The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Worst pet peeve?

Oh I forgot another pet peeve that really really grates on my last nerve

Gum on the ground My daughter constantly throws hers out and I get on her for doing so. The other day she stepped in some gum and I wouldn't shut up about that being her payback.

... Gum on the ground My daughter constantly throws hers out and I get on her for doing so. The other day she stepped in some gum and I wouldn't shut up about that being her payback.

"Gummy" sidewalks are nasty. That's why I always watch wherever I walk.

Jan/GSBG

Don't you mean large groups of teenagers :lol:

No, CM.

I mean an extended family: two parents, a grandparent, and three little kids. They walk to the store because they don't have the money for a car, or for car insurance. Since groups like this usually fall way below the poverty line, getting a pack of gum is the biggest financial splurge they can handle. Then again, once I realize how tough their lives are, my exasperation quickly turns to sadness for them.

Jan/GSBG

Oh thats not what I was anticipating, I know me and my friends go into stores all the time and usually only 1 or 2 of us get a drink or something.

Yeah, CM, it's a totally different situation than what you thought. (Whenever I see teens at a grocery store in my area, there are usually only two or three together. Not only are they quiet, they never fail to treat me well. Don't ask why, because I'm a curmudgeon! ;) )

Here's another pet peeve: drivers waiting at least 15 seconds at a green left-turn arrow before they move. :angry:

Jan/GSBG

Email that end with "please advise" and "Let me know".

First of all, who says "please advise" in real life other than Sally the Time Life Operator?

Second, why would you ask a question, then say, "let me know"? Like I'm not going to answer the question without that last command?

Just ask the question, period.

Email that end with "please advise" and "Let me know".

First of all, who says "please advise" in real life other than Sally the Time Life Operator?

Second, why would you ask a question, then say, "let me know"? Like I'm not going to answer the question without that last command?

Just ask the question, period.

"Let me know" seems like an innocent enough way to close but the "please advise" sounds a telegraph or something. I agree, no human would talk like that and it is very annoying.

Going back to the first page of this and the whole taking two spots and people parking their new cars like that. I got my new car and still do this sometimes i park it out in the parking lot not close for one. If I caught someone putting a grocery cart near my lincoln or parking their car purposefully close to my car. I would take that cart and ram your car with it. Thats just not respectful. Pisses me off people that open their car doors and hit yours and act like nothing happened or who have no regard for your personal property just because its better or worth more. I took down a guys insurance and license for hitting my car door one time and had that pay for the touch up job on my car. I take my time to make sure i dont hit your car or your personal property regardless of its condition. (it could be an old school pinto). I take pride in my car, and my property and don't need someone throwing a hissy and finding a way to cause damage. *end rant* rawr.

... I got my new car and still do this sometimes i park it out in the parking lot not close for one. If I caught someone putting a grocery cart near my lincoln or parking their car purposefully close to my car. I would take that cart and ram your car with it. Thats just not respectful. Pisses me off people that open their car doors and hit yours and act like nothing happened or who have no regard for your personal property just because its better or worth more. I took down a guys insurance and license for hitting my car door one time and had that pay for the touch up job on my car. I take my time to make sure i dont hit your car or your personal property regardless of its condition. (it could be an old school pinto). I take pride in my car, and my property and don't need someone throwing a hissy and finding a way to cause damage. *end rant* rawr.

I understand totally how you feel, Saturn. From the first day I got my Toyota Tercel two-door couple in September 1996, I've been more than upset at those who've been thoughtless enought to open their car door onto my car. (Like you, I have no issues at all about parking a distance away from an entrance, so as to avoid jerks like that.) Because I've taken such care of my vehicle, it looks so good 12 years later that Mr. GSBG justed described it as "a peach." ;)

Here's another: Late mail delivery (try 5 p.m.).

Jan/GSBG

Guys, I think the message here is if you don't like people putting things near your car, parking near your car and such, don't park like an idiot or a jerk.

I think you're an idiot when you take up two spaces. Park normally and I could care less what you drive.

