The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Yanks won. Good. 4.5/ to 4 games behind sox, tied in Wild card. Schilling vs Weaver, that'll be interesting. Schillings been kooky since coming back (meaning some good some bad) and Weavers a surprise every time he goes up there.

How about Micah Owings? Get a load of his line for the night-the D-Backs better be buying his dinner after what he did. He went 4-for-5 with a double, two home runs, and six RBI, while throwing seven innings of three-hit ball, allowing just three runs (all solo home runs), and striking out seven.

Yeah, Yanks wanted him when they traded Johnson back, but Arizona wasn't budging (rightfully so with his potential). We got Bruney and Vizcaino.. not bad for an aging Johnson. Wang vs Bonderman today, 2-0 Yanks so far, and Tavarez vs Saunders in Sox/Angels matchup. How's Tavarez for you guys as a starter? I know I couldn't stand him as a reliever with St. Louis, hate the guy cause he was such an arrogant jack***.

Tom. Night... Yanks/Hughes vs Angels/Mosely and Sox/Wakefield vs Rays/Kazmir. I'm hoping we can overcome the Angels in the outfield, and Kaz stays pretty well against the Sox.

Hell of a game today for Johan Santana...17 K in 8 IP.

Meanwhile, the Yankees bullpen is all of a sudden looking very good...Joba Chamberlain did it again, and Edwar Rameriez came in and bent the Tigers with his curveball for the save, the two combining for 3 IP, 5 K, 0 H, and 0 BB in relief of Chien-Ming Wang, who is now tied for 3rd in the AL with 14 wins. The Red Sox lead is down to a slim 4 games in the East, and with six games between the two teams, it may not be long before we see the AL East as it has been for the last decade: the Yankees on top and the Sox wondering where it all went wrong.

No joke man. I saw his 1st SO on gamecast, then when i looked again, he ad 14! 17k's is sick... I didn't even play him today on my fantasy team because i forgot to start him in time! Oh well, I still won 11-4 anyways :)

As for tomorrow, it should be a good match up with Wakefield/Kazmir. You all know Kazmier has been good against the Sox and Wakefield is always good against the Rays. I figure this will be another low scoring game and I expect to see the Sox win because of the Ray's bullpen. Only way the Rays will win is if they rack up a lot of runs against Tim, but I don't see that happening.

No joke man. I saw his 1st SO on gamecast, then when i looked again, he ad 14! 17k's is sick... I didn't even play him today on my fantasy team because i forgot to start him in time! Oh well, I still won 11-4 anyways :)

As for tomorrow, it should be a good match up with Wakefield/Kazmir. You all know Kazmier has been good against the Sox and Wakefield is always good against the Rays. I figure this will be another low scoring game and I expect to see the Sox win because of the Ray's bullpen. Only way the Rays will win is if they rack up a lot of runs against Tim, but I don't see that happening.

Sorry (but not really) Lightningbug, it didn't happen last night for the Rays. Thankfully, Kazmir just couldn't get into any kind of rhythm . Lester really needs a win tonight.

*Sox aquire Chris Carter to finalize the Willie Mo trade, he'll be in Pawtucket. Bobby Kielty seems to be a good addition, even without his Mike Commodore afro.

Sorry (but not really) Lightningbug, it didn't happen last night for the Rays. Thankfully, Kazmir just couldn't get into any kind of rhythm . Lester really needs a win tonight.

*Sox aquire Chris Carter to finalize the Willie Mo trade, he'll be in Pawtucket. Bobby Kielty seems to be a good addition, even without his Mike Commodore afro.

Didn't see the whole game last night, but it looked like Cash did fine catching Wake.

Good to know we've got Chris Carter in case we need a wide receiver.

Didn't see the whole game last night, but it looked like Cash did fine catching Wake.

I wouldn't say Cash did fine catching Wake but given the options, he'll work. As for Carter, with Randy Moss out for the Pats right now, maybe Carter wouldn't mind hanging around Boston just in case.....

I wouldn't say Cash did fine catching Wake but given the options, he'll work. As for Carter, with Randy Moss out for the Pats right now, maybe Carter wouldn't mind hanging around Boston just in case.....

The game last night was pretty good. Lester gave up 5 runs, but he was really getting squeezed by the Home Plate Umpire. Then the HR that Akinori hit was when he just hacked at the ball and it carried ridiculously far into RF. Anyway, the offense is finally showing up and now the Sox get to feast on CWS pitching and then they just got their rotation, Dice K, Beckett, Schill, lined up for the series in the Bronx.

The game last night was pretty good. Lester gave up 5 runs, but he was really getting squeezed by the Home Plate Umpire. Then the HR that Akinori hit was when he just hacked at the ball and it carried ridiculously far into RF. Anyway, the offense is finally showing up and now the Sox get to feast on CWS pitching and then they just got their rotation, Dice K, Beckett, Schill, lined up for the series in the Bronx.

I think the D-Rays were just what we needed after a tough stretch. I'm feeling optomistic about Gagne settling in soon and if he does, the Sox will be very tough to beat after the 6th inning heading into October. Pap reached a huge milestone with another 30+ save season. It was interesting watching him and Gagne chat with eachother during the game last night, sharing secrets?

