The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Great pics, thanks for posting.

BIG series starting tonight. Do the Yanks somehow find their way back into the race.....or does the bottom fall out for good?

BIG series starting tonight. Do the Yanks somehow find their way back into the race.....or does the bottom fall out for good?

Glad to share 'em with my peeps, Top. Another big series continues on the other coast: the remaining two games between the Angels and the Mariners. The Halos took the first game last night; let's see what's in store the next two evenings.

Jan/GSBG

you guys see that triple play turned last night by the Indians?

Sure couldn't, Asylum. I closed down the store at 8:08 p.m. (that's 11:08 p.m. to those of you living in the Eastern Time zone), and then went out to dinner with Mr. GSBG.

Tell us, then: How sweet must that triple play have been to watch?

Jan/GSBG

Glad to share 'em with my peeps, Top. Another big series continues on the other coast: the remaining two games between the Angels and the Mariners. The Halos took the first game last night; let's see what's in store the next two evenings.

Jan/GSBG

Huge week overall with Sox/Yanks, Halos/M's, Brewers/Cubs, and Dbacks/Padres all happening this week.

Time for the Sox to show some killer instinct.

Yanks take the first one but Im not too suprised. They usually come back with a strong game after getting it handed to them. Chamberlain looked impressive and Johnny Damon always seems to play his best against us.

Oh well, we're up 7 games but its too bad DiceK just doesn't get any breaks. Beckett/Clemens should be a good one.

Yanks take the first one but Im not too suprised. They usually come back with a strong game after getting it handed to them. Chamberlain looked impressive and Johnny Damon always seems to play his best against us.

Oh well, we're up 7 games but its too bad DiceK just doesn't get any breaks. Beckett/Clemens should be a good one.

Sucks to lose on a cheap home run like that but thats how it goes. Wasn't overly optimistic about tonight anyway since Pettitte's been very good lately and the Sox never score when DiceK pitches. We only need one of these 3 three game though so no need to panic. Got a better feeling about tomorrow, Beckett's dynamite on the road.

edit- and i know this isn't a new development, but Drew couldn't have been more useless if he tried. Maybe if he dropped a fly ball or something but thats it.

edit- and i know this isn't a new development, but Drew couldn't have been more useless if he tried. Maybe if he dropped a fly ball or something but thats it.

At this point, why not put Keilty in permanently for Drew? I'd rather see Hinske or Kielty now in any clutch situation. Is there a stat for how many clutch at bats Drew has blown? Has to be in the double digits.

Edit: Looks like we'll be seeing JDPoo again tonight since Manny will most likely be sitting out to rest his back. Im all for resting these banged up guys to get ready for the post season but Drew really needs to show us something .....now!

Another note: Game is on ESPN 2 tonight.....yay HD!!!

At this point, why not put Keilty in permanently for Drew? I'd rather see Hinske or Kielty now in any clutch situation. Is there a stat for how many clutch at bats Drew has blown? Has to be in the double digits.

Edit: Looks like we'll be seeing JDPoo again tonight since Manny will most likely be sitting out to rest his back. Im all for resting these banged up guys to get ready for the post season but Drew really needs to show us something .....now!

Another note: Game is on ESPN 2 tonight.....yay HD!!!

With runners in scoring position and 2 outs, Drew is hitting a whopping .190 (12 for 63, with 19 k's).

Overall with men on base in any situation, he's hitting .265.

With runners in scoring position and 2 outs, Drew is hitting a whopping .190 (12 for 63, with 19 k's).

Very impressive that you were able to pull that up :huh: .

Manny is definately a no-go and Kielty is a game time decision.

Interesting info about Gagne. After reviewing films and getting feedback by teamates and coaches, it was dicovered that Gagne was "tipping " his pitches to the opposing team by the way he either set up his glove or his hand (not sure). Since he's made these adjustments, he's given up some hits but NO runs.

Very impressive that you were able to pull that up :huh: .

Manny is definately a no-go and Kielty is a game time decision.

