The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

You added an extra "not". Please remove it or I'll be forced to spam this topic. We all know you can't thank Toronto without thanking me.

I think thanking Toronto was enough. And I really meant it.

Still a good game by Kennedy. 1 ER through 7 innings for the kid. Pettitte vs Dice K.... I have 6 hours to clean the house, then it's game time. Cannot wait. USA Today had a good cover story on the Sox and Yanks, and how they've reverted to their youth to bring them back up to par. Not bad.

Still a good game by Kennedy. 1 ER through 7 innings for the kid. Pettitte vs Dice K.... I have 6 hours to clean the house, then it's game time. Cannot wait. USA Today had a good cover story on the Sox and Yanks, and how they've reverted to their youth to bring them back up to par. Not bad.

ESPN magazine had an interesting article. It was mainly about the Sox but Bill Simmons referfed to the fact that The Yankees and the Red Sox are so similar now in every way. I wish I could find a link, I'll keep looking.

ESPN magazine had an interesting article. It was mainly about the Sox but Bill Simmons referfed to the fact that The Yankees and the Red Sox are so similar now in every way. I wish I could find a link, I'll keep looking.

I guess they are similar. Man.. I'm so... giddy. I cant wait for tonight. It's like, this series will either add fueld to our fire, or it will knock us out of the East, AND the Wild Card.

I guess they are similar. Man.. I'm so... giddy. I cant wait for tonight. It's like, this series will either add fueld to our fire, or it will knock us out of the East, AND the Wild Card.

as long as NY wins at least one game, it will not get knocked out of the wild card

Pettite vs. Matsuzaka is the only one that I can say with total confidence that we'll win. Beckett vs. Wang will be decided simply by who makes the one mistake. Schilling vs. Clemens...who knows?

my freakin Drays blew another lead last night. at least we had a good fight against the red sox. i think we need to start selling our lack of skill, if teams start giving us money, we'll let their leaders hit that extra homer or get another double just to boost their stats, and after 3 years we'll have enough money to buy whoever the heck we want.

TSA, the links online too I guess.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=3017690''>http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=3017690' target="_blank">http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=3017690[/post]

And as far as we're sure to win any of them, who truly knows...... DiceK still has good stuff... Schilling is losing his, but so is Rocket, and Beckett and Wang should be a low scoring, awesome game.

That wasn't the article I was talking about but that one was pretty good too.

Round 1 goes to you guys :( . I really thought Pettitte would beat DiceK, not that your bullpen would beat ours :o .

TSA, the links online too I guess.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=3017690''>http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=3017690' target="_blank">http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=3017690[/post]

And as far as we're sure to win any of them, who truly knows...... DiceK still has good stuff... Schilling is losing his, but so is Rocket, and Beckett and Wang should be a low scoring, awesome game.

That wasn't the article I was talking about but that one was pretty good too.

Round 1 goes to you guys :( . I really thought Pettitte would beat DiceK, not that your bullpen would beat ours :o .

I had to admit, I gave up. I watched until the bottom of the 7th inning, then went and surfed the net, played guitar, some MLB 07, came out to see if the Sox beat the Yanks 9 to 3 or something, and watched as the bottom half of the 8 started and saw the score 8-7... I wsa like "WHAT!?!?!?!" My wife complained that I turned the channel on her, she was watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High... "You gave up watching, so now I'm watching something"... still saw the bottom of the 9th.

It seems like when we're losing, I'm watching the game. I turn if off, switch to something else for a while, and we've tied it or winning. It's Catch 22. I watch, we lose. We win, but I don't get to see.. :( Maybe it'll be different on FOX.

Good job last night with the Dodgers, medford. I was hoping we'd snag Nomar last off season, with us needing a first basemen at the time. And the Cubbies extend the lead over the Cards.. (and hopefully the Brewers, although I'd be happy with either Brews or Cubs making it)

Whew...that was more like it, the Sox really needed that game today. Tommorrow should prove to be a very dramatic game between Clemens/Schilling. Both are aging, losing some of their effectiveness but are playing pretty well. Hopefully the Sox keep the same game plan and chase Clemens out early like they did Pettitte and Wang. I think Chamberlain and Mariano are the only pitchers left in the bull pen for the Yanks so Roger is going to have to give at least 6. No more bean-ball please :rolleyes:. Neither team can afford an injury.

Beckett was clutch and is continuing to make his case for the Cy Young.

Whew...that was more like it, the Sox really needed that game today. Tommorrow should prove to be a very dramatic game between Clemens/Schilling. Both are aging, losing some of their effectiveness but are playing pretty well. Hopefully the Sox keep the same game plan and chase Clemens out early like they did Pettitte and Wang. I think Chamberlain and Mariano are the only pitchers left in the bull pen for the Yanks so Roger is going to have to give at least 6. No more bean-ball please :rolleyes:. Neither team can afford an injury.

Beckett was clutch and is continuing to make his case for the Cy Young.

