The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=702937&BCCode=BNSPORTS&newsdate=7/11/2008' target="_blank">http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...sdate=7/11/2008[/post]

Did any of you guys see this? Saw highlights of it on ESPNnews lastnight and got a kick out of it.

LOL, I saw that on ESPN too. I especially liked the arm pit thing. :lol:

BTW, 100 pages and still going strong....

Yeah, I saw that. Reminded me (also looked like) the last minor league manager that threw the sand bag for pitchers as a grenade. THAT made me laugh.. :lol:

Also, if anyone has ever tried watching one of their games and it's telecasted from Asia? Game is in English, but the commercials are in .... some Asian language. I think Taiwainesse. Anyway, some of those commercials do make me laugh..

BTW.... Halladay is killin' my Yanks.. thank goodness only 2-0.. Joba is coming through tho... just no run support.

Man... 2 hitter for Halladay. Yanks better get something going.. they were so worried about their defense/pitching, that now it's their offense that's in trouble.

Lugo's injured, am I a bad person for being happy that Jed Lowrie could be our new SS?

Get well Lugo...but not too soon. *runs to confession*

I didn't watch the game tonight, but some guys on the Sox message board thing are saying that they think Lowrie's back also. Lowrie looks more like a 2B guy to me, not so much a SS. He did well his last time up here, but he's not been doing to hot since he went back down. I wish the White Sox were doing poorly....hello Orlando Cabrera anyone?? :P

BTW, I've known Denard Span since his days with the Miracle here. GREAT GREAT guy, kid. He, I believe has some of the fastest feet in the biz, and I hope he does wonders in the big leagues. I think defensively he is going to be great (minus that fake triple play ;) ) . Someone I wish the Yankees have.

Ya know he's such a new guy that I still haven't learned much about him. Nice info though...he's currently hitting .454 so yeah it's working out so far.

I wish the White Sox were doing poorly....hello Orlando Cabrera anyone?? :P

Awww, dont tease me. :(

Since I can't brag about the Jays...I can brag about the best starter arguably in the league.

His domination of the Yankees Friday night, gave him his 7 Complete games so far this year. To know how ridiculous that stat is, look at teams combined complete games by a pitcher, Indians are 2nd bes tin the majors with 6, Halladay alone, has more complete games than any pitching staff combined.

Now that my rant is over, i'm really enjoying seeing the Rays and Sox go at it, rays starting to slip, and back to back loses to the lowly Indians don't help. Boston did great against the Twins, but Baltimore has this underrated offensive team with great speed, not easy to put away. No more gimmie wins in this division.

Sinc eI can't brga about the Jays...I can brag about the bes tstarter arguably in the league.

His domination of the Yankees Friday night, gave him his 7 Complete games so far this year. To know how ridiculous that stat is, look at teams combined complete games by a pitcher, Indians are 2nd bes tin the majors with 6, Halladay alone, has more complete games than any pitching staff combined.

Now that my rant is over, i'm really enjoying seeing the Rays and Sox go at it, rays starting to slip, and back to back loses to the lowly Indians don't help. Boston did great against the Twins, but Baltimore has this underrated offensive team with great speed, not easy to put away. No more gimmie wins in this division.

If Halladay wasn't in the same division as the Sox, he'd be my favorite pitcher in the game right now. Dude's a throwback, a horse.

:(

There was just an article earlier (I dunno if I posted it) about an Olympic swimmer I believe, who just found it he has cancer... showed other athletes who have cancer... Lester, Joe Torre, and one of the last people shown was Murcer. He'll be missed...

On a side note... just when the Yanks win, so do the Sox... sorry Tampa.

Looks like Tampa has run into their first clash with some adversity, and the Allstar break is coming at a good time for them. If they rebound quickly, it'll come down to the wire with them having a good chance of not only making the playoffs, but taking the division. If they struggle trying to rebound, it'll be interesting to see what happens heading down the stretch. As always, the Yankees can never be counted out but its a heck of a lot more interesting now that the Rays are in it too.

Hard to believe that over half the season is over. :o

Looks like Tampa has run into their first clash with some adversity, and the Allstar break is coming at a good time for them. If they rebound quickly, it'll come down to the wire with them having a good chance of not only making the playoffs, but taking the division. If they struggle trying to rebound, it'll be interesting to see what happens heading down the stretch. As always, the Yankees can never be counted out but its a heck of a lot more interesting now that the Rays are in it too.

Hard to believe that over half the season is over. :o

I still think Tampa will be in the mix all season. Too good of pitching not to.

Glad the Sox are hitting again. Boy Fenway makes a huge difference to their

offense and not that i am glad of an injury, but no Lugo for awhile

will help definatley defensively and offensively.

Wake is having a very good quiet year. His record is not good

as they seem to not score for him on the road, but he has impressed 8 of

his last nine starts 7 IP at least and no more than 3 ER.

the bullpen (delcarman and hansen) have messe up royally.

He should be 9-5 at least.

also on the Cubs, boy was Rich Harden impressive. too bad they blew the

game for him. I gotta a feeling that this is like the 04 Sox for Chicago

and my long suffering uncle deserves a World Series win. I pray he gets one

and the Dodgers are just dreadful as hitters, it is sad they waste such good

pitching with a pathetic offense. Ned Coletti make a trade, bring in a bat

any bat that can hit.

lastly C23 the Yanks are looking better and I feel will be in the mix all season long

Let's hope Med.

Edit: BTW, I got the 100th page and 2000th reply :o

Now what are those lotto numbers??? :P

All is well in the world....

Dice-K is now 10-1, the bull pen didn't implode, the Red Sox are 1st in the division and Lugo is out for 6 weeks.

All is well in the world....

Dice-K is now 10-1, the bull pen didn't implode, the Red Sox are 1st in the division and Lugo is out for 6 weeks.

Nice to be back in first aint it :P