The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Worst pet peeve?

Stupid people in general, but that's probably too broad. I won't continue that thought in fear of irritating others.

First thing that comes to mind on a question like this is toilet paper. It comes over the top, people. Putting it on the other way is just not proper. If I go into someone else's house, and the toilet paper is not on the roll as such, I will fix it for them.

Ditto on the cell phone thing.

But espeically

People that tailgate...especially if you are already doing "9 over"

My worst:

People that talk on cell phones or use blue tooth in public places. Its one thing to answer your phone and have a quick 30 sec conversation but people that go on and on in restaurants, grocery stores, movie theaters and standing in any line drive me crazy. Are they really that important that they cant say "I'll have to call you right back", and do they really think its ok to just ramble on with everyone around them forced to listen to their conversation?

Stupid people in general, but that's probably too broad. I won't continue that thought in fear of irritating others.

First thing that comes to mind on a question like this is toilet paper. It comes over the top, people. Putting it on the other way is just not proper. If I go into someone else's house, and the toilet paper is not on the roll as such, I will fix it for them.

Amen.

Second part is funny, lol. Perfectionist maybe?

My worst:

People that talk on cell phones or use blue tooth in public places. Its one thing to answer your phone and have a quick 30 sec conversation but people that go on and on in restaurants, grocery stores, movie theaters and standing in any line drive me crazy. Are they really that important that they cant say "I'll have to call you right back", and do they really think its ok to just ramble on with everyone around them forced to listen to their conversation?

Reminded me of a odd experience, I was getting into my car at a shopping center and a van parked next to me. out popped a family, nothing odd there, mom, dad, and four kids. All wearing blue tooth head sets... I find the headsets creepy enough on one person, but to see it on an entire family... weird...

As to the pet peeves, oh there are so many...

1) people who own but don't need a SUV. And particularly the ones who you can see tears rolling down their faces every time they are at the pump. (Expected gas to be $1/gallon forever on a resource that is going to be extinct in our lifetime?)

2) People who still watch Mtv. Mtv hasn't be relevant or cool in at least the past 15 years, and why anyone waste their time and efforts on that bubble-gum shrink packaged marketing carp is beyond me. ( C rap is edited? really? :lol: )

3) This one might hurt some feelings locally but I have yet to understand it. People who cheer on a school/university when they didn't attend the school or have any friends/family that do. I don't understand it at all. (looking at you UNC / DUKE / NC State)

4) the entire Bush administration. That's all I will say on that.

5) the term collateral damage.

6) Rap music since P.Diddy or whatever he has been calling himself.

7) people who get into fights at sporting events... Its just a game folks, how stupid is it to get arrested over a game?

I could go on I fear, so I better stop while I can... :lol:

People who chew gum with their oths open.. You're not cattle, folks!

Guilty :ph34r:

Biggest pet peeves:

1. People who claim and/or act like experts dealing with things they have absolutely ZERO experience in.

2. Taxes.

3. That person in the Lexus on the cell phone that I seem to get behind every morning and afternoon on the outer beltline. Also, you're not the only one who wants to get on the 264 bypass. You wait until you're right on it and then recklessly swoop three lanes of traffic, all the while yapping away on your cell phone. Hang up, shut up, pay attention and drive.

4. Election years. Blah, blah, blah, same old crap.

5. The two party system. It does not work.

As a convenience store employee, I can't stand it when people come to the counter talking on their cell phones. I'm showing you respect by giving you my undivided attention. Can't you do the same for me for the 60 seconds it takes me to ring you up?

Another thing I hate is when people correct the grammar of speakers of nonstandard dialects. Get over yourself, please. My accent is no better or worse than yours; my speech is just as rule-governed and logical as yours. Don't use no double negatives if you don't like it, but you ain't gonna get me to change my speech!

