The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Worst pet peeve?

It means an engadgement ring for one.

"Look at this purty sparkly thing to show everyone I PLAN on getting married to this fella!!!"

Plus houses, minivans, pets, children... ugh, the list goes on. ;)

:lol:

:unsure:

100$ + ?

i hope not.. is that what you mean?

lol.

i mean hard money for every date PLUS ridiculous emotional attachment. "call me every second. <3 you"

eeeek. however, the flipside is the more you give the more you get--at least you expect more.

it's complicated. just enjoy the present times.

Rofl going along with that hoyle.... people that talk with internet abbreviations irl... was talking to a girl at a bar and asked her a question and she responded "idk" and i just walked away ><.

If she says "I dunno" more than three times within the conversation, it usually means she's used to the guy holding her hand through her relationships.

At least that's the vibe I get.

It means an engadgement ring for one.

"Look at this purty sparkly thing to show everyone I PLAN on getting married to this fella!!!"

Plus houses, minivans, pets, children... ugh, the list goes on. ;)

I always thought diamonds were a girl's version of a p---s measuring contest.

I always thought diamonds were a girl's version of a p---s measuring contest.

That's one of the best things I've ever read. Here, on a message board, in a book, ANYWHERE.

Oh, and to change the subject: PRICE GOUGING!! I don't care, you said the gas in the ground was 3.47 this morning, it's not suddenly 3.81 six hours later. SAME GAS!

Hey.. place across the street from us jumped from 3.64 to 3.99 over night and Ike hasnt even hit yet... and they said on the news stores are limiting customers to 10 gallons. They are "creating" a percieved shortage to jack the prices up.

*edit* Just went out and now its up to 4.29. My fiance called me to tell me to get gas now cause she saw it at 4.79, and she said the BJ's at Brier Creek was completely out of gas. Absolutely crazy.

Not to take this off topic, but the price of oil has a lot to do with the progress in developing nations. As third world countries start to grow, their demand for oil goes up and so do the gas prices.

Not to take this off topic, but the price of oil has a lot to do with the progress in developing nations. As third world countries start to grow, their demand for oil goes up and so do the gas prices.

Price of a barrel of oil fell today.

I know it did this with Katrina (when I was living in Greensboro it went above 3.00 for the first time) but that was AFTER it hit, and all the rigs were damaged and the refineries were closed and shut down. This is just crazy, like the are trying to pre-prepare for a shortage that may or may not happen. If this storm ends up not doing much damage, then there will be a lot of explaining to do... the sad thing is is I doubt there is anything anyone (civilian or government) who can do anything about it. We all still have to go to school and work etc and the demand will still be high.

Stupid people in general, but that's probably too broad. I won't continue that thought in fear of irritating others.

First thing that comes to mind on a question like this is toilet paper. It comes over the top, people. Putting it on the other way is just not proper. If I go into someone else's house, and the toilet paper is not on the roll as such, I will fix it for them.

I've got to say I am a TP from the back person...

Oh and people with bad teeth drive me nuts...I can understand if you don't have the money/insurance to go to a dentist...but famous rich people who do have the money sometimes seem to do nothing about it! fix your chiclets people!

Smokers too.....mmmmm do those cancer causing carcinogens feel good rolling through your lungs?

My #1 Pet Peeve at all times is people on a message board passing judgement on things they don't know the ins and outs of. We weren't there, or we wouldn't be discussing it here on the message board and speculating. And then we take it into our heads that we know better than anyone else. We don't. Which is why we are on message boards and others get paid the big bucks to make the decisions we second guess every day.

Maybe, it also covers "no dissent allowed" administrators.

From this, I can only assume that you thought I was talking about you in my above post. That's kind of funny, because I wasn't, nor do I take the internet seriously. At all.

In fact, I hadn't even read your comment until after you replied. The funny thing is, I wasn't even talking about injured players, I was talking about trades. And it's been my pet peeve going back to the J.J. deal.

Maybe I'm not the one who needs to take the internet less seriously.

I've been accused of worse. However, this board is here precisely as a repository for fans to talk about the team, in all it's glory and not so glorious moments. The vast majority of posters here are respectful, and post their OPINIONS and occasionally offer GUESSES about the goings on of the team: players, mgmt, trades, in the system, off-topic, etc. Only once have I seen someone be vicious, and they are no longer here. But, posting opinions and have discussions about the team does in fact necessitate passing judgment. We pass judgment on the good things....."samsanov a stellar pickup" and the bad ..."JR trading JJ". We pass judgments on the people we work with and come in contact with, with political figures and leaders............this is just an extension of that, in my opinion.

seeing a blank jersey is a small pet peeve of mine. commit to a player, it will not kill you. (just a side note, saving for an authentic 3rd jersey with brindy on it.)

Some people want to root for their team but don't want to jinx a certain player(trade) when they put their name on the back of the jersey. My son has 4 football jerseys and won't wear them when they player gets traded. That gets to be expensive.

I have a friend that has bought two different players jerseys and both players ended up getting traded.

Would you wear the jersey still if the player got traded?