's all you need...the D is good there (with some adjustments) and the offensive capabilities are there too...just have to use them correctly. Oh, and I have hitting turned down to ZERO in the game...doesn't make a difference though. I still finish games with like a total of 70 hits between both teams. Really, this is the main flaw of the game...defence is played through hitting and hitting only. If you miss a hit (or the cpu misses one) watch out, because now there's an odd man rush going the other way OR your goalie will be outnumbered with scorers left open in front of him.

So, in conclusion lol, the 2k game is good but you have to make adjustments and BE ready for a physical affair with the cpu. Once you get past that though, the scoring is pretty in the game (very realistic), the goalies are spot on, and overall it feels like a hockey game.

Whew...maybe NHL 08 is a better game :lol: . Doesn't drain you so much...

On NHL 08 I always have to turn penalties off mostly because 1) I disagree with most of the calls and 2) 75% of the penalties my team commits are me tripping someone by accident while just going for a poke check, me committing "interference" when the puck is right there, and the CPU's on my team just take a dumb penalty every now and then just to make me mad.

On NHL 08 I always have to turn penalties off mostly because 1) I disagree with most of the calls and 2) 75% of the penalties my team commits are me tripping someone by accident while just going for a poke check, me committing "interference" when the puck is right there, and the CPU's on my team just take a dumb penalty every now and then just to make me mad.

Completely agree! Both things happen to me on that game too...esp. the interference lol.

Anybody ever played the Star Wars games, LEGO style? I just picked up "The Complete Saga" for my 360 while down in Atlanta, and I must say it's really good...funny too. Nice twist on a classic series.

Anybody ever played the Star Wars games, LEGO style? I just picked up "The Complete Saga" for my 360 while down in Atlanta, and I must say it's really good...funny too. Nice twist on a classic series.

I have played the demo for it, they seem like a time killing game (in a fun way) but never got the urge to buy it..

Right now im really into Oblivion, you should try it, that's if you like RPG's