Biggest pet peeves:

1. People who claim and/or act like experts dealing with things they have absolutely ZERO experience in.

2. Taxes.

3. That person in the Lexus on the cell phone that I seem to get behind every morning and afternoon on the outer beltline. Also, you're not the only one who wants to get on the 264 bypass. You wait until you're right on it and then recklessly swoop three lanes of traffic, all the while yapping away on your cell phone. Hang up, shut up, pay attention and drive.

4. Election years. Blah, blah, blah, same old *edit*.

5. The two party system. It does not work.

This is so true. It's becoming really bad here with people talking on their cell phones AND driving at the same time...esp. in the left lane. ARGH it's so annoying!!!

I agree with so many on this list, i would have to add people who cant park, or are too lazy to park their car right. i will leave people notes on their windshields saying 'you can't park. Love, God' just to keep them aware. also the morons in their brand new 50,000 dollar cars who park in two spots at the front of stores, i typically try to get as close as i can in my hunk of *edit* car, or i'll leave shopping carts all around them.

I agree with so many on this list, i would have to add people who cant park, or are too lazy to park their car right. i will leave people notes on their windshields saying 'you can't park. Love, God' just to keep them aware. also the morons in their brand new 50,000 dollar cars who park in two spots at the front of stores, i typically try to get as close as i can in my hunk of *edit* car, or i'll leave shopping carts all around them.

Id like to add, off topic, but there is nothing funnier then watching a rogue shopping cart on a windy day barrel from one end to the other and plow into a lexus. Moments like that make me smile.

Oh there is something funnier.

A Home Depot lumber cart creaming a new Mercedes and setting off the alarm. =D

I have a feeling I will be spending some time tonight on youtube looking up "Parking lot accidents" LOL

Jersey pins.....or jerseys with the incorrect patches on them. I mean, to have a Canes jersey with the X patch is cool but i'm talkin the X patch and say....the 2002 SCF patch. But hey, to each his own right?

I'm asking for it right here lol but,disgrunteld Whaler fans who claim that Hurricanes fans "stole"your team.

People who have no idea what the difference is between "your"and "you're"

add to that "to and too" and "their and there and they're"

Also people who don't know what a paragraph or a period is. Expect me to read a wall of text with no periods and paragraphs? I think not.

Id like to add, off topic, but there is nothing funnier then watching a rogue shopping cart on a windy day barrel from one end to the other and plow into a lexus. Moments like that make me smile.

Oh there is something funnier.

A Home Depot lumber cart creaming a new Mercedes and setting off the alarm. =D

I knew there was a good reason for me to park my car away from other people and uphill whenever possible. Now my paranoia seems somewhat justified.

3) This one might hurt some feelings locally but I have yet to understand it. People who cheer on a school/university when they didn't attend the school or have any friends/family that do. I don't understand it at all. (looking at you UNC / DUKE / NC State)

This one gets on my nerves too... I attended NC State, and my sister went to UNC, so i EXPECT some ribbing from her, and I don't mind it when she gives me a hard time. I throw it right back at her. Nothing makes me more upset then some damn fool in New York or California wearing a UNC hat, or Jordan jersey or something like that and they dont even know where North Carolina even IS, all they know is they were in the final four.. or won the championship that year... Why do they even sell UNC hats in California? (Yeah.. I know I know.. because they sell.... *sigh*)

Another thing that drives me nuts is guys on State's campus wearing UNC hats... I mean, I understand if your a fan, and your whole family went there, but your a State student.. if you refuse to wear a State hat then don't wear anything. (This is very rampant among the frat row denizens)...

I understand some people may be fans of the team, and didnt go there and thats fine.. but when your walking in the mall and some bratty *edit* teenager, who is too young to be a college student yells at you "HEY *insert team name here* SUCKS!!!" thats when you should be justified in punching them in the fast. Also you have the blue collar, car mechanic types, which not to say thats a bad thing, but you have a pretty good feeling they didnt attend any college...