So what was with all the mice last night? I saw Rem-dawg just howling about some mice (real?) and the mascot to the DRays throwing fake ones into the press box.

Pedroia, or Alvin as we call him (from Alvin and the Chipmunks), gets my vote for rookie of the year. There is no other player that fields, hits and runs with as much heart as that kid. I eat my words about letting Lorretta go, Pedroia was ready.

It'd be nice to be up 8 heading into the Bronx next week for a little cushioning. Angels need to complete the sweep.

Now, what to do about JD Drew.........

I think the D-Rays were just what we needed after a tough stretch. I'm feeling optomistic about Gagne settling in soon and if he does, the Sox will be very tough to beat after the 6th inning heading into October. Pap reached a huge milestone with another 30+ save season. It was interesting watching him and Gagne chat with eachother during the game last night, sharing secrets?

So what was with all the mice last night? I saw Rem-dawg just howling about some mice (real?) and the mascot to the DRays throwing fake ones into the press box.

Pedroia, or Alvin as we call him (from Alvin and the Chipmunks), gets my vote for rookie of the year. There is no other player that fields, hits and runs with as much heart as that kid. I eat my words about letting Lorretta go, Pedroia was ready.

It'd be nice to be up 8 heading into the Bronx next week for a little cushioning. Angels need to complete the sweep.

Now, what to do about JD Drew.........

Holy freakin' crap...the Rangers scored 30 runs on the Os.

The best part? That was just game 1.

Yeah, I feel really bad for Dice K. He's pitched well enough to be up near the top of the leauge in wins, but he's been getting little to no run support lately. The same can be said for Beckett, but Dice has gotten even less than him. Its kind of hard to get wins when you have to throw a 7 or 8 inning shut out to win. ;)

Anyway, we get the White Sox and the Yanks get the Tigers. We should pick up some more ground before heading into the Bronx.

Yeah, I feel really bad for Dice K. He's pitched well enough to be up near the top of the leauge in wins, but he's been getting little to no run support lately. The same can be said for Beckett, but Dice has gotten even less than him. Its kind of hard to get wins when you have to throw a 7 or 8 inning shut out to win. ;)

Anyway, we get the White Sox and the Yanks get the Tigers. We should pick up some more ground before heading into the Bronx.

Kind of depends which White Sox team shows up. Personally, I hope its the one that makes it's manager so frustrated he shoots off his mouth and gets ejected from the game

*cough Ozzie cough*.

Updated news on Pedroia and Hinske:

Walking wounded: Both Dustin Pedroia and Eric Hinske left Wednesday night's game with injuries.

Pedroia, the second baseman, was hit on the left elbow by a pitch from Rays starter Edwin Jackson in the top of the third inning. He managed to take his base and later scored Boston's first run, but was replaced by Alex Cora on defense in the bottom of the same inning. X-rays came back negative, and his diagnosis was day-to-day with a bruised elbow.

Hinske stole second base during the fourth inning and advanced to third on a throwing error. The left fielder was replaced by Bobby Kielty in the bottom of the frame after suffering what the Red Sox said was a cramp in his right calf. He's expected to be fine.

Kind of depends which White Sox team shows up. Personally, I hope its the one that makes it's manager so frustrated he shoots off his mouth and gets ejected from the game

*cough Ozzie cough*.

Updated news on Pedroia and Hinske:

Walking wounded: Both Dustin Pedroia and Eric Hinske left Wednesday night's game with injuries.

Pedroia, the second baseman, was hit on the left elbow by a pitch from Rays starter Edwin Jackson in the top of the third inning. He managed to take his base and later scored Boston's first run, but was replaced by Alex Cora on defense in the bottom of the same inning. X-rays came back negative, and his diagnosis was day-to-day with a bruised elbow.

Hinske stole second base during the fourth inning and advanced to third on a throwing error. The left fielder was replaced by Bobby Kielty in the bottom of the frame after suffering what the Red Sox said was a cramp in his right calf. He's expected to be fine.

Is it too early to make our predictions for who makes the playoffs?

I know who is not making it

the Dodgers :o

Sox and Yanks will both get in.

also another NL team in a free fall. the Brewers. They suck as well, just like my Dodgers :blink:

Is it too early to make our predictions for who makes the playoffs?

AL East- Red Sox

Central- Indians

West- Angels

Wild Card- Yankees <_<

NL East- Mets :D

Central- The Cubs won't well... because their the Cubs. If Soriano comes back it could lift them to the title but Rick Ankiel has been a huge spark for the Cards.

West- D' Backs

Wild Card- I dunno if anyone wants to win this... as long as it's not the Braves I'll be happy :P

AL East- Red Sox :D

AL Central- Indians

AL West- Angels

AL Wild Card- Probably the Yanks but the Mariners don't seem to be going away anytime soon.

NL East- Mets

NL Central- Cardinals seem to be surging at the right time

NL West- D' Backs (sorry Medford :( )

NL Wild Card-Cubbies

Lester optioned to Double-A :o , Tavarez to take his spot in the rotation.......for just one week.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article....sp&c_id=bos