The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

my 2006 durham bulls are inching closer to that al east crown...what a clutch 8th inning that was tonight! for the first time since 1995 im truly exited about the mlb postseason.

GO RAYS

my 2006 durham bulls are inching closer to that al east crown...what a clutch 8th inning that was tonight! for the first time since 1995 im truly exited about the mlb postseason.

GO RAYS

no kidding! its great to see some boys from back home make it into the postseason!

I'm really pumped for the playoffs now. With Beckett back and Lester/Dice K pitching well I'm really excited. I just hope we can at least get Lowell back soon, getting Drew back would be great, but I wouldn't count on it. It sucks that right when the Sox were in position to make a move on the Rays, Lowell and Drew were out and Bay's daughter had to be born. I'm happy that they've seen some success, but I really want the Sox to knock 'em out. ;)

And so, all good things must come to an end. The end of the Torre era, also the end of Yankee stadium, which leads us to the end of the 13 playoff appearance streak.

:(

"Next year" :lol:

you can always root for Torre with that Blue and White team ;)

and for the Sox numbers being retired, next should be Tony C or Jim Rice

Inching closer.

The Dodgers have turned it around, thanks to the manchild

I dont like, but will be silently happy when he does well.

also Nomah hit another dinger last night. the Red Sox west are getting it done :lol:

D Lowe has done well as well.

Go Blue, Sox and Cubbies

and will the Mets choke another year away of having a lead?

Way to go Med and the Dodgers!

Now the only sad thing is that the NY media will be "Torre was the one that always got them in the playoffs, not the players"... maybe their right, maybe not. I hope we make a strong push for Sabathia, but at the same time, keeping Hughes and Kennedy (ok, keeping Hughes). I wouldn't mind "buying" CC to have one decent starter in the rotation. Moose will be 40 I think, Pettitte is in the decline, but says if he'll play one more year, it'll be for the Yankees. Wang will be back thank goodness, and I'm hoping our 3 young Bulls will be ready, maybe Joba making the transition to starter for good.

And what do you think the chances of Manny staying in LA are Med?

BTW TSA, can you lend us some Pedrioa? Our 2nd base recipe is a little stiff, and needs a little kick. ;)

Now the only sad thing is that the NY media will be "Torre was the one that always got them in the playoffs, not the players"... maybe their right, maybe not. I hope we make a strong push for Sabathia, but at the same time, keeping Hughes and Kennedy (ok, keeping Hughes). I wouldn't mind "buying" CC to have one decent starter in the rotation. Moose will be 40 I think, Pettitte is in the decline, but says if he'll play one more year, it'll be for the Yankees. Wang will be back thank goodness, and I'm hoping our 3 young Bulls will be ready, maybe Joba making the transition to starter for good.

BTW TSA, can you lend us some Pedrioa? Our 2nd base recipe is a little stiff, and needs a little kick. ;)

He's our future captain, no way!

And Medford, please keep that player we dont speak of in LA. Him and Hollywood deserve each other. Thanks you very much.

thanks c23

I think that Manny will go back to the Al where he can DH, even though he has killed the ball in the NL.

I still dont like him but am glad LA made the playoffs.

another potential FA is AJ Burnett for NY, who usually does well against the Al east oponnets.

I would take him in a second.

and TSA that person we dont say is still a jerk but I guess I can silently be happy he helped

my team. Kinda of like Dale Hunter being on your team or even Sean Avery.

What a night last night. Watched the last few innings of the Met game, then flipped over to see Braun's walk-off. Watching stuff like that reminds me just how awesome this game is and makes me wonder how people can say baseball is boring.

We've been looking at Burnett as he's probably going to opt out of his contract at the end of this season. BUT, he has had his share of injuries as well, and you wonder if him and Sheets would just end up being another Pavano, ya know?

Mercifully that game is finally over. With the Rays losing, I kind of wish the Red Sox went for the win rather than resting the vets. I know the odds were slim the Rays would lose the next 2 and the Sox would win the next two, but you have to think that if Dicek pitched tonight, the odds would have been a little better.

Oh well, Angels it is. At least now they have more time to prepare and get healthier.

Congrats to the Rays for a pretty amazing season.

Red Sox/ Angels series:

Wed Oct 1st- In LA

Friday Oct 3rd- In LA

Sunday Oct 5- In Boston

Mon Oct 6-In Boston

Wed Oct 8- In LA

Probable pitchers:

Game #1 Beckett/Lackey

Game #2 Dice K/Saunders

Game #3 Lester/Garland

Game #4 Beckett/Lackey

Game #5 Dicek/Saunders

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Ted Lily throwing a no-no after 6 innings.

Stayed tuned.... ;)

Edit: I typed too soon. :(

The Tampa Bay Rays are the 2008 American League East champions. Wow. I mean, I expected them to be much better this year, but this? Incredible. Kinda anti-climatic with both Tampa and Boston losing, but still... WOW!

The Tampa Bay Rays are the 2008 American League East champions. Wow. I mean, I expected them to be much better this year, but this? Incredible. Kinda anti-climatic with both Tampa and Boston losing, but still... WOW!

BDD_TF_rays_9.26.08_MBz.jpg

Not to interrupt your celebrating but is anyone watching the Brewers game??????

I cant help but root for the Brewers.

Edit: Again I typed too soon :angry:

Wow...for the billionth time, anyone want the NL central, I think cleveland would put up a better fight than the twins or white sox at this point. rays are lucky to face th white sox or twins opening round.

Meanwhile, team with the best record, Angels, have a good chance of losing round 1, as Lackey has looked unimpressive as of late. But they do possess homefield advantage, the red Sox kryptonite probably this year,lol.

Go Mets Go Cubs :ph34r:

Having your season in the hands of Oliver Perez is nerve wrecking, but the Brewers are ruining CC's arm and the I think they Cubs will win tomorrow...

The good news for Mets fans: Glavine didn't pitch today.

The bad news for Mets fans: Schoenweis and Ayala did.

And ANYONE who has followed the Mets this season shouldn't be surprised by what happened - and HOW it happened - at Shea's last stand today.

And ANYONE who has followed the Mets this season shouldn't be surprised by what happened - and HOW it happened - at Shea's last stand today.

Most interesting comment of the day:

$800 million dollars in payroll the last two seasons between the Mets and Yanks and only 1 playoff round to show. :o

Sorry Quince :(

Congrats to the brewers for their first playoff appearance since 1982

sorry Quince tough loss man.

and now Go Dodgers/Cubs and Sox.

yes the Dodgers are playing the Cubs so I will be happy (More if LA wins) and have

one team to root for in the NLCS for sure.

out of respect to my uncle.

Beckett out with an oblique strain-ugh :(. Just doesnt feel like their year and as impressed as I am that the Red Sox have hung in there, without their ace and World Series MVP, it just doesnt seem possible to repeat.

I like Lester being moved to the #1 spot but if Beckett isnt good to go for game #3, they're in deep trouble. I love Wake but you never know which Wake you're gonna get.

Game 1: Wed., Oct. 1 at Anaheim, 10 p.m.

Jon Lester (16-6, 3.21 ERA) vs. John Lackey (12-5, 3.75 ERA)

Game 2: Fri., Oct. 3 @ Anaheim, 9:30 p.m.

Daisuke Matsuzaka (18-3, 2.90 ERA) vs. Earvin Santana (16-7, 3.49 ERA)

Game 3: Sun, Oct. 5 @ Boston, TBA

Josh Beckett (12-10, 4.03 ERA) vs. Joe Saunders (17-7, 3.41 ERA)