The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

We do...most of the time...sort of ;)

yea if I was a BoSox fan I'd like Manny for his hitting (obviously)...but wouldn't like him for his antics. I mean whatever works though. I guess lol.

I've actually always liked Manny's antics for the most part, but this season it isn't the antics that are getting me. It is that he just looks like he gives away ABs at times. Pedro used to pull the same sort of stuff and he was my favorite Red Sox player until he left, but Pedro ALWAYS competed to the best of his ability. Maybe getting back to Fenway has sparked Manny again, I don't know, but it is good to see him look like he's caring again.

18-5. As usual, the Twins just can't get it done against the best teams, not even when they're slumping. Twins are a good team, just not on the top level like the BoSox. It showed in this series. Twins couldn've easily taken two from the BoSox...yet they get swept instead.

18-5. As usual, the Twins just can't get it done against the best teams, not even when they're slumping. Twins are a good team, just not on the top level like the BoSox. It showed in this series. Twins couldn've easily taken two from the BoSox...yet they get swept instead.

Sorry FA, but the Red Sox really needed that. Especially Tek, when he's hitting the ball, good things are bound to happen.

Only 2 games back now..... Rays have an ugly schedule come September so they're gonna have to create a little more space between them and the Sox of they want to take the division. Looks like their closer is gone for awhile and it'll be interesting to see if youth catches up with them the second half. Its a looooooooong season and they'll need something left in the tank for October. They've been pretty impressive so far though.

I think Fenway will bring out the best in the Sox. IMO They will hit soon.

Maybe i was a prophet :P

and D Lowe for my Dodgers had a perfect game thru 6 and gave up only

1 hit. Not bad and tied for first in the worst div in baseball..

You are hereby banned from the "Weekly Trivia Question" segment of the board.

;)

But he's more than welcome in this thread as long as keeps predicting the Sox will hit the ball. ;)

But he's more than welcome in this thread as long as keeps predicting the Sox will hit the ball. ;)

As long as he predicts good things for the Twins then I'm game.

:lol:

Maybe I should enlist his fortune-telling services too :P

BTW, I've known Denard Span since his days with the Miracle here. GREAT GREAT guy, kid. He, I believe has some of the fastest feet in the biz, and I hope he does wonders in the big leagues. I think defensively he is going to be great (minus that fake triple play ;) ) . Someone I wish the Yankees have.

I love it when the Sox don't even have to play and get to pick up ground on the Rays and get more separation from the Yanks. ;)

I can't wait to see what Buchholz does tomorrow, only problem is that O's games are blacked on Extra Innings because we are technically in 'O's Country'. I really want MASN.

I'm starting to see my old rays coming back! we havent played much like a team in the middle of this 4 game slide, hopefully we can start putting some numbers on the board

I'm starting to see my old rays coming back! we havent played much like a team in the middle of this 4 game slide, hopefully we can start putting some numbers on the board

Let downs happen, they'll pick it up again. But hopefully not till the Red Sox get a nice lead in the division ;) .

HEY!!! :mad:

It's on like Donkey Kong now! I'll make sure Giambi and his 'stache and leopard thong take out their frustrations on the Rays (maybe the Sox too please, pretty please with sprinkles, whip cream, hot fudge, and a cherry on top???)

New rap song for Red Sox Nation:

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/2008/07/r...ap_music_v.html[/post]

Sorry, this has nothing on the Drop Kick Murphy's and Neil Diamond. :rolleyes:

Evan Longoria will be in the homerun derby, he seems like a good kid enjoying success right now.

http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/news/article....jsp&c_id=tb

That was awsome TSA. I loved it. Thanks for sharing that.

Arod chose not to goto the Homerun derby. 2 reasons

1. Players say it does drain you somewhat, so he probably wants to stay somewhat refreshed for the remainder of the season...

2.. He doesn't want to be a .... Pre-MADONNA! BADDA BING!

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here until Monday night! Try theveal.. ;)

That was good :lol:

Hahaha, post of the week.

He's too busy livin' in the material world.....ok, not as good.

Arod chose not to goto the Homerun derby. 2 reasons

1. Players say it does drain you somewhat, so he probably wants to stay somewhat refreshed for the remainder of the season...