The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
medfordcaniac7

Brett Favre is embarassing himsefl IMO

It is about time. I have been a big Favre fan over the years, but I am sick of hearing about him.

Ya really i like Brett but i cant bear watching sports center because all the time they just talk about him so they should probably be over him by next week

The Packers organization was embarrassing themselves the minute they egged Favre to retire. He obviously wasn't 100% ready to retire, or else he would have stayed retired.

How is the Packer organization embarrassing themselves. Favre told them flat out he is retiring. The organization made plans to move on without Favre. They committed to Rodgers to be their starting quarterback. And because Favre after 3 months decided he doesn't want to retire, the Packers all of a sudden are supposed to nix all their plans to have him back. That's BS.

Favre brought this onto himself. He said he was retiring, the packers made plans to move on. Just because he all of a sudden wants to come back doesn't mean the packers have to turn around and tell Rodgers that he's now benched b/c undecisive Favre wants to come back.

Frankly I'm glad he got traded, glad he got traded to not his #1 choice Minny. Now hopefully the Favre saga can rest cause frankly I'm sick of hearing about him.

I agree, I'm glad they traded him, and I think its a little poetic justice they traded him for absolutely nothing. I dont think Brett is the be all end all of quarterbacks, he's won what? one superbowl? Green Bay won it in 97, and thier last win before that was 67. Brady has won 3 since then and played in a 4th. After 10 years of medocrity I'm glad Green Bay is moving on... and as a non-Green Bay fan I'm sick of hearing about it. I hope Rodgers has success, he deserves it, and even with Favre, the Jets will still stink so in my mind justice has been done... see how many years he sucks dirty pond water in the Jets camp before he calls it quits.. anyone wanna say next year?