The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

I was thinking the same thing, if the sox are facing elimination should they start lester in game 6? I think so.

Boy, what a dfference a year makes.

I agree with you both, get Lester in for our best chance.

Yikes! : Sox may activate Timlin for ALCS

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081008&content_id=3603324&vkey=news_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos' target="_blank">http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article....sp&c_id=bos[/post]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N/M... Tickets for right near the foul pole are going for 837 dollars at the dome. :o

Sorry, just had to vent. ;)

Edit: I suck at this.

I was thinking the same thing, if the sox are facing elimination should they start lester in game 6? I think so.

With the extra day built in, if needed, Lester could come in for game #6 on regular rest. I think it will all depend on how Beckett looks.

N/M... Tickets for right near the foul pole are going for 837 dollars at the dome. :o

That sucks. That number there tells me that the "real" Rays fans, all 1500 of them, have probably been priced out of seats for the biggest games in the team's history. Buy hey, yay for the rich folks in St. Pete who will come out to the game, drink their $40 martinis, and watch the guy from Desperate Housewives play that spot on the left side of the infield by that white thing in the ground.

It's either that or Red Sox Bandwagon is scooping up everything.

It's either that or Red Sox Bandwagon is scooping up everything.

:o

I think that would suck for the Rays fans, they should have the chance to experience this in person.

Time for the picks...

Phils in 7. 4 of the games will be routs. 1 of the L.A. games will go to extra innings, and Philly wins Game 7 5-3 when Lidge gets Manny to ground into a 6-4 force to end the series.

Rays in 7. 5 games decided by one run, 4 of which are won by Tampa. 3 games go extra frames, home team winning all of them, one in Fenway on a Jason Bay walk off two run smash. Rays take a 3-2 series lead back to the Trop, but Beckett wins Game 6 1-0, forcing a game 7... and the Rays beat Lester 4-1 to improbably win the AL Pennant.

I'm crazy, I know.

Time for the picks...

Phils in 7. 4 of the games will be routs. 1 of the L.A. games will go to extra innings, and Philly wins Game 7 5-3 when Lidge gets Manny to ground into a 6-4 force to end the series.

Rays in 7. 5 games decided by one run, 4 of which are won by Tampa. 3 games go extra frames, home team winning all of them, one in Fenway on a Jason Bay walk off two run smash. Rays take a 3-2 series lead back to the Trop, but Beckett wins Game 6 1-0, forcing a game 7... and the Rays beat Lester 4-1 to improbably win the AL Pennant.

I'm crazy, I know.

Manny Dodgers in 6

Boston in 7

And all of Major League Baseball drools over the marketability of Manny (and I guess DLowe and Nomar)returning to Boston. :rolleyes:

Once again, the Rays get shafted by the media for their unprecedented rise from worst to first and they once again assume the role of the poor step child of the AL East once again. :D

Side note: While in Boston, Manny collects the rest of his persoanl things and has ARod pick them up in neutral Connecticut to store them for when Scott Boras makes that off season deal that has Manny putting on the pinstripes for a contract that will rival Arods. Leaving the Dodgers and Joe Torre wondering "What went wrong?" ;)

Side note: While in Boston, Manny collects the rest of his persoanl things and has ARod pick them up in neutral Connecticut to store them for when Scott Boras makes that off season deal that has Manny putting on the pinstripes for a contract that will rival Arods. Leaving the Dodgers and Joe Torre wondering "What went wrong?" wink.gif

Bite your tongue! Yanks better not put Manny in pinstripes. If we REALLY needed a DH, go for it. But we have Posada, Matsui, Damon rotating between Catcher, 1st, OF and DH. We have Cabrera, Gardner, Nady, Damon and Matsui for the OF. Wouldn't be surprised to see Melk and Gard's traded, but who knows.

You have Posada and Molina catching, with possibility that Posada could be done. I hope not, but could be.

1st base is open to who knows who, and it makes you wonder.... Where exactly did 209.1 million go this year? ;)

I wouldn't mind having him in the Yanks, but will Cashmoney go for broke this year or keep with the homegrown talent?

I wouldn't mind having him in the Yanks, but will Cashmoney go for broke this year or keep with the homegrown talent?

