The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

They're gonna need to blur Balfour and Cabrera's mouths as if they were suspects on COPS.

I dont know whats up with them but whats the over/under that Ozzie flips a gasket over this series?

Why is it the Angels SUCK against the Sox, but could destroy the Yanks no problem. <_<

In other news..... GO RAYS!!!!!! And Dodgers! :)

Why is it the Angels SUCK against the Sox, but could destroy the Yanks no problem. <_<

In other news..... GO RAYS!!!!!! And Dodgers! :)

That is what I was thinking also. I thought for sure the Red Sox Angels series would be atleast 1-1 going to Boston. But am very glad it is what it is.

Yea! My Phillie's are now advancing to play the Dodgers! :):lol:

That should be a good (hopefully long) series. Both teams have good frontline starters. DLowe-Billingsley-Kuroda against Hamels-Myers-Moyer. Should be good.

Wow.... Go dodgers! And Napoli with a blast to tie it... that was a blast, let's see if they can do anything else. <_<

Yea! My Phillie's are now advancing to play the Dodgers! :):lol:

This will be a good series as both teams have been en fuego

I am still shocked LA is in the NLCS. a month ago they were under 500

Yes I dont like Manny but he is helping so I can be happy for my team of over 25 years

tough loss for the Sox but the Angels deserved to win last night

Yes I dont like Manny but he is helping so I can be happy for my team of over 25 years

Beckett had a tough outing and I was impressed the Sox kept the game within reach at all. Both bullpens were amazing last night and the better team on the field last night won the offensive battle. Pedroia needs to start hitting again and as much as I love Mike Lowell, he looked like a liability out there at times with his injury. I hope the win didn't give LA too much confidence. :unsure:

Tonight it'll be Lester vs Lackey and I like the Red Sox chances. Lester has been money at home and Lackey has struggled at times in Fenway. I hope the Sox hit him hard early and get in his head. Lester needs to go at least 7 because the bull pen has to be exhausted today.

Please don't let it be another 51/2 hour game :o .

Beckett had a tough outing and I was impressed the Sox kept the game within reach at all. Both bullpens were amazing last night and the better team on the field last night won the offensive battle. Pedroia needs to start hitting again and as much as I love Mike Lowell, he looked like a liability out there at times with his injury. I hope the win didn't give LA too much confidence. :unsure:

Tonight it'll be Lester vs Lackey and I like the Red Sox chances. Lester has been money at home and Lackey has struggled at times in Fenway. I hope the Sox hit him hard early and get in his head. Lester needs to go at least 7 because the bull pen has to be exhausted today.

Please don't let it be another 51/2 hour game :o .

Very happy that Lester is going tonight, if he could at least go into the 7th, that'd be amazing. The bullpen did a great job last night and as your said, must be exhausted. I stayed up till Jed Lowrie flied out to center, that was around midnight. Too bad the games on the west coast, I saw hoping to be able to stay up and watch it.

Very happy that Lester is going tonight, if he could at least go into the 7th, that'd be amazing. The bullpen did a great job last night and as your said, must be exhausted. I stayed up till Jed Lowrie flied out to center, that was around midnight. Too bad the games on the west coast, I saw hoping to be able to stay up and watch it.

The game is in Boston ;)

These late nights are just killing me.

Ya i hope it will be!

My sources misinformed me! :lol:

Still, I wish they could start the game earlier.

With as late and as long as these games have gone, thya might as well be on the West coast.

In sad news, Mike Lowell is likely done for the season. This must have a tough call to make for Tito but it had to be done:

Third baseman ineligible for ALCS if Red Sox advance

By Ian Browne / MLB.com

BOSTON -- Red Sox third baseman Mike Lowell's availability is in doubt for the rest of the postseason. Boston removed Lowell from the American League Division Series roster before Monday's game, replacing him with infielder Gil Velazquez.

As a result, Lowell would be ineligible to play in the AL Championship Series if the Red Sox advanced. They entered Monday leading the Angels, 2-1, in the best-of-five series.

The widely respected third baseman was unable to play in Monday night's Game 4. Lowell started Game 1, took a breather in Game 2 and was back in there for Game 3. Lowell's mobility has been severely hampered when he's been on the field, thanks to a partial tear of the labrum in his right hip.

"Where it goes from here, we don't know yet," said Red Sox manager Terry Francona. "He needs to be seen by the doctors. We're going to try to get this figured out. The doctors will hopefully be here in maybe a half hour or so and [we'll] get a little more information from them on what we should do or what we can do, what we're able to do. And we'll just kind of go from there."

Mark Kotsay was in the starting lineup at first base on Monday with Kevin Youkilis moving to third.

Lowell went 0-for-8 in the series. After Lowell worked a walk in the 10th inning of Game 3, Francona felt he had no choice but to run for him.

"I just didn't think it was fair to put him in a position where, if someone hits a ground ball in the hole and we're going to score a run, and he can't run to second and he's halfway there and they get an out they shouldn't, I can't let that happen," Francona said.

Following the 12-inning game, Lowell said the key to his availability would be how he felt when he woke up. The answer was not good.

"He's really sore," said Francona. "He came out of the game last night and was really sore. checked on him today; the trainers checked on him this morning. We knew he was sore. He came in, he's pretty beat up."

As recently as a couple of weeks ago, the injury would only bother Lowell on a certain kind of swing or an off-balance throw at third base. But it's gotten to the point where even the most routine acts as a baseball player look like a chore.

"I think it's affected him everywhere," Francona said. "Again, that's not a knock on him. When you do what we do for a living and you have a guy who is willing to try to [play], it's hard not to want to give him every opportunity possible. But he's hurting. We're going to have to figure out what's in his best interest. Short term, long term, those are answers I can't give. We've got to get information from people who are hopefully smarter than me about it."

too bad about Lowell, but you could tell he was really laboring out there

Lester's gonna get it done tonight

Hopefully he can take the offseason and be completley healthy for next year. Youkillis is great at 3rd, so as long as Kotsay is fine at 1st, they should be good.

The Rays are ALCS bound!! This is just surreal.

Congrats Tarheelmike, hope to see you there ;)

GO PHILLIES!!!

BEAT THE DODGERS!!!

Please do. (sorry Medford)