The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Well if they do get another reliever I hope he works out a heck of alot better than Eric Gagne did last season. Boy what a nightmare that was.

:o We dont speak that name.

J/K ;)

Stupid pitcher. Facing off against a struggling Manny and he throws four good foul-pitches...then gives him one RIGHT over the plate.

COME ON!

Good defensive game though between the Twins and the BoSox tonite.

Stupid pitcher. Facing off against a struggling Manny and he throws four good foul-pitches...then gives him one RIGHT over the plate.

COME ON!

Good defensive game though between the Twins and the BoSox tonite.

Did Manny really just hustle to get into third???

Did Manny really just hustle to get into third???

Yea it looked like pure relief took over mid-way through :lol:

But that was easy for him...right over the plate. Now comes our bottom-third lineup against one of the game's best closers...

:(

Argh...best hitting team in baseball when it comes to hitting with RISP and yet we went 0 for 9 tonite.

Oh well...we're still on a hot streak and can take the other two games. Just need Boston to keep struggling.

;)

Argh...best hitting team in baseball when it comes to hitting with RISP and yet we went 0 for 9 tonite.

Oh well...we're still on a hot streak and can take the other two games. Just need Boston to keep struggling.

;)

Please, no more struggles. :angry:

That was a good game, glad to see Pap look like Pap and what a game from Youk.

Lugo still must go.

Please, no more struggles. :angry:

That was a good game, glad to see Pap look like Pap and what a game from Youk.

Lugo still must go.

Every good team needs a downfall. Lugo is yours. The rest of the AL needs him to be there.

:P

Every good team needs a downfall. Lugo is yours. The rest of the AL needs him to be there.

:P

Downfall is an understatement. <_<

Dice K finally went longer than 5!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! ;)

I'm really hoping Oki is back. He's looked pretty good in his last few outings. Also I had heard sometime towards the end of last season that the Sox long term plan for Masterson was for him to be a reliever. Something about this delivery/pitch type/etc. Buchholz is apparently tearing it up at AAA though, really glad to have him back, hopefully he can use his fastball a little better this time around.

Dice K finally went longer than 5!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! ;)

I'm really hoping Oki is back. He's looked pretty good in his last few outings. Also I had heard sometime towards the end of last season that the Sox long term plan for Masterson was for him to be a reliever. Something about this delivery/pitch type/etc. Buchholz is apparently tearing it up at AAA though, really glad to have him back, hopefully he can use his fastball a little better this time around.

I heard the announcers say something like that too. I guess I got it wrong earlier, Bucholtz will go back into the rotation and Masterson will maybe pitch the 8th. I know they're desperate for 8th inning reliever but Masterson has been great as a starter. Thank goodness I dont make any of these decisions.

I heard the announcers say something like that too. I guess I got it wrong earlier, Bucholtz will go back into the rotation and Masterson will maybe pitch the 8th. I know they're desperate for 8th inning reliever but Masterson has been great as a starter. Thank goodness I dont make any of these decisions.

I like the move, it will stabile the bullpen, which has been the teams downfall.

Bucholtz hopefully is healthy to do well again.

and btw that blue and white team had a one hitter tonight and is tied for first place

in a putrid NL West. Two shutouts for my fav teams in one night :)

I like the move, I think it stablizes the bullpen, which now has been the teams downfall.

and dont look now that blue and white team pitched a one hitter tonight

and it tied for first in the putrid NL West

two shutouts by my 2 fav teams in one night B)

That road trip felt like it lasted about a month. Good to be home and good to get a win, even if we're still not hitting worth a damn.

That road trip felt like it lasted about a month. Good to be home and good to get a win, even if we're still not hitting worth a damn.

and Varitek another o four yikes :unsure:

I think Fenway will bring out the best in the Sox. IMO They will hit soon.

Well let's have them wait and do it against somebody else. My Twins are playing too well to suffer a series loss against the defending world champions.
The Twins are a perfect team to start a winning streak against :P

?!?!?!?!?! Oh man, Oakland fans have to HATE their GM. Is it still Bean, or Beane or whatever??? He traded the Big 3 of Hudson and Mulder, which left just Barry Zito. He skipped town, and had a new trio. Harden, Haren and Blanton. 2 out of those 3 are gone. In a few years, I wouldn't be surprised to see Blanton gone.

It's like Sox fans seeing their best pitchers traded away all the time, or us Yanks for that matter ;)

Cubs HAVE to be a favorite into the playoffs now.. Harden's been good this season imo. I know going to NL is different, but we'll see..

Edit: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=a...n&type=lgns is an interesting article about once you leave Oakland, you aren't the same...

UGH!!! Are you kidding me?? 1 out, man on 3rd and Kubel couldn't get a freaking pop fly SOMEWHERE in the outfield?!?!?!

Another one-run loss. This time we actually had the lead...3 runs no less. And our bullpen failed...again. So unlikely...only against the BoSox I guess.

NOBODY LIKES YOU ANYMORE MANNY...PFFFFFT!

Another one-run loss. This time we actually had the lead...3 runs no less. And our bullpen failed...again. So unlikely...only against the BoSox I guess.

NOBODY LIKES YOU ANYMORE MANNY...PFFFFFT!

We do...most of the time...sort of ;)