The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Friend of mine is at Yankee Stadium... probably has a whole bunch of Posada stuff. Grr on the Yanks tonight. We can beat the Rays, especially Sonnastine or whatever. No offense lightning bug.

and we should have beat the O's :angry:

Friend of mine is at Yankee Stadium... probably has a whole bunch of Posada stuff. Grr on the Yanks tonight. We can beat the Rays, especially Sonnastine or whatever. No offense lightning bug.

and we should have beat the O's :angry:

At least everyone stays where they are. Boston, Yanks and then Yanks, M's.. trying to find the game to watch the Devil Rays and Ian Kennedy.

Congrats to Buchholz. great win tonight.

Edit: He does a few more of those, I'm sure the Yanks will offer him 16 mil per season for 4 seasons soon. lol.

Edit: He does a few more of those, I'm sure the Yanks will offer him 16 mil per season for 4 seasons soon. lol.

You cant have him!

What a great win for him. I bet that even this morning he has no idea about what took place last night, and just how historic it was. I was watching the Oriole's feed on MASN and even those guys were rooting him on. The O's were so far out of it by then, who couldn't help but cheer this kid on. I hate that it was against the O's cause they've taken such a beating this season but hey, you cant pick your opponents. Maybe next year will see a Bucholtz/Chamberlain match up? :o

You cant have him!

What a great win for him. I bet that even this morning he has no idea about what took place last night, and just how historic it was. I was watching the Oriole's feed on MASN and even those guys were rooting him on. The O's were so far out of it by then, who couldn't help but cheer this kid on. I hate that it was against the O's cause they've taken such a beating this season but hey, you cant pick your opponents. Maybe next year will see a Bucholtz/Chamberlain match up? :o

Don't know. I know they'd like for him to be a starter, but that was the plan. But now that he's been reliefing, maybe he'll be the new setup man or even part closer. I wish Phil Hughes would get some more wins and get with the control issue. He's got some good potential, just hope it can shine at the Major League level. Chien-Ming Wang, Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain, Ian Kennedy, Pettitte. Send off Pavano, no more Clemens (though I hope he continues to do well this season). Don't know what will happen to Moose. He usually gives us 5 innings. He does either real good, or real bad. I don't see any gray with him. Maybe he could be converted into a relief type pitcher or trade him for some younger prospects/relief work. Same with Pavano, Farnsworth. We'll need all the savings with money to resign Arod. I'll probably hate how much he's going to cost.

Wow what a weekend. Maybe we at least restored some sanity if nothing else.

Sox have the Jays next then the O's again. You know the Jays series will be tough when Halladay has the highest ERA of the 3 guys they're starting. I'll be at the Thursday game in Baltimore btw.

Big series between the yanks and seattle coming up.

Also, Pedro makes his first start of the year tomorrow.

all i know is that my d-rays are making a run for the playoffs! 8-2 in their last 10 hell yeah boys!

I cheered for your Drays the past few days too. And now I become a Mariner fan.

all i know is that my d-rays are making a run for the playoffs! 8-2 in their last 10 hell yeah boys!

I cheered for your Drays the past few days too. And now I become a Mariner fan.

No no... we don't want any M's fans. Coincidentally, I've become a Jays fan. :D

Rocket reared off track... nice relief work (as predicted) by Moose. I don't Yanks winning this game. They have come back in the last 2 innings quite a bit, but this late in the season... don't see it.

Rocket reared off track... nice relief work (as predicted) by Moose. I don't Yanks winning this game. They have come back in the last 2 innings quite a bit, but this late in the season... don't see it.

Sorry caniac23 but you had to figure the Mariners knew they'd be buried if they didn't show up. Not so different from he Yanks/Sox series last week when the Yanks knew they'd be buried if they didn't bring it. Its amazing what can happen when you're looking at the end of your season.

I like the new title Warbird, I certainly have pennant fever. :)

Sorry caniac23 but you had to figure the Mariners knew they'd be buried if they didn't show up. Not so different from he Yanks/Sox series last week when the Yanks knew they'd be buried if they didn't bring it. Its amazing what can happen when you're looking at the end of your season.

I like the new title Warbird, I certainly have pennant fever. :)

As I've said before, if we don't get into the playoffs, I'm fine with it. I won't be happy about it, but still. Let everyone rest up, make some changes over the offseason (some that should have been done LAST season).. bring in some new, fresh relief work.

I would like to make the playoffs just so we can see how well Arods year is. THAT, will determine if he's going to get a major payload this offseason, or if his value just went down a few notches.

As I've said before, if we don't get into the playoffs, I'm fine with it. I won't be happy about it, but still. Let everyone rest up, make some changes over the offseason (some that should have been done LAST season).. bring in some new, fresh relief work.

I would like to make the playoffs just so we can see how well Arods year is. THAT, will determine if he's going to get a major payload this offseason, or if his value just went down a few notches.

Do you really think NY will keep him? Or better yet, will he want to stay? It'll definately be the "it" topic of the off season.

Don't know what happened to the Braves, they certainly have all the pieces.

Do you really think NY will keep him? Or better yet, will he want to stay? It'll definately be the "it" topic of the off season.

Don't know what happened to the Braves, they certainly have all the pieces.

Did I miss something??? Weren't the Red Sox winning this game 10-1 at some point?

Yeah, then the 6th inning happened. DiceK fell off the map. Then Lopez came in. He had nothing. MDC came in and got out of the inning thanks to a diving catch by Ellsbury otherwise the Jays would've tied it up.

We might need another touchdown.