Friday's game was horrible. Dice K really looks kind of fatigued (he's supposed to go through some Winter workouts to beef up his strength to be able to pitch every 5th day consistently), but if you take away Lugo's first inning error then he could've pitched 6-7 innings of 1 run ball against the Yanks. Oki has really not been very good since we got Gagne. Oki was in a pattern and then was ripped out of his pattern so I put all his struggles on Theo and Francona. He's gonna bounce back though.

Beckett was straight filthy today though. He's the Cy Young no question. Drew delivered, Ellsbury is the REAL DEAL, Papi and Lowell anchored the middle of the order and Hinske is one of my favorite players now (Posada might still be seeing stars). I don't think Wang meant to hit Youk, but I'm so glad that Beckett retaliated against Giambroid!!

Tomorrow is the sort of game where you'd see some sparks fly though. Schill vs. Clemens, Youk got hit, Joba might pitch, rubber game, middle of September..........it's gonna be fun!!

Friday's game was horrible. Dice K really looks kind of fatigued (he's supposed to go through some Winter workouts to beef up his strength to be able to pitch every 5th day consistently), but if you take away Lugo's first inning error then he could've pitched 6-7 innings of 1 run ball against the Yanks. Oki has really not been very good since we got Gagne. Oki was in a pattern and then was ripped out of his pattern so I put all his struggles on Theo and Francona. He's gonna bounce back though.

Beckett was straight filthy today though. He's the Cy Young no question. Drew delivered, Ellsbury is the REAL DEAL, Papi and Lowell anchored the middle of the order and Hinske is one of my favorite players now (Posada might still be seeing stars). I don't think Wang meant to hit Youk, but I'm so glad that Beckett retaliated against Giambroid!!

Tomorrow is the sort of game where you'd see some sparks fly though. Schill vs. Clemens, Youk got hit, Joba might pitch, rubber game, middle of September..........it's gonna be fun!!

Funny thing is, with all the drama of the Yanks/Sox game, and the recent drama of the Patriots who coincidentally will also be on network primetime TV at the same time, all eyes will be focused on Boston to see if their teams can handle all the pressure or will crumble. As a Boston sports fan, tonight is what I live for and I'll be sure to say an extra prayer of thanks at church for the person who invented the DVR and Tivo ;) .

Side note: Posada went to the hospital after the game, concussion maybe? Hopefully not. You could defintely tell that Hinske was a former football player.

Funny thing is, with all the drama of the Yanks/Sox game, and the recent drama of the Patriots who coincidentally will also be on network primetime TV at the same time, all eyes will be focused on Boston to see if their teams can handle all the pressure or will crumble. As a Boston sports fan, tonight is what I live for and I'll be sure to say an extra prayer of thanks at church for the person who invented the DVR and Tivo ;) .

Side note: Posada went to the hospital after the game, concussion maybe? Hopefully not. You could defintely tell that Hinske was a former football player.

Man... Wang was rocked last night. I bet though after being embarrased 10-1 , the Yanks will come out swinging against Schilling. What I would do is make him work. Try to make him throw as much as possible, and get to the bullpen. Get to Okajima, Gagne, Delcarmen.

Yanks upcoming schedule:

@ Bal, @ Tor, vs DRays, vs Baltimore

Sox upcoming schedule:

@ Tor, @ Drays, vs Oak, vs Min

Tor and Rays could be thorns for us, depending on who's pitching.

I don't know, how's the schedule looking for Sox Nation? I know Rays are thorns on your side as well. But what about Tor, Oak and Min?

Good game. Loved that AB Dustin put together against Rivera. If only we could just skip 8th innings against the Yankees.

Sox get the Jays next. We'll have to face Burnett on Tuesday, but fortunately we miss Halladay. So as it stands, the magic number is 9. We're up 4 in the loss column. Sox have 12 games to go, the Yanks have 13. NY now owns the tiebreaker since they won the season series, so the Sox will have to win it outright.

I don't know, how's the schedule looking for Sox Nation? I know Rays are thorns on your side as well. But what about Tor, Oak and Min?

Sox records against those teams:

Toronto: 9-6

Tampa: 11-4 (feels like its been much closer than that, lol)

Oakland: 2-4

Minny: 2-1

Good game. Loved that AB Dustin put together against Rivera. If only we could just skip 8th innings against the Yankees.

Pedroia makes his case for Rookie of the year night after night. He's become my favorite player to watch cause he may only be 5'9'' but he plays with so much heart.

Question to Mike Lowell: "Why do you think other teams go after Kevin Youkilous with pitches like they do?"

Answer: "For the same reason we all do, he's an emotional guy"

Pedroia makes his case for Rookie of the year night after night. He's become my favorite player to watch cause he may only be 5'9'' but he plays with so much heart.

Question to Mike Lowell: "Why do you think other teams go after Kevin Youkilous with pitches like they do?"

Answer: "For the same reason we all do, he's an emotional guy"