The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

We can't hit. We can't hold a lead. We'll make the PO's because Detriot has started sucking too, but unless Beckett magically becomes able to start every game, we're going nowhere. I feel like we should be reenacting that locker room scene from Bull Durham right now:

Francona: You guys. You lollygag the ball around the infield. You lollygag your way down to first. You lollygag in and out of the dugout. You know what that makes you? Brad!

Brad Mills: Lollygaggers!

Francona: Lollygaggers. What's our record Brad?

Mills: 90 and 63

Francona: 90 and 63. How did we ever win 90?

Mills: Its a miracle.

Francona: ITS A MIRACLE!

^^^funny stuff, we could use some humor about now.

I for one am thrilled they're not playing tonight.

^^^funny stuff, we could use some humor about now.

I for one am thrilled they're not playing tonight.

Neither will NY. I'd like for NY to continue it's streak of winning east titles until we surpass the Braves... but I wouldn't be too upset if we got in with the Wild Card as well.

Man... talk about keeping it tight. Coming back in the 9th, going into the 13th now..

Yeah, when we left te RBC center the Yanks were losing 4-0 and we thought we were gonna have the perfect trifecta: Canes-win, Sox-win and Yanks-lose.

Impressive comeback but its still going on now, I'm getting tired :(

Man... talk about keeping it tight. Coming back in the 9th, going into the 13th now..

Yeah, when we left te RBC center the Yanks were losing 4-0 and we thought we were gonna have the perfect trifecta: Canes-win, Sox-win and Yanks-lose.

Impressive comeback but its still going on now, I'm getting tired :(

Tough loss Caniac23 but I have to admit, I'm pretty happy about it. :P

Got a question...

Does the home team have the last opportunity for the pitcher/batter match up? Like when the Yanks looked like they were sending Shelly Duncan to the plate, the Blue Jays countered that with a pitcher change, but then the Yanks sent Bettemin instead. So does the home team have match up advantage, kinda like last line change in hockey?

Got a question...

Does the home team have the last opportunity for the pitcher/batter match up? Like when the Yanks looked like they were sending Shelly Duncan to the plate, the Blue Jays countered that with a pitcher change, but then the Yanks sent Bettemin instead. So does the home team have match up advantage, kinda like last line change in hockey?

Got a question...

I figured they can both keep making those back and forth subs as many times as necessary. Never heard of any kind of restrictions on it.

Color me shocked the Jays got off the mat and won that game. And just when I was ready to berate them for doing everything to screw us 4 days in a row. Gregg Zaun, you're my hero.

I figured they can both keep making those back and forth subs as many times as necessary. Never heard of any kind of restrictions on it.

Color me shocked the Jays got off the mat and won that game. Gregg Zaun, you're my hero.

Warbird, we had the perfect trifecta :D

In other news: Bonds will not be returning to the Giant for '08.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070921&content_id=2222175&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb' target="_blank">http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article....sp&c_id=mlb[/post]

Color me shocked the Jays got off the mat and won that game. Gregg Zaun, you're my hero.

Warbird, we had the perfect trifecta :D

In other news: Bonds will not be returning to the Giant for '08.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070921&content_id=2222175&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb' target="_blank">http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article....sp&c_id=mlb[/post]

Brian Bruney... ugh. Like warbird said, probably switch out as many times as you want to a degree. Kennedy wont start tonight, so Clemens gets bumped up a night. Let's see how that goes. :rolleyes:

Edit: Scratch that. Hughes is pitching tonight. Hopefully he has good control tonight..

Wohoo! After the Yanks scored 4 runs in the 7th, I thought we had won it.. went out for dinner, come back, check ESPN.com scores.. 11 tied, bottom of 10th, runners at corners, and Melky singles in Damon... man... come on Gagne, do what we're payin- er.... man... how bout those Sox, huh? ;)

Edit: I seriously think the Rays like the Sox. That, or the Sox are paying the Rays to blow games when we need RSNation to lose.... hmm..

Sox come from behind to clinch a spot in the post season!!!! Woooo-hoooooo!

And JD Drew went 2-4 with a homerun? Tek went 3 for 3? Gagne (gag me) gets a win???

Now, about home field advantage..........

Sorry about the Tigers but it helped our case.

And JD Drew went 2-4 with a homerun? Tek went 3 for 3? Gagne (gag me) gets a win???

Interesting night for me. We were ahead 5-3, then I had to go out for awhile. When I got back it was 8-6 and Paps was in, so as far as I knew, nothing extraordinary happened. At least I saved myself some stress.

If champagne is for when you clinch a division/pennant/whatever, what do you do when you just clinch a playoff spot?

Root beer? O'Douls?

Interesting night for me. We were ahead 5-3, then I had to go out for awhile. When I got back it was 8-6 and Paps was in, so as far as I knew, nothing extraordinary happened. At least I saved myself some stress.

If champagne is for when you clinch a division/pennant/whatever, what do you do when you just clinch a playoff spot?

Root beer? O'Douls?

Kneel down and kiss the ground cause Gagne didn't blow another one ;) .

Root beer? O'Douls?

Kneel down and kiss the ground cause Gagne didn't blow another one ;) .

In other news: Bonds will not be returning to the Giant ...

Considering that Baroid's "team" has been hanging out in the NL West's cellar all season long, it's as if there has been only one San Francisco Giant on the roster! :P

Jan/GSBG

WOO HOO!!! Post season '07, here come the Sox!!

Dice K looked okay. He was great through 5 innings, but Upton was out at first, called safe and scored TB's 3rd run. Then Lopez coughs up a homer the next inning. If Francona would finally manage a good game (realize that Lopez is better against righties, and please use your best BP guys in a big game.....Lopez and Gagne??? c'mon) then Dice would've gone about 6-7 innings giving up about 2-3 runs.

With Manny/Youk back soon and Drew and Lugo heating up then we should get a nice push into October. Now let's get that division baby!!

Unless there is some super secret injury in the BP that we don't know about, why is Gagne so important to how we'll do in the post season?

Also, what ever became of Brendan Donnelly? Did he end up have Tommy-John surgery?