Interesting info about Gagne. After reviewing films and getting feedback by teamates and coaches, it was dicovered that Gagne was "tipping " his pitches to the opposing team by the way he either set up his glove or his hand (not sure). Since he's made these adjustments, he's given up some hits but NO runs.

Any chance we play the White Sox again?

These two teams don't disappoint, could there be anymore drama??????

It feels more like I'm watching the "who's who of Hollywood" rather than a baseball game. Did you catch the shot of John Madden nodding off, LOL?

Edit: Well that didn't end the way I wanted it to. Beckett is a warrior and after 1 horrific inning really redeemed himself. When A Rod hit the homer, I knew it wasn't going to happen. Lead is down to 6 but as long as we win tomorrow, it's still the best in the league. Not too bad...just need everyone to get healthy.

Any chance we play the White Sox again?

These two teams don't disappoint, could there be anymore drama??????

It feels more like I'm watching the "who's who of Hollywood" rather than a baseball game. Did you catch the shot of John Madden nodding off, LOL?

Edit: Well that didn't end the way I wanted it to. Beckett is a warrior and after 1 horrific inning really redeemed himself. When A Rod hit the homer, I knew it wasn't going to happen. Lead is down to 6 but as long as we win tomorrow, it's still the best in the league. Not too bad...just need everyone to get healthy.

I don't want to be a jinx or anything but there's a certain team that plays in an old, storied park not far from a really big lake that is doing quite well in their division for the time being. An afternoon, or say a double header at The Friendly Confines was always a day to remember! Good lucky my little bear babies! (Please no curse-of-the-goat! Please no curse-of-the-goat!)

But you didn't hear any of this from me! this team is very sensitive to bad mojo. sigh. I can but keep an eye on them from afar!

I don't want to be a jinx or anything but there's a certain team that plays in an old, storied park not far from a really big lake that is doing quite well in their division for the time being. An afternoon, or say a double header at The Friendly Confines was always a day to remember! Good lucky my little bear babies! (Please no curse-of-the-goat! Please no curse-of-the-goat!)

But you didn't hear any of this from me! this team is very sensitive to bad mojo. sigh. I can but keep an eye on them from afar!

I have them picked to win the NL wildcard, but I didn't just say that.

I have them picked to win the NL wildcard, but I didn't just say that.

I'm hoping the NL Central team will get to go somewhere in a certain month that begins with the letter "O". And good job with the sweep with my Yanks. I was incredibly sad to not watch the game today, I always enjoy watching my favorite rivals/series. But *edit* was up with Joba and those 2 pitches?! You think he meant, or just lost control?

Orioles vs BoSox tomorrow (Liz vs Wakefield) and D-Rays vs Yanks (Sonnastine vs Hughes). I can't wait for Saturday when Ian Kennedy makes his debut. 12-3 in all season (From A-AAA). Not bad, granted that's all lower level stuff, but it'll be interesting to see him. Hopefuly FSN shows the Rays on Saturday for that game.

I'm hoping the NL Central team will get to go somewhere in a certain month that begins with the letter "O". And good job with the sweep with my Yanks. I was incredibly sad to not watch the game today, I always enjoy watching my favorite rivals/series. But *edit* was up with Joba and those 2 pitches?! You think he meant, or just lost control?

I gave up watching after the seventh, it was very disappointing. Good thing we had that nice cushion going into the series. Now I guess we'll see what they're really made of and if can they bring it up a notch....or not. Yankees played much better than I expected, Damon kills us cause I guess he feels like he has everything to prove to the Sox for letting him walk.

I gave up watching after the seventh, it was very disappointing. Good thing we had that nice cushion going into the series. Now I guess we'll see what they're really made of and if can they bring it up a notch....or not. Yankees played much better than I expected, Damon kills us cause I guess he feels like he has everything to prove to the Sox for letting him walk.

Friend of mine is at Yankee Stadium... probably has a whole bunch of Posada stuff. Grr on the Yanks tonight. We can beat the Rays, especially Sonnastine or whatever. No offense lightning bug.