The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

When that happened, I thought of you immediately and wondered how bad the booing was. They need to keep Yoooouuuk in the line up right after JDPoo so the Yooooouuuuks will drown out the boooos.

There was a smattering of boos every time he came up, but it would've been interesting to see what kind of response he got if he had had another at bat.

A few pics I took:

The view from our seats in the LF corner

P9060893.jpg

Papi at the dish

P9060892.jpg

Sox win!

P9060907.jpg

Great pics! Ive sat in that same left field corner only up in the third level.

Nice bench clearing moment by Daniel Cabrerra, I've never seen the players jump over the bull pen like that. I actually feel bad for Trembly. He's taken over a dismal situation in Baltimore and really seems to want to turn it around. Maybe a fresh start next season will help.

Great pics! Ive sat in that same left field corner only up in the third level.

Nice bench clearing moment by Daniel Cabrerra, I've never seen the players jump over the bull pen like that. I actually feel bad for Trembly. He's taken over a dismal situation in Baltimore and really seems to want to turn it around. Maybe a fresh start next season will help.

Nice bench clearing moment by Daniel Cabrerra, I've never seen the players jump over the bull pen like that.

So thats what that was about. Gameday just had "On-field Delay" on there for the longest time and I was wondering what the heck was happening.

So thats what that was about. Gameday just had "On-field Delay" on there for the longest time and I was wondering what the heck was happening.

Cabrerra got called for a balk which allowed Coco to come home for another run. Cabrerra was pissed off and threw the next pitch at Pedroia's head. The umpire immediately went off on him, Cabrerra screamed back, the Sox dug out cleared, the O's dugout cleared and the bull pens emptied out onto the field. Cabrerra threw down his glove, untucked his shirt and tried to take on the entire Red Sox team. Tavarez, of all people, came out and tried to calm Cabrerra down but Cabrerra got thrown out of the game (duh) after a lengthy fight by Trembly with the umpire. The O's announcers couldn't believe what Cabrerra had done and said there most likely will be a suspension for him.

Anyway, Lester's had a good outing and deserves the win. He's looking a little better each time out now.

In other news, John Smoltz blew a no hitter in the top of the eighth for the Braves. Too bad for him.

Cabrerra got called for a balk which allowed Coco to come home for another run. Cabrerra was pissed off and threw the next pitch at Pedroia's head. The umpire immediately went off on him, Cabrerra screamed back, the Sox dug out cleared, the O's dugout cleared and the bull pens emptied out onto the field. Cabrerra threw down his glove, untucked his shirt and tried to take on the entire Red Sox team. Tavarez, of all people, came out and tried to calm Cabrerra down but Cabrerra got thrown out of the game (duh) after a lengthy fight by Trembly with the umpire. The O's announcers couldn't believe what Cabrerra had done and said there most likely will be a suspension for him.

Anyway, Lester's had a good outing and deserves the win. He's looking a little better each time out now.

In other news, John Smoltz blew a no hitter in the top of the eighth for the Braves. Too bad for him.

Lester looked great last night. I'd love to see a rotation next year of:

Beckett

Dice

Lester

Buchholz

Wake/Schill

I really want to see both Lester and Buc in the rotation. I really hope that Theo holds onto Lester and doesn't shop him in the offseason.

I also want to see Mike Lowell back, and Lugo stay at short until Jed Lowrie is ready to come up (maybe '09-'10 season time frame). I don't like Lugo and think that Cabrera or Gonzalez would be 100 times better but I don't want to sign another shortstop longterm when we have a guy in the minors who is supposed to be pretty good. I don't want ARod on the Sox though. I think getting Papi 100% healthy before the season starts will pick up his numbers and Manny's to where they were 2003-2006.

I keep pulling for Drew to come through because of all his talent, but he just keeps failing in every freaking aspect of the game. I think that Coco will be moved in the offseason and Drew will stay next season because of his contract. Ellsbury is killing it in CF right now, he and Buc are the real deal. Drew can't really get any worse though so maybe this was just an adjustment season, remember Beckett last year?? I know I'm reaching here, but I think Drew is here to stay so why not make the best of it.

Okay, you can have Kasmir, but we'll keep KaZmir :P

It's hard being a Rays fan haha....

I will listen to Kasmir by Led Zeppelin :lol:

seriously as a Sox fan (Dodgers as well :blink: )

I would Not like to see Kasmir (whatver his spelling is) with NY. I think he would be awesome

there, with that offense and being a lefty who dominates the Sox.

as for being a Rays fan; God Bless you. Thank God for the Lightning and Bucs as you have seen some

recent Championships and good play. have the Rays even won more than 70 game in one year?

I do not think so

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/TBD/''>http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/TBD/' target="_blank">http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/TBD/[/post]

There best team was 04 with a 70-91 record. As a Sox and Dodger fan I have been spoiled over the years

seeing many playoff teams and World Series wins in 81, 88 and of course 04 ;)

I've liked Kazmir ever since the Mets got him some years ago. I would definetly like to see Kazmir in pinstripes.

Wang

Pettitte

Kazmir

Hughes

Kennedy

Bruney, Britton, Vizcaino, Ramirez, Joba, and Mo (that's our current bullpen, and I haven't looked around and try to notice other relievers, although I should.)

I'm guessing Mo will stay, but if he doesn't then I assume Joba will replace him if they grab another closer somewhere else.

