The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Worst pet peeve?

Would you wear the jersey still if the player got traded?

yes i would. i have a bertuzzi jersey when he was on the canucks that i wear proudly. i also have an ulf samuelsson jersey when he won the cup in 1991 with the pens, and i wear that jersey religiously.

This one gets on my nerves too... I attended NC State, and my sister went to UNC, so i EXPECT some ribbing from her, and I don't mind it when she gives me a hard time. I throw it right back at her. Nothing makes me more upset then some damn fool in New York or California wearing a UNC hat, or Jordan jersey or something like that and they dont even know where North Carolina even IS, all they know is they were in the final four.. or won the championship that year... Why do they even sell UNC hats in California? (Yeah.. I know I know.. because they sell.... *sigh*)

Another thing that drives me nuts is guys on State's campus wearing UNC hats... I mean, I understand if your a fan, and your whole family went there, but your a State student.. if you refuse to wear a State hat then don't wear anything. (This is very rampant among the frat row denizens)...

I understand some people may be fans of the team, and didnt go there and thats fine.. but when your walking in the mall and some bratty *edit* teenager, who is too young to be a college student yells at you "HEY *insert team name here* SUCKS!!!" thats when you should be justified in punching them in the fast. Also you have the blue collar, car mechanic types, which not to say thats a bad thing, but you have a pretty good feeling they didnt attend any college...

At least the good thing i've noticed in my years at State, State has very few bandwagon/fair weather fans... Yes, you can argue that the reason for that is we havent won a championship since 83... but I dont care. Nearly everyone I see wearing a State hat (even if I'm somewhere like Savannah georgia) is a State student, State Alum, State Parent, or child of a State Alum.

A lot of my other pet peeves have already been mentioned.. on the phone in line at a restaurant... standing next to you in a store/elevator/bus mysteriously talking to themselves (bluetooth)... I do answer my phone if i'm sitting in a resaurant and this is what I say "Hey.. I'm at *wherever* eating dinner right now.. lemme call you back"....heres one thats sort of a combination of several. Woman who takes 25 minutes to unlock her escalade door because she is unwilling to put down her phone, her latte, her purse, her shopping bag, etc... so she tucks the phone on her shoulder, rests the coffee in the crook of her elbow, slips 3 bags over her other arm.. and then curses loudly when she drops her keys on the ground.

Heres one that happened yesterday... elderly woman... no make that ancient... driving an enormous lincoln through the wal mart parking lot at 1 mile an hour... drives around to the front.. stops RIGHT in front of the door (in the fire lane)... opens her door (and the car is rolling backwards because grandma didnt put it in park)... finally stops the car and gets out to do her shopping..... whenever people do this it makes me want to slash their tires, bash in their windshields or call a tow truck (who would never make it in time)... Oh.. and along those same lines, I hate it when I see someone pull up in a 7 series BMW jacked up on 27 inch rims, pull into a handicap spot, throw up the placard.. and then a 17 year old kid jumps out and runs full speed into the store.... obviously this person is not handicapped... and yet a friend of mine that i used to hang out with who has to permanently use crutchs and drive her car with hand controls has to park 2 miles away because of this idiot. Those are times I wish I was a cop so I could write the guy a ticket and tow his butt... but alas... cops dont enforce those, the system is totally corrupt... and technically since he had the placard he's not parking illegally...so nothing you can do.

I know this post was a long time ago but my son is a car mechanic and went to Universal Technical Institute after high school. They have campuses in Exton, Pennsylvania(where he went), Orlando, Houston, I believe North Carolina, to specialize in Nascar, Phoenix, just to name a few. But who is supposed to work on your car if they are not trained properly. Cars are so complex nowadays that they need to know a lot more now than they did in years past. His friend went to Orlando for 6 months more of schooling just to specialize in working on BMW's. He now works at a BMW dealership and makes great money.

Oh, and my son LOVES the Florida Gators and never went there and doesn't know anyone who did. It must be that national coverage of teams that gets them to be fans.

Actually Cardiac Cane, It is illegal to not use a blinker. Not that it's ever enforced.

And that is a pet peeve of mine to, but even worse are the people who put it on while they're turning. It shows they thought of it but completely forgot the entire reason behind it, and you know that they think they're doing it correctly and perhaps ranting about others who don't use them.

It's back and forth about turn signals. It was not illegal here in FL for a while. I don't know if it's still the case, but you could go to other lanes without using your blinker. But hey, who knows what and why half the time...

This horrible economic downturn/recession/depression: It's making me feel really down about the future. :(

1) Teenagers and their entire existence.

Well, I was one myself three decades ago, so I just can't bring myself to rip 'em. Still, fa, I see your side.

Jan/GSBG