The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniacfromappstate

What to do in Raleigh.

depends on what your into, but I would suggest going to the NC art museum, also you can go check out the progress energy center's schedule for plays and other theater events (maybe something more for the lady ;) )Not sure what sport games you have done/talking about, but you can check out the mudcats or durham bulls games if you like baseball, I hate it but I have been to 2 mudcats games in Zeb. that were fun events even though I don't care for the sport, plus tickets are cheap (at least they are for the cats, not sure bout the bulls). If you like music maybe check out downtown live , I haven't gone yet but seems like fun.

And if you haven't been and can afford to take a small trip the NC State Zoo in Asheboro is always a fun date, bring your walkin' shoes though.

should keep you going for a couple more weeks ;)

The Flea Market at the fair grounds is always fun. Honestly. And their is a pizza truck that has good pizza there too. :D

So I need some new things to do with my girlfriend we've already almost done everything I can think of in 3 months of summer

Movies

Putt Putt /Arcade

sports games

ice skating

going out to try different places to eat

playing hockey together

walking around downtown

so yea any suggestions for places to go or things to do?

Have you checked out Parkgeek.com? Michael and Pam Davison have put together a website with info for folks like us - needing help finding things to do. You can also subscribe to their e-newsletter of things happening around Raleigh, too. I personally appreciate the info being sent right to my email box, so I don't have to dig through a lot of sites to find the info. I believe it's sent out on Mondays.

Hope you have a great summer!

Depends on how old you are... but the music scene in raleigh/chapel hill is pretty diverse and their are always shows going on (ncmusic.com lists almost all the shows going on in nc on a daily basis). If you're of age there are lots of bars to go to. Cooking dinner at home instead of going out can be fun. If you cook your girlfriend dinner all by yourself that gets you bonus points. My gf and I are horrible at tennis but we bought a couple raquets from goodwill for a couple bucks and go hit the ball around at the local park... There are also comic book conventions/anima conventions you can go to. I also agree that the flea market can be fun. Lots of stuff to look at, food to eat, and interesting people. One great way to find things to do is look in the Independent. They list hundreds of things going on from book readings to concerts to comedians... speaking of which Charlie Goodnights in Raleigh has really good comedians on a regular basis. Or you can go to Comedy Worx on Peace street to see improv like Who's Line is it Anyway. Lots of stuff to do man, lots.

I'm sure everyone is tired of me talking about Aussie Rules Football, but I love the game so much!

we have our next Tigers Intra-Squad Match August 23rd

http://www.nctigers.com

Our Family loves going to the pools:

http://www.raleighnc.gov/portal/server.pt/.../Cat-Index.html

the indoor pool at Pullen Park has diving boards (I can still do my 1

Pelican's SnoBalls‎ (5715 Fayetteville Rd, Garner -- saw Glen Wesley there a couple of weeks ago -- so, it's gotta be good)

I concur, Pelicans is a daily stop for my family. They even have a flavor for sno ball called the Carolina Hurricane :)