The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

caniac23: Pepsi's just as bad as Coke about its effect on bones (bad). It's a huge relief to know you stay away from the stuff in general: You and your better half look like a wonderful couple, one who deserves to be going strong when you two celebrate your 60th wedding anniversary. (That's the milestone my parents will reach Aug. 28.) If you two stay at your fittest and healthiest best throughout your lives, that'll be the best gift you can give each other ... and it's a priceless gift, too.

Stay safe in the storms, you two.

Jan, Can Greg Maddux help the Dodgers like he did in 06?

medford: Sorry, but no. I think he's done like dinner. :(

Jan/GSBG

Honestly... could we NOT fudge a game up every once and a while?? I guess they exerted all that offense against the Royals.

DiceK is nothing if not consistent. Go out there, run up 100+ pitches in 5 five innings, allow 11 baserunners but only 2 runs. And he might win 20 games doing this.

Is it safe to say that the Clay Bucholtz starting experiment is over for this season? Kid has a ton of talent but he's too mentally beat up right now. You know your team is in trouble when your utility guy (Alex Cora) starts warming up in the bullpen. :o

Red Sox lost a lot of ground tonight. White Sox and Twins both won so Im holding out hope that the Angels can hold on for us. The only good news..... Julio Lugo has suffered a rehab set back and wont be ready for a return to the big club anytime soon. Thankfully.

Edit: Thank you LA Angels.

Is it safe to say that the Clay Bucholtz starting experiment is over for this season? Kid has a ton of talent but he's too mentally beat up right now. You know your team is in trouble when your utility guy (Alex Cora) starts warming up in the bullpen. :o

Red Sox lost a lot of ground tonight. White Sox and Twins both won so Im holding out hope that the Angels can hold on for us. The only good news..... Julio Lugo has suffered a rehab set back and wont be ready for a return to the big club anytime soon. Thankfully.

:mad: That was a bad play for Aki. Rays truly deserved that one.

:mad: That was a bad play for Aki. Rays truly deserved that one.

Didnt see it, what happened?

Terry Francona must have read my post, lol:

Buchholz demoted to Portland

BALTIMORE - Terry Francona announced after the game that Clay Buchholz, who allowed five runs over 2-1/3 innings in an 11-6 Sox loss to the Orioles was demoted to Double-A Portland to work out his pitching issues.

"I talked to Buck and we feel we need to give him a renewed start," said Francona who also indicated he thinks Buchholz, now 2-9 with a 6.75 ERA will respond.

Buchholz has never been able to find his rhythm all season. The team has tinkered with his arm angle, but that hasn't worked.

The team did not make a corresponding move yet. They take on the Jays Friday in Toronto.

Yeah, he's talented, but needs to go to the minors to regain his confidence. I thought they would have sent him down after his last start against Chicago, but I guess they figured one more chance. That's pretty funny Cora was warming up, he really is a utility guy!

Good news with Lugo, who needs him when we have Jed Lowrie the RBI machine?!? :lol:

Terry Francona must have read my post, lol:

Buchholz demoted to Portland

BALTIMORE - Terry Francona announced after the game that Clay Buchholz, who allowed five runs over 2-1/3 innings in an 11-6 Sox loss to the Orioles was demoted to Double-A Portland to work out his pitching issues.

"I talked to Buck and we feel we need to give him a renewed start," said Francona who also indicated he thinks Buchholz, now 2-9 with a 6.75 ERA will respond.

Buchholz has never been able to find his rhythm all season. The team has tinkered with his arm angle, but that hasn't worked.

The team did not make a corresponding move yet. They take on the Jays Friday in Toronto.

I have been saying that for 3 weeks now.

also a bad night for my Dodgers as they choked away another game :(

I caught the red Sox game, and I gotta quesiton what Youkilis did in that innign when the Orioles took their lead. Mora went to steal, the batter walked, and Youk was covering 2nd and Mora than takes 3rd and looks like a genius.

I think it turned the whole momentum of the game around. Blowing an early 4-run lead like that is very frustrating....however, baltimore is no slouch in the runs department, they have been solid there all year.