At least the good thing i've noticed in my years at State, State has very few bandwagon/fair weather fans... Yes, you can argue that the reason for that is we havent won a championship since 83... but I dont care. Nearly everyone I see wearing a State hat (even if I'm somewhere like Savannah georgia) is a State student, State Alum, State Parent, or child of a State Alum.

A lot of my other pet peeves have already been mentioned.. on the phone in line at a restaurant... standing next to you in a store/elevator/bus mysteriously talking to themselves (bluetooth)... I do answer my phone if i'm sitting in a resaurant and this is what I say "Hey.. I'm at *wherever* eating dinner right now.. lemme call you back"....heres one thats sort of a combination of several. Woman who takes 25 minutes to unlock her escalade door because she is unwilling to put down her phone, her latte, her purse, her shopping bag, etc... so she tucks the phone on her shoulder, rests the coffee in the crook of her elbow, slips 3 bags over her other arm.. and then curses loudly when she drops her keys on the ground.

Heres one that happened yesterday... elderly woman... no make that ancient... driving an enormous lincoln through the wal mart parking lot at 1 mile an hour... drives around to the front.. stops RIGHT in front of the door (in the fire lane)... opens her door (and the car is rolling backwards because grandma didnt put it in park)... finally stops the car and gets out to do her shopping..... whenever people do this it makes me want to slash their tires, bash in their windshields or call a tow truck (who would never make it in time)... Oh.. and along those same lines, I hate it when I see someone pull up in a 7 series BMW jacked up on 27 inch rims, pull into a handicap spot, throw up the placard.. and then a 17 year old kid jumps out and runs full speed into the store.... obviously this person is not handicapped... and yet a friend of mine that i used to hang out with who has to permanently use crutchs and drive her car with hand controls has to park 2 miles away because of this idiot. Those are times I wish I was a cop so I could write the guy a ticket and tow his butt... but alas... cops dont enforce those, the system is totally corrupt... and technically since he had the placard he's not parking illegally...so nothing you can do.

Im confused about this one. I didnt attend UNC and dont know anybody that did. So i shouldnt cheer for them and be a fan?

Another thing that drives me nuts is guys on State's campus wearing UNC hats... I mean, I understand if your a fan, and your whole family went there, but your a State student.. if you refuse to wear a State hat then don't wear anything. (This is very rampant among the frat row denizens)...

I understand some people may be fans of the team, and didnt go there and thats fine.. but when your walking in the mall and some bratty *edit* teenager, who is too young to be a college student yells at you "HEY *insert team name here* SUCKS!!!" thats when you should be justified in punching them in the fast. Also you have the blue collar, car mechanic types, which not to say thats a bad thing, but you have a pretty good feeling they didnt attend any college...

Maybe those people who wear UNC hats are going to State because whatever program they are in is better at State. They don't have to like the State teams just because they go there.

And you have to realize that UNC and Duke are recognized nationally as sports teams, not just colleges, so the only people who have opinions about them aren't just going to be college students.

That's like saying if you live in Raleigh, you shouldn't wear any other NHL team's stuff except the Canes, or any NFL stuff aside from the Panthers.

My pet peeves are people who misuse big words to try and sound smart and hypocrites.

add to that "to and too" and "their and there and they're"

Also people who don't know what a paragraph or a period is. Expect me to read a wall of text with no periods and paragraphs? I think not.

Hey, y'all stop talking about my ex-wife!! :)

Oh, and Eric...

Any Carolina fan worth anything wouldn't attend State in the first place. So not only are they bad State fans, they're not even Carolina fans. Which puts them at the bottom of the barrel... with the Duke fans.

ok this just happened to me a few minutes ago at work. When your on the phone talking (not on hold but an actual conversation) and somebody walks up to your desk and starts talking to you. I also hate when im on the phone and somebody walks up to me and just stands beside my desk and stares at me waiting for me to hang up! Makes me all :angry: