The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Worst pet peeve?

I wonder how "Things that tick you off" got shortened to pet peeves.... pet? Human peeves?

So my pet peeve is the name pet peeves...

I normally have a bunch of good ones that I can really get into, but ever since I've been reading this thread I've been drawing a blank, haha!

However my biggest pet peeve is baseball, and everything about it. Softball goes there too, since its pretty much the same thing.

EDIT: I'm sure that will offend a few people.

Oh, and Eric...

Any Carolina fan worth anything wouldn't attend State in the first place. So not only are they bad State fans, they're not even Carolina fans. Which puts them at the bottom of the barrel... with the Duke fans.

LOL... thats funny right there.. thats exactly what I was thinking... The other thing is guys who would RATHER be at UNC/Duke but couldnt get in! LOL... I don't know what that says about State since State lets em in, the entrance requirements SHOULD be the same (in the case of UNC), but its really more of a case with Duke since a lot of those guys can't get in (and then they flunk out of State.. no surprise)...

And Tangled,

I understand what your saying, and if your a true fan of a team thats fine, when I see someone around here wearing a Buffalo Sabres jersey, I assume they are a fan or from that area, but part of the "nationally recognized" part of UNC or Duke is things like, winning a championship or a star player like Jordan, and people will wear the gear but they have never watched a single game, dont know where the campus is, couldnt name any player or coach other then the one on the jersey. Thats what makes me sick... teams that have become a "commodity" or even in some cases, like the NY Yankees, or the Atlanta Braves or teams like that, they become part of a "group" culture like gang colors and what not... those are the kinda of people who dont give a *edit* about the team or the school and then give the school a bad name when they are on COPS or Americas Most Wanted.. LOL

Another one of my college sports related peeves is why is it that people who shall remain nameless (ahem... Franklin Street... ahem Durham)... decide to riot and destroy stuff and burn cop cars when you WIN a championship... I can understand being pissed off and destructive when you lose.. but hell you should be happy.... yelling and screaming in the streets is one things, but to start looting and pillaging and killing when your supposed to be CELEBRATING? How great does that look on Sportscenter huh?

I normally have a bunch of good ones that I can really get into, but ever since I've been reading this thread I've been drawing a blank, haha!

However my biggest pet peeve is baseball, and everything about it. Softball goes there too, since its pretty much the same thing.

EDIT: I'm sure that will offend a few people.

:o

It's so nice to know that people in general hate things about other people. Like, we all have a collective list that we put together starting at an early age (usually adolescence). It really makes me feel better knowing that when I step outside my door every morning and face the world with angst and low expectations, there are thousands of other people doing the same thing.

Great minds may not think alike, but institutionalized people do.

1-People who don't use their turn signals. I hate waiting on someone to go straight across an intersection for them to just turn in front of me.

2-People who go to Starbucks and eat Sushi just to be part of the cool crowd, or think so at least.

3-People who say they can't think or work until they have their coffee. I understand that you might like your coffee, but don't use that as an excuse.

4-Stores that don't use AC when it is 90 degrees outside.

5-People who practically stop to make a turn. Especially when they don't use their turn signal.

6-People driving below the speed limit in the left lane. If you are getting ready to turn left soon I will cut you some slack.

7-People who do not know the meaning of "make the light". Let me point out that I do not run red lights at all.

8-People with 3+ kids that have no idea how to control them.

9-People living off of welfare and my tax money because they are lazy

10-People living off of welfare and having more cable channels than me.

11-People making fun of the Canes because they think hockey doesn't belong here.

I am sure I will think of more things, but I am getting worked up. LOL. I hope I did not offend too many people.

I once saw a lady cutting coupons with large scissors on I-40 during rush hour.

To add to my prior list:

12-Rubberneckers creating traffic for no good reason. The majority of traffic around this area is due to stupid people.

People who have no respect for bicyclers. We have no where else to ride, you try riding through the dirt on the side of the road while trying to get to work.

