The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

that sucked

Can't believe we're going down so meekly. Come on Sox, show some freakin backbone.

They look mentally and physically out of gas. If Dicek cant throw up 7 tomorrow, they're toast.

Such risk/reward with that knuckleball. Amazing how one night it can work so well, then the next make its pitcher look like a triple A player. Wakefield must be accustomed to this; he's the only pitcher I know that gets absolutely KILLED on the mound sometimes yet still wins 10+ games each year.

Mike Lowell is scheduled to undergo right hip surgery Monday.

Lowell would have been eligible to play in the World Series, but the writing was on the wall from the moment the Red Sox decided they were better off with Gil Velazquez on the ALDS roster. That Lowell is undergoing surgery now will help his chances of being ready for the start of 2009. Still, it's not a given that he'll be at full strength by spring training.

Good, get it done now and be ready to go in the spring.

In trying to find some humor in all this, I did get a chuckle with this from Dan Shaunessy:

There was more noise at Widener Library. There were more laughs, backslaps, and good times at Bill Belichick's daily press briefing in Foxborough. Watching this game was like reading your 401(k) statement.

Kazmir will start Game 5

Boston.com Staff October 15, 2008 10:22 AM

In a surprising move, Tampa Bay Rays manager Joe Maddon announced this morning that he will start Scott Kazmir in Thursday

Shrewd move, I think. I still don't trust Kaz in this spot - but it's better here and let Shields go at home in 6, than have Shields get rocked in Fenway and then have Kaz on the hill to avoid Game 7 (when anything can hapen.)

This team just looks beaten right now. Ortiz has been hurt since May, Lowell has been hurt off and on the whole year and is now having surgery, Beckett has been hurt on and off all year and JD Drew has a herniated disk in his back. I'm still shocked that Lester put up such an abysmal game the other day, his body language mirrors how the team has looked since the 4th inning of Game 3, like they are lost and just flat out tired.

I feel like the Rays will win this series still, but an off day could really do wonders for the Sox. If they win Game 5 then I think they may just have a shot. But they've got to come out swinging and Dice K needs to be locked in.

Do not worry Sox fans we got Tampa right were we want them :lol: seriously I agree. This them just looks beat up and tired. I want to see the Red Sox repeat but to be quiet honest I really did not think we would get by the Angels. I was glad we did but I just think the Sox are to beat up and tired and Tampa is to tough of a team for us to come back now. Hope I am wrong thow.

Dodgers are starting to get that same defeated look on their faces right now that the Red Sox did last night.

Sorry Medford, I may loath Manny but I know how disappointed you are. We may be joining you tomorrow in the misery but its been a heck of ride.

Let the Manny speculation begin....where does he sign....and how much do we care? :rolleyes:

We should have the advantage tomorrow, but DiceK is too unpredictable. I do think though that things line up as well as they could (relatively speaking) for us to at least force a game 7. Hopefully DiceK gets it done tomorrow, then you throw Lester in game 6 and hope he doesn't suck twice in a row.

Of course, how our pitching lines up is moot if our offense keeps looking so inept, but at least Kazmir is the one Rays pitcher we've been able to hit so far.

We should have the advantage tomorrow, but DiceK is too unpredictable. I do think though that things line up as well as they could (relatively speaking) for us to at least force a game 7. Hopefully DiceK gets it done tomorrow, then you throw Lester in game 6 and hope he doesn't suck twice in a row.

Of course, how our pitching lines up is moot if our offense keeps looking so inept, but at least Kazmir is the one Rays pitcher we've been able to hit so far.

I cant see Lester throwing out 2 stinkers in a row but DiceK and Beckett scare the heck out me. I kind of get why Madden switched up Shields and Kazmir but why wouldnt you go for the kill and close out your opponent if you have the chance?

Because Shields is better at home than on the road, so he's looking at more of a sure win there. And if Shields lost, you'd ahve Kazmir on game 6 with the ump who he doesn't like, and vice versa I'm sure. All those "what-if"'s and what not.

Dodgers are starting to get that same defeated look on their faces right now that the Red Sox did last night.

Sorry Medford, I may loath Manny but I know how disappointed you are. We may be joining you tomorrow in the misery but its been a heck of ride.

Let the Manny speculation begin....where does he sign....and how much do we care? :rolleyes:

Manny who.

Does that make me double miserable because I am a Sox fan as well :lol:

Now congrats to the Phils, they were the better team all season long

and deserved to win.

Manny will end up in KC............... :lol: probably the Yanks, Angels or Mets but

he should stay in LA with the Dodgers as he would own the NL West and probably

by NL MVP if he did not quit on the team.

I cant see Lester throwing out 2 stinkers in a row but DiceK and Beckett scare the heck out me. I kind of get why Madden switched up Shields and Kazmir but why wouldnt you go for the kill and close out your opponent if you have the chance?

I am more scared of Beckett because he is like at 40% and clearly not himself.

Dice K can pitch a good game and hopefully does.

*sigh*

burnttoast.jpg

lol why are you posting a picture of the dodgers bullpen :lol:

I know how you feel. Look at the bright side, the Sox are not the KC Royals

even though I am not a fan, good luck to the Rays in the W Series. I think

it has the potential to be a very good one.

I love it.... Fenway blows up because Paps shut down the Rays for 2 innings.... how many pitches has he thrown? I don't think he can go out there for the 9th. But, we'll see...