The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
medfordcaniac7

Yankee Stadium Closes Forever Today

You forgot the homers by Tino, Jeter, and Brosius in 2001 - the closest I've ever been to even contemplating cheering for those scumbags. Whether you love the Yanks or hate the Yanks, you gotta admit that for the three nights from October 30 to November 1, 2001, something special and perhaps even magical was happening there.

I'm still trying to figure out how Boston @ New York wasn't scheduled for the final weekend of the season. I hope someone lost their job for that oversight.

All that being said, take the wrecking ball to it just like they did to Ebbets Field and the Polo Grounds. They also got that dump in Queens they're closing down this year, too. Implode it, as well.

I would love to be able to go to the last game and take some pictures because those could be kept and get passed down. That would be pretty cool!

P.S. I was going on vacation and i was flying to the LaGuardia airport and on the way i saw the new stadium it was close the the airport and i looked really big and nice

Its been pretty emotional so far. Will Roger show up? Would have been something if it was the Yanks/Sox but who knew this year would have unfolded as it did?

I love that Jeter gets the all time hits record....forever. Hope they enjoy this last night.

I haven't been to many ballparks: Old Comisky, Wrigley Field (still my fav), Yankee stadium, Milwaukee's old County Stadium, and Camden Yard. When I walked into Yankee Stadium for the first time, I got goosebumps. Then climbing the stairs up to the top, I got vertigo! I just can't imagine Yankee's anywhere else.

Here's hoping Wrigley Field stays put.

I'm not a fan of baseball...but I do understand the importance of this stadium in our collective past...I am a NYY today.

Good luck to the Yanks today closing out a historic stadium that has had lots of great moments over the years.

Babe Ruth Hrs in the WS

Dimaggio 56 game hitting streak

Don Larsen perfect game in WS

Roger Maris 61 Dinger

Reggie 3 bombs vs LA in the 77 WS, especially off of Charlie Hough

that hit the black, what a bomb that was

Yanks comeback vs the Braves in 96

Yanks smoking Braves in 99

Big HR for Aarone Boone vs Wakefield in 2003

and non Yankee moments

1981 Dodgers win in Yankee Stadium to win

Pedro Guerrero knocks in 5 Rbi to clinch

1955 Brooklyn Dodgers win only WS while in Broolyn vs NY

2003 Josh Becket shutout in game 6 to win World Series

2004 Sox come back from 0-3 behind Derek Lowe and Johnny

Damon leading the way

and Many Many more good memories. Yankee Stadium will be missed by All real baseball fans B)

yankee-pic.jpg

oldny6.jpg

I started to feel bad also. Now I am a Red Sox fan but it is sad to see this Stadium closing after this game. I also think the last game at Yankee stadium should have been between the Yankees and Red Sox.

Should have been, but they were thinking possibly an "easy" win for the Yanks vs the Sox, and not possibly a shut out by the Sox lol :lol:

BTW, how can you call them scum bags? 1, maybe 2 players I could understand not liking because of their attitutes, but what about Manny Rodriguez and his attitude? There are many players that "seem" great and nice, but Derek Jeter is a class act all the way. One of the best ball players and if you go up to him and say "Hey Jeter! Can you sign this ball/shirt/whatever for me/my wife/husband/child/whatever", no problem. But the whole team? Come on...

Should have been, but they were thinking possibly an "easy" win for the Yanks vs the Sox, and not possibly a shut out by the Sox lol :lol:

BTW, how can you call them scum bags? 1, maybe 2 players I could understand not liking because of their attitutes, but what about Manny Rodriguez and his attitude? There are many players that "seem" great and nice, but Derek Jeter is a class act all the way. One of the best ball players and if you go up to him and say "Hey Jeter! Can you sign this ball/shirt/whatever for me/my wife/husband/child/whatever", no problem. But the whole team? Come on...

Manny Rodriquez or Ramirez? :lol: Who called them scum bags?

Very nice ending to Yankee Stadium and Im glad they won the game. Only wierd thing is they have go out on the road and keep playing. All this closure tonight feels like the season should also be done for the Yanks too. With all these goodbyes, I wonder if it'll be tough to hit the road and re-focus? I sure hope so since the Red Sox end with a big series against them at Fenway Park ;)

You did not think I called anyone a scum bag did you?

I'm sad to see it go because of the history during those early years of the 20s-40s/50s, but I'm glad to see it go because of the torment it had caused Red Sox fans over the last 15-20 years. And to think that the new stadium will add around 40 million to their payroll makes me a little bit sick.

I've always been a Yankees hater... but I still hate to see this piece of Americana go away. I agree though, would have been nice if the last game of the season had been Yankees-Red Sox

You did not think I called anyone a scum bag did you?

Tarheel Mike, not you Max. I know you're an avid Sox fan, THM is a Rays fan I believe.

Edit: Manny Ramirez. I dunno where I got Rodriguez from.. maybe thinking Manny and Arod's connection.

Tarheel Mike, not you Max. I know you're an avid Sox fan, THM is a Rays fan I believe.

Edit: Manny Ramirez. I dunno where I got Rodriguez from.. maybe thinking Manny and Arod's connection.

Manny is a scumbag :lol::unsure::lol:

I have great respect for the Yankees now and always will. They are a class organization

who does things right. yes they have some owners that are a little over the top, but

otherwise classy through and through.

Oh ok. Sorry just thought you were talking to me. I was going to say I did not say anything like that.

I always disliked the Sox because of Manny. Could not stand that *edit*. Guys like Nomar, Youk (only because Joba aims right at his head ALL the time, and I still don't know why!) Pedroia (who is my new favorite 2nd baseman right now), those kinds of guys make me want to... not ""cheer"...., but say .... I dunno what I wanna say, but I like those guys and can stand the team now that that flip is gone.

Yeah, I said it.

Nothing but respect for guys like Rivera, Bernie, Tino, Brosius, O'Neill, and Jeter - even if I think he's vastly overrated. But Steinbrenner was always a jerk and when he wasn't overpaying for guys like Kevin Brown and Jason Giambi, he was bringing in guys like Doc and Straw and giving Steve Howe a 19th chance. The advent of ESPNY's obsession with the Yanks/Sawx rivalry hasn't helped matters.

I mean,

Need I say more?