The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

AL East- Red Sox :D

AL Central- Indians

AL West- Angels

AL Wild Card- Probably the Yanks but the Mariners don't seem to be going away anytime soon.

NL East- Mets

NL Central- Cardinals seem to be surging at the right time

NL West- D' Backs (sorry Medford :( )

NL Wild Card-Cubbies

Lester optioned to Double-A :o , Tavarez to take his spot in the rotation.......for just one week.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article....sp&c_id=bos

AL East/Wild Card: Boston/New York

AL Central: Cleveland

AL West: Seattle

NL East: New York

NL Central: Chicago

NL West: Arizona

Wild Card: San Diego

Boston 3, Cleveland 1

New York 3, Seattle 1

San Diego 3, New York 2

Arizona 3, Chicago 0

New York 4, Boston 2

Arizona 4, San Diego 3

New York 4, Arizona 1 ^_^

Unless the Curse acts fast,

AL East, Sox

Central: Cleveland (Tigers are close though)

West: Angels

Wild Card: Toughie between Seattle and New York

NL: Mets

Central: Cubs

West: Padres

Wild Card: Cards or Arizona

1 hit ball through 5 innings for both Sox. Wow.

Ha, that game changed a little bit after the 5th inning, LOL.

Boston Red Sox 0 0 0 0 0 4 1 8 1 14 15 0

Chic White Sox 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2 6 1

1 hit ball through 5 innings for both Sox. Wow.

Ha, that game changed a little bit after the 5th inning, LOL.

Boston Red Sox 0 0 0 0 0 4 1 8 1 14 15 0

Chic White Sox 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2 6 1

Yeah. When I saw the bottom line on ESPN, and saw 14 to 2, I was like "Huh?!".

Hughes pitches today for the Yanks. Think I'll watch that game. ;)

I don't want to jinx anything but I think Papi picked a great time to finally find his power.

Keilty=HUGE upgrade from Willie Mo, thankfully.

Only big question left is JDDrew. :(

I don't want to jinx anything but I think Papi picked a great time to finally find his power.

Keilty=HUGE upgrade from Willie Mo, thankfully.

Only big question left is JDDrew. :(

Hard to believe it was just 2 years ago the White Sox were the best team in baseball and swept us in the playoffs. Now they let Tavarez dominate them and even Drew hit a home run.

So we'll have at least a 7 game lead headed to the Bronx.

We have at least a 7.5 game lead going into the Bronx on Tuesday and if Verlander dominates then we will be up 8 in the Bronx and all we have to do is win one game there to have a 7 game lead heading into Sept. But our pitching is lined up with Beckett, Dice, Schill against Pettite, Clemens and Wang.

I know the ChiSox aren't very good, but smashing Buerhle and Vasquez is something to be proud of. Garland isn't a push over either. With the pitching and offense rolling then things are looking up. Kielty has been a HUGE pickup by Theo, Drew has been hitting lately (granted most of those hits are singles, but at least he hit a HR today), Schilling looked pretty good and Wakefield is quietly putting together a monster season. :P

Hard to believe it was just 2 years ago the White Sox were the best team in baseball and swept us in the playoffs. Now they let Tavarez dominate them and even Drew hit a home run.

Per one of my last posts, I would have been very happy with an 8 game lead heading to the Bronx. If the Tigers can take care of business tomorrow, 8 games it is. The offense finally looks to be awake, hopefully it was just not against the White Sox.

Edit: didn't see the post above me. At least we're all in agreement, LOL.

Per one of my last posts, I would have been very happy with an 8 game lead heading to the Bronx. If the Tigers can take care of business tomorrow, 8 games it is. The offense finally looks to be awake, hopefully it was just not against the White Sox.

Edit: didn't see the post above me. At least we're all in agreement, LOL.

Mussina vs. Verlander tomorrow. Even if NY does win tomorrow to make it a 7 game lead, they'll still have to sweep us for it to really make a difference.

Mussina vs. Verlander tomorrow. Even if NY does win tomorrow to make it a 7 game lead, they'll still have to sweep us for it to really make a difference.

Mussina is getting lit up...again. Verlander looks good 6-0, end of the 3rd.

No way can they pull Mussina this early and burn out the bull pen for the upcoming Red Sox series.

Mussina is getting lit up...again. Verlander looks good 6-0, end of the 3rd.

No way can they pull Mussina this early and burn out the bull pen for the upcoming Red Sox series.

Third trip to the bullpen...and its still the 7th. Too bad Cabrerra's amazing catch is long forgotten now.

Edit: Thankfully for the Yankees sake, they didn't have to send another pitcher out for the ninth, and the bleeding stopped at 16-0.

Third trip to the bullpen...and its still the 7th. Too bad Cabrerra's amazing catch is long forgotten now.

Edit: Thankfully for the Yankees sake, they didn't have to send another pitcher out for the ninth, and the bleeding stopped at 16-0.

On Aug. 19, Mr. G and I headed to San Diego for our annual Petco Park pilgrimage. This time, though, we'd hoped to see Craig Biggio make his final appearance during that day's Padres-Astros game we'd traveled 100-plus miles to see. No such luck: Biggio sat, while Maddux was his brilliant vintage self -- inducing tons o' ground-ball outs and walking non -- and Hoffy added yet another save to his already insane total.

For what it's worth, here's our photo album from that day. Hope you like them! :)http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...;albumId=971330

Jan/GSBG

On Aug. 19, Mr. G and I headed to San Diego for our annual Petco Park pilgrimage. This time, though, we'd hoped to see Craig Biggio make his final appearance during that day's Padres-Astros game we'd traveled 100-plus miles to see. No such luck: Biggio sat, while Maddux was his brilliant vintage self -- inducing tons o' ground-ball outs and walking non -- and Hoffy added yet another save to his already insane total.

For what it's worth, here's our photo album from that day. Hope you like them! :)http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=9930261&albumId=971330' target="_blank">http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...;albumId=971330[/post]

Jan/GSBG

Where exactly are the pictures?

For what it's worth, here's our photo album from that day. Hope you like them! :)http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=9930261&albumId=971330' target="_blank">http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...;albumId=971330[/post]

Jan/GSBG

If those pics aren't viewable via the link, Top, I'll post 'em here.

This is yours truly, outside Petco Park before that day's game:

Petco_81907_01.jpg

A view within the park itself:

Petco_81907_02.jpg

Closer Brad Lidge signs for fans:

Petco_81907_03.jpg

Me and Mr. GSBG, happy for the Pads' 5-3 victory, a vintage Maddux performance (no walks and loads of groundouts), and yet another save by Trevor Hoffman:

Petco_81907_04.jpg

Finally, we had a chance to check out the brand-new statue of Tony Gwynn, recently inducted into the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. Here I am ...

Petco_81907_05.jpg

... and here's Mr. G, showing the love!

Petco_81907_06.jpg

Jan/GSBG