I caught the red Sox game, and I gotta quesiton what Youkilis did in that innign when the Orioles took their lead. Mora went to steal, the batter walked, and Youk was covering 2nd and Mora than takes 3rd and looks like a genius.

I think it turned the whole momentum of the game around. Blowing an early 4-run lead like that is very frustrating....however, baltimore is no slouch in the runs department, they have been solid there all year.

Im not sure what Youk was thinking but Im afraid Buchholtz, and the fact he couldnt throw strikes blew that game. Im not excited about the Jays next, they always play us tough. Im beginning to feel things slip away if Beckett is injured for any period of time. Rays look to be the class of the AL and I think I'll actually root for them if the Red Sox get knocked out. Shhhh, dont tell anyone. ;)

Didnt see it, what happened?

Bases loaded, Rays get a ground ball up the middle-right of second base, Akinora makes a sliding back hand which stopped the ball, but couldn't hold on to it and throw em out at 1st.

hank821.jpg

lol, Everybody hates the Yankees, including the media... that's why I've got to drink my troubles away.

BTW, Did I mention how he looks like a drunken, staggering idiot in that pic? Moron.

hank821.jpg

lol, Everybody hates the Yankees, including the media... that's why I've got to drink my troubles away.

BTW, Did I mention how he looks like a drunken, staggering idiot he looks like in that pic? Moron.

Haha, sorry...cant help but chuckle here.

Theo and the RedSox are making some interesting signing deals. Nice to see that Theo isnt asleep at the wheel:

Jason Lane - BOS

Red Sox signed outfielder Jason Lane to a minor league contract and assigned him to Triple-A Pawtucket.

Lane was let go by the Yankees earlier this week after hitting .236/.340/.447 with 16 homers and 51 RBI in 97 games at Triple-A. Aug. 21 - 5:42 pm et

David Ross - CIN

FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal reports the Red Sox have signed catcher David Ross to a minor league deal.

The Phillies were interested, but Ross decided to play for Boston. He'll head to Triple-A for now, but the Red Sox need to activate him by August 31 to make him eligible for the postseason. He'll be the team's third catcher.

hank821.jpg

BTW, Did I mention how he looks like a drunken, staggering idiot in that pic? Moron.

All I gotta say is where is his bib :lol:

I hate Yankee fans. Stupid idiots. Would rather have a "strong, powerful" batting lineup, than a clean, crisp, great defensive ball club.

Yeah, he's talented, but needs to go to the minors to regain his confidence. I thought they would have sent him down after his last start against Chicago, but I guess they figured one more chance.

Hmmm ... ya sure that you wouldn't mind dealing Mr. Clay to my beloved, albeit pathetic, Padres? :P;)

Jan/GSBG

Oh my goodness, I'm glad "Crazy" Carl "American Idle" Pavano actually started a game for the Yanks, AND WON! HA!

That alleged "baserunner interference" call in the 10th inning of the Chicago/Tampa game today is the worst judgment call I've seen this season. Just AWFUL. A.J. Pieceofs***ski is caught in a pickle, and out of desperation, slings his arm out to hit Willy Aybar (unsuccessfully) as he runs him down... and then FALLS DOWN OVER HIS OWN FEET. So what do the umps do? Give him third base.

This call, the bogus call on Upton the other night when he overran first base, and the bang bang play at third when they threw Chone Figgins out the other night (that one I can excuse given how close it was) makes you wonder...

Count me in for the instant-reply club, c23. Right now, it's time to see the Dodgers on Sunday Night Baseball, which I'll watch while I do my 45-minute cross-training workout, which includes my right- and left-legged full splits at workout's end. (I do that so I can gauge how flexible I still am. ;) )

Jan/GSBG

They have won six of the past 13 World Series. They have combined for 20 postseason appearances since 1995 and always rank among baseball's biggest spenders.

Yet it's possible

Has anyone been involved in more controversy on the field than A.J....that might be the worst call i've seen this, out of 4 umpires, not one could make the right call. Even if replay was in effect this wouldn't qualify to be reviewable.

But it definitely lost the game for TB, I mean if A.J. is out its 2 out, man on first rather than 1 out and men on first and third. Awful way to lose in such a key game.