The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
kingofminneapolis

Steve Smith suspended for 2 games

Yeah I'm hoping for some others guys to step up too. Maybe Dwayne Jarrett will play more this year, I remember he was great in college but didnt play much with us last year. And hopefully Deangelo Williams will continue to improve even more this year.

I'm hoping that Hackett will stay healthy, him with Moose and Smith would be a deadly 3 wr combo. Deangelo and Stewart should compliment each other very well. I'm also hoping that Otah will have a nice year.

This whole thing has disappointed me. Of all the players to do something like this. Now, we'll be without our star player against a serious Super Bowl contender and an always-tough defense. Ugh.

This just ticks me off... why do guys do stupid stuff like this? Its not like he's worried about losing his starting job.. he was fighting with a defensive player... As far as the preseason games, the guys dont get paid for those games (at least not part of the whatever$$pergame he's gonna lose with the suspension) and he would only play the first 2 downs anyway, so thats not much of a punishment.

With or without Smith we would probably lose to SD anyway, but we should beat Chicago I hope. Plus, we are gonna be running the ball first and foremost anyway. Still its selfish and stupid... now I have to start someone else on my fantasy team for 2 games.. LOL... The worse part will be if Lucas has to sit out some, but I can't imagine a broken nose keeping a football player sidelined.. should heal quickly (i hope!)....

He has, but he's also cooled off the past couple of years and grown up. He's been the veteran player we need him to be, so this is obviously a surprise.

you could really tell a difference with smith between his break out year and last with his attitude and demeanor in an improvement way (he has been taking anger management btw), I would expect this from smith maybe two/three years ago. I would say it was more of a laps then anything, and I don't want to jump to any conclusions but we don't really know what lucus said or did to him that set him off either (not a justification, but both sides of the story are rarely published). Wish we could have him sit a different game though vs SD, but I think we can still pull it off w/o him, it will be an upset though for sure.

edit: smith apologized

http://www.wral.com/sports/football/nfl/story/3328187/

Why does the NFL have to intervene? It was at practice...let the team deal with it.

Seriously...I read all the time about Hurricanes going at it during camp and no one gets suspended.

Who is Ken Lucas anyway?

Well fighting in football and fighting in hockey is different, I agree though, the team should have been the one to handle it. I think we still have pretty good WR's without him, I know it's still a big loss. Last year we would have had Colbert and Jarret/Carter as our WR's, now it's Hackett, Moose and Jarret who has apparently gotten a lot better.