Thats a silly question, of course hell go for broke. :P

CC Sabbathia

Mark Teixiera

Manny Ramirez

Here to stay

The Rays and Red Sox, after a season of circling one another, with neither able to shake the other, will commence the most important set of games they

Matching up-Dirtdogs.com

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- We have no lineup from Tropicana Field yet. For the time being, here are how Rays and Red Sox batters have fared against tonight's starting pitchers. (Batting average, on-base percentage, and slugging percentage are in parentheses.)

Red Sox vs. James Shields (2-4, 5.23 ERA career against Boston)

Jacoby Ellsbury (.100, .182, .100)

J.D. Drew (.333, .333, .667)

Jed Lowrie (.000, .000, .000)

Dustin Pedroia (.500, .545, .600)

David Ortiz (.500, .533, 1.214)

Kevin Youkilis (.000, .150, .000)

Jason Varitek (.100, .100, .100)

Jason Bay (Never faced Shields)

Mark Kotsay (Never faced Shields)

Sean Casey (.500, .500, .500)

Alex Cora (.400, .500, .400)

Coco Crisp (.200, .273, .200)

David Ross (Never faced Shields)

Kevin Cash (Never faced Shields)

Notable: Youkilis has no hits and two walks in 19 plate appearances; Ortiz has two home runs and four doubles.

Rays vs. Daisuke Matsuzaka (1-0, 3.00 ERA career against Tampa Bay)

Willy Aybar (.333, .250,.333)

Jason Bartlett (.091, .091, .182)

Carl Crawford (.273, .333, .273)

Cliff Floyd (.000, .286, .000)

Jonny Gomes (.154, .267, .154)

Gabe Gross (.500, .600, .500)

Eric Hinske (.000, .286, .000)

Akinori Iwamura (.375, .423, .542)

Dan Johnson (.000, .000, .000)

Evan Longoria (.500, .750, .500)

Dioner Navarro (.167, .158, .333)

Carlos Pena (.313, .522, .625)

Fernando Perez (.500, .500, .500)

B.J. Upton (.077, .200, .308)

Ben Zobrist (.000, .143, .000)

Notable: Iwamura has faced Matsuzaka 24 times, more than any other Ray; Upton’s one hit in 15 plate appearances was a home run; Pena has six walks and seven strike outs in 23 plate appearances.

Bite your tongue! Yanks better not put Manny in pinstripes. If we REALLY needed a DH, go for it. But we have Posada, Matsui, Damon rotating between Catcher, 1st, OF and DH. We have Cabrera, Gardner, Nady, Damon and Matsui for the OF. Wouldn't be surprised to see Melk and Gard's traded, but who knows.

You have Posada and Molina catching, with possibility that Posada could be done. I hope not, but could be.

1st base is open to who knows who, and it makes you wonder.... Where exactly did 209.1 million go this year? ;)

You need some starting pitching or hope Wang and Hughes are healthy all year next season

My seats are down the 3rd base line. I'm up here right now, so I'm missing the Canes tonight and Monday, but I think this may just be worth it. Game 3 starts at 4:37 though so I'm gonna see a playoff game during part of the day and the night. I kind of wish I was going to one that started around 8, but I can't complain at all.

Well...I'm off to watch the Canes at the Cask and Flagon or Game On. ;)

My seats are down the 3rd base line. I'm up here right now, so I'm missing the Canes tonight and Monday, but I think this may just be worth it. Game 3 starts at 4:37 though so I'm gonna see a playoff game during part of the day and the night. I kind of wish I was going to one that started around 8, but I can't complain at all.

Well...I'm off to watch the Canes at the Cask and Flagon or Game On. ;)

Lucky you! Have a cold one for me at the Cask.

Good night all around.... Canes win the home opener and the Red Sox take game #1 at the Trop. Could I possibly ask for the trifecta with the Pats winning on Sunday too? Better not push my luck.

Good game all around. Ashame Rays had to lose the first one. Bases loaded and you can't deliver, not good. Plenty of RISP, and couldn't get the job done. Here's hoping tomorrow is better. (for rays fans that is :D)

This game is absolutely crazy.

Final score could easily be 13-12. I havent decided who going to win it yet.

Id be happy with a split but up 2 would be much better ;)

Guess the ump was tired and decided to put the squeeze on Timlin. Then again, I'd be curious to hear why Tito went with Timlin over Byrd there. Timlin should be the option of last resort.