Rofl going along with that hoyle.... people that talk with internet abbreviations irl... was talking to a girl at a bar and asked her a question and she responded "idk" and i just walked away ><.

Guys, I think the message here is if you don't like people putting things near your car, parking near your car and such, don't park like an idiot or a jerk.

I think you're an idiot when you take up two spaces. Park normally and I could care less what you drive.

Sometimes I park my car RIGHT next to their driver side door... only if they've parked in 2 spaces and I can park on their driver side though. You come into this space, it's mine (or whoever elses buddy). Not like I care if he trys opening the door and banging it a few times. I have BITE marks in my car.

Yeah, it's that tough. ;)

14. People who always want to back into parking spots. If you back into a spot and then look at your car and it looks like a 5 year old parked it, don't back in anymore.

15. I just bought a new car, so I park it far away in the parking lot. I hate when someone parks next to me when there are no cars for 20 spaces.

16. Parents that can't control their kids. If I would have done some of the stuff these kids do now my Mom would have spanked my butt. BTW, I am only 35.

17. People that think a little spanking is child abuse.

14. People who always want to back into parking spots. If you back into a spot and then look at your car and it looks like a 5 year old parked it, don't back in anymore.

15. I just bought a new car, so I park it far away in the parking lot. I hate when someone parks next to me when there are no cars for 20 spaces.

16. Parents that can't control their kids. If I would have done some of the stuff these kids do now my Mom would have spanked my butt. BTW, I am only 35.

While I agree with it most of the time, the chance the child is ADD/ADHD/PDD can be insane. That doesn't mean feel sorry for them and let them do whatever, but sometimes they do get out there, which sometimes can be corrected.

17. People that think a little spanking is child abuse.

Let's just hope a little spanking stays that way, and doesn't escalate into anything else (not saying anyone here would, but who knows with people today, ya know?)

people that take young children into R rated movies, and because its a loud violent movie the child begins to cry or make noise.

the fact that i cant afford a dodge viper, ferrari f430, audi r8, lamborghini gallardo, saleen s7, or an aston martin dbs

people that cant socialize without having to drink some sort of alcohol

smoking in a restaurant

high cost of food at the rbc center for such mediocre quality

girls that expect guys to spend alot of money on them when dating

the fact that our language is getting abbreviated so much. (what ever happened to proper english?)

people that disagree with you just to start an argument

1)people that take young children into R rated movies, and because its a loud violent movie the child begins to cry or make noise.

2)the fact that i cant afford a dodge viper, ferrari f430, audi r8, lamborghini gallardo, saleen s7, or an aston martin dbs

3)people that cant socialize without having to drink some sort of alcohol

4)smoking in a restaurant

5)high cost of food at the rbc center for such mediocre quality

6)girls that expect guys to spend alot of money on them when dating

7)the fact that our language is getting abbreviated so much. (what ever happened to proper english?)

8)people that disagree with you just to start an argument

Well #1 i can't say much about it, although when your taking 12 year olds into those movies you have a problem, maybe they should lower that age to 16 no? ;)

2) Well I'm still in High School, can't really say that since i don't have a Full Time job.. Well i recently bought a Nissan 350Z 2007, :o And right now im saving up for a Dirt Bike so i don't have to use my Car for everything and to save gas too! :)

3) :rolleyes: My lips are sealed.. Somewhat agree..

4) If they want to smoke let them smoke.. but not right beside all the people..

5)Meh.. I like the food at the RBC, and you can't really be angry at the prices.. If you ever been in So Cal for any event and they sold food or Drinks you would be amazed..

6) I thought it used to be like that, but i was wrong.. well in my experience.. My girl doesn't expect me to waste loads of money on her.. but off course always be a Gentleman and Respect her, and even if you have to pay for dinner ;)

7):huh: ?

8)Depends on what issue it is..

:rolleyes:

6) I thought it used to be like that, but i was wrong.. well in my experience.. My girl doesn't expect me to waste loads of money on her.. but off course always be a Gentleman and Respect her, and even if you have to pay for dinner ;)

Wait until you get older. It gets worse.