(Notice, I did not add Igawa. What a huge disappointment he was for us. He was the Asian Jose Contreras. Jose pitched great in 2005 and helped the ChiSox win, but couldn't get it done here for us. I'm guessing Cashmoney is going to trade him off somewhere in the offseason)

I've liked Kazmir ever since the Mets got him some years ago. I would definetly like to see Kazmir in pinstripes.

Wang

Pettitte

Kazmir

Hughes

Kennedy

Bruney, Britton, Vizcaino, Ramirez, Joba, and Mo (that's our current bullpen, and I haven't looked around and try to notice other relievers, although I should.)

I'm guessing Mo will stay, but if he doesn't then I assume Joba will replace him if they grab another closer somewhere else.

(Notice, I did not add Igawa. What a huge disappointment he was for us. He was the Asian Jose Contreras. Jose pitched great in 2005 and helped the ChiSox win, but couldn't get it done here for us. I'm guessing Cashmoney is going to trade him off somewhere in the offseason)

Joba is a starter and that's where he'll likely be next year. Our rotation is gonna look more like this:

Wang

Santana

Pettite

Chamberlain

Hughes

A-Rod just hit HR number 50: NYY 4, KC 0, Top 4th.

EDIT: Make that HR number 51. Get out the bucket brigade, this man is on fire! NYY 8, KC 2, top 6th.

Joba is a starter and that's where he'll likely be next year. Our rotation is gonna look more like this:

Wang

Santana

Pettite

Chamberlain

Hughes

As much as I would love to have Santana, he's not coming here next year. His contract doesnt expire until the following year. And if Mo leaves, I'm willing to bet they'd keep Joba as the closer.

G IP H R HR BB SO W L Sv P/GS WHIP BAA ERA

11 14.1 7 0 0 4 18 1 0 0 0.0 0.77 .143 0.00

Now granted, it's 14 innings. First time here, no one really knows him yet, they're not familiar with him, and eventually later on, people would learn how to hit off of him.... but if our starting rotation looks solid next season, and Mo doesn't return, closer. Papelbon, Mariano, Smoltz... all starters turned closers.

And with Arod homering like that, he's going to cost us alot of dinero.

Edit: Good gracious!!! 11-4 Baltimore vs Boston... didn't even bother looking at the score because I figured Boston would devour them.

Dice-K had a tough outing. Time to get that boy some rest, its not like we don't have plenty of backup.

The magic number stays at 17.

Dice-K had a tough outing. Time to get that boy some rest, its not like we don't have plenty of backup.

The magic number stays at 17.

Beckett and Wang going for 18. The Wild Card is win/win for us right now.. although I would like to see as much of a gap as possible (as I'm sure Sox Nation would like to see as much of a gap as possible in the East as well, ;) .. )

But either way, the Sox have a good club, if not great. The Yanks are finally starting to explore within their system to get some more players (Cano, Wang, Kennedy, Hughes, Joba, Duncan, Melky), and if the faces stay with the same places, it should be a great couple of years ahead of us with these two teams.

Anyone know where we can find the current contracts and when they expire for teams/players?

A-Rod now has 52 home runs, as he crushed one in the first inning of the game today. NYY 3, KC 0, Bottom 4th. Chien-Ming Wang is looking for his MLB-leading 18th win. It's nice to know that we've got likely picks for the AL MVP and the AL Cy Young Award both in our clubhouse.

I wonder.... Parks and stadiums with fountains, rivers, etc... did they place those there so they could secretly make the opposing players feel like they have to go urinate? Or maybe it was to make the fans go urinate, stop, buy another drink, repeat. I'm sitting here watching the Royals and Yanks, and everytime I hear/see the fountains... you know.

Nice game for Beckett today. Win #18 and counting!!

Last night was tough though. I don't see why Francoma continues to try and rest his pen every chance he gets, but won't ever let a starter miss a start unless they have a physical ailment other than they are just tired. Dice K has fallen back on his fastball (much like Beckett did last year) when he gets into tough situations. He has numerous pitches and the key eariler in the year was that hitters couldn't lock into Dice's pattern on the mound. Now they know it is going to be fastball after fastball or maybe a cutter or something mixed in.

His next start is against the Yanks, if they pull any closer before Friday and Dice throws some good side sessions, then I say you start Dice K. If he still isn't getting the best movement on his other pitches, then you wait a start and get him some rest and then send him back out to get geared up for the playoffs. Again, Dice is just a rookie and has never pitched int he USA like this before and has never pitched every 5th day. We've seen how good he can be when he's on and I think after a full winter of conditioning we will get the guy who was a consistent ace in Japan.

A-Rod now has 52 home runs, as he crushed one in the first inning of the game today. NYY 3, KC 0, Bottom 4th. Chien-Ming Wang is looking for his MLB-leading 18th win. It's nice to know that we've got likely picks for the AL MVP and the AL Cy Young Award both in our clubhouse.

So I guess you missed Beckett's 18th win today.

So I guess you missed Beckett's 18th win today.

Kazmir is killing us tonight, 10 strikeouts so far and its only the 7th. Thank goodness its only 1-0.

Kazmir is killing us tonight, 10 strikeouts so far and its only the 7th. Thank goodness its only 1-0.

Spoke too soon? :lol:

Tampa Bay just showed how pathetic they really are tonight in blowing an 8-1 lead vs Boston

I feel bad for the fans of that team. They suck and until they acually get some pitching, they will always be at least 4th behind the Yanks, Sox (flipped sometimes), and Blue Jays. The Orioles are pathetic as well but have at least won more than 70 games in a season, during the last 10 years