The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
g105

What a Dull Time Summer Is

The top five leads on the Canes website are Mini Season Tix, a Golf tourney, a 5k Run, an interview with Francis, and the seat selector. And not much more on the Canes board. Good Lord, make something happen.

This isnt helping, lol.

Maybe Matts Sundin will sign somewhere and give everyone something to talk about, or cry....depending on where he signs and what team you root for.

Thats why I watch and curse at baseball lol ;)

Especially when the Yanks need help.... hmm... maybe bringing Clemens and Bonds isn't a bad idea afterall... :lol:

Maybe Matts Sundin will sign somewhere and give everyone something to talk about, or cry....depending on where he signs and what team you root for.

maybe he will pull one from 'left field' and decide to play baseball with the Toronto blue jays :huh:

:P

Wonder of wonders, the Canes FINALLY were mentioned in the paper today. The brief article was about the paucity of national TV exposure; only one game to be shown nationally.

Wonder of wonders, the Canes FINALLY were mentioned in the paper today. The brief article was about the paucity of national TV exposure; only one game to be shown nationally.

We are not a team that draws in a large market share. that would be Detroit, NYR, Pittsburgh, Washington. Nothing against us as a team, just the way the world of business works. It's the big markets that draw in viewers, and when that happens, companies spend money to advertise. Simple economics.

If youre bored and in need of hockey like I am, check out this link I found. Dozens of full length hockey games for every team. They are from the 06-07 season but still... nice to check out Ruutu, Melichar, Pitkanen when they played on their previous teams. By the way... I am watching us play the Penguins on here currently and Melichar.... does appear to suck. God I hope I am wrong, but he seems pretty useless.

http://video.google.com/nhl.html

If youre bored and in need of hockey like I am, check out this link I found. Dozens of full length hockey games for every team. They are from the 06-07 season but still... nice to check out Ruutu, Melichar, Pitkanen when they played on their previous teams. By the way... I am watching us play the Penguins on here currently and Melichar.... does appear to suck. God I hope I am wrong, but he seems pretty useless.

http://video.google.com/nhl.html''>http://video.google.com/nhl.html' target="_blank">http://video.google.com/nhl.html[/post]

Thanks for posting this link. Just finished watching the Canes game me and my wife went in New Jersey during the 06-07 season when the Canes won 7-1

Re. the Canes' 5K, g105: This next week, start training for it. If you really put your mind and body totally into the training process by running at least three days a week and cross training two or three other days, which'll help this next month fly by in record speed. Here's to a sub-30-minute effort for that 5K, fellow Caniac!

Jan/GSBG