People who give no effort into looking for something and then ask me where stuff is at Target.

People who say "Targ

people that complain about things they're going to do anyways.

&

Atheists who feel it's their mission to thwart the beliefs of every faith believing person out there.

people that complain about things they're going to do anyways.

Good one. Let me just add, people that complain about stuff they have to do, complain about everything and chances are, they arent happy about anything and complain about everything. Anyone follow that?

So I guess to add, two more of my pet peeves are:

1) whiners

2) complainers

If you're not happy with something or someone, do something about it yourelf or move on. Dont just whine and complain expecting things to change.

My biggest Pet Peeves are:

1) When some idiot cuts me off, then drives under the speed limit. It especially pi$$es me off when there wasn't a car behind me that they could have waited 1 second.

2) Talking on the cell phone in the movie theatre. I have actually stopped going to the movies b/c of this. I am not paying $8 hear someone's conversation and miss the dialogue in the movie. Because you know that person on the phone is talking over the movie so they can hear themselves talk.

3) The women who has the biggest SUV ever made and doesn't know how to drive it. Makes me laugh everytime I watch them try to park the car or back out of a parking spot. For the love of hockey, buy a car that you can actually drive.

Mine is when I say hello to a co-worker and they do not repond

and they look right through you like you have 10 heads

Also I cant stand when you are trying to back out of a busy

driveway and the cars dont let you out when 30 feet past your driveway

there is a red light.

1) People who don't use their turn signals. People who drive too slow. If someone is riding your tail, move to the next lane if you can and let them pass.

2) Close-minded people and fake people. Also people who call others hypocrites. They usually are ones' themselves.

3) People who judge others when they are in no position to in the first place. Come on people, to each their own. Let people live how they want to. You live your life, let them live theirs. Nobody was put here to make everyone happy. If you are happy with your life, thats what matters most. They are probably content to how they are too. Doesn't make them wrong.

4) Blue-tooth, enough said!

5) If you are going to use a cell phone in public, please be discrete about it. Everybody else around you shouldn't have to hear your conversation.

6) And if you use your cell phone, be respectful if you are wanting others to help on you and put your phone away. I'm sure the waiters, tellers, check out people, etc would really appriciate it.

7) Not everyone is/was an English major. There are going to be misspellings but we all should know how to use upper case letters and when. Its not that hard to write a correct sentence. And with that note, some people have broader vocabularies than others and they are aloud to use it if they want to.

8) Just because someone is not like you does not mean they are any less special.

9) Election time, enough said there too!

This is suppose to be a country where we are aloud free speech and aloud to be different. Some people need to learn to except and respect that. :D

When people don't know the difference between are and our, you're and your, their there and they're and too and to.

Like Hoyle said, people who try to ruin what other people believe because they believe something else.

When people ask questions they could easily find the answer to on google.

Politics in general, I can't really stand them.

Condensed version! :lol:

Gotta go with people that snore
my first roommate in college snored so bad he sounded like a terradactyl, it drove me nuts... best solution was to either go to sleep before he did or after he woke up, either option suitable for college life though ;)

My Space in general.

When people don't know the difference between are and our, you're and your, their there and they're and too and to.

When people type over the text they quote.

Like everyone else, people talking on their cellphones extremely loud and just at the wrong times.

Like Hoyle said, people who try to ruin what other people believe because they believe something else.

When people ask questions they could easily find the answer to on google.

Hypocrites.

When people break their word.

When you say hi to someone or try to talk to someone and they just walk away and/or ignore you.

People who criticize hockey, especially when they are fans of UFC or something like that.

When people have bad hygiene and/or no manners.

The phrase "If you will".

Politics in general, I can't really stand them.

People who criticize things when they have no idea what they're talking about.

Negative/pessimistic people.

Does anyone else see the irony in this???????????

Does anyone else see the irony in this???????????

Wow, I didn't realize how much I ended up posting! Well we're all guilty of doing things that we say annoy us, I guess I'm no exception! :lol: