The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Unless there is some super secret injury in the BP that we don't know about, why is Gagne so important to how we'll do in the post season?

Also, what ever became of Brendan Donnelly? Did he end up have Tommy-John surgery?

Edit: I seriously think the Rays like the Sox. That, or the Sox are paying the Rays to blow games when we need RSNation to lose.... hmm..

Well since Gagne appears to be on the Yanks payroll, we'll have to keep the Rays on ours, LOL.

Edit: I seriously think the Rays like the Sox. That, or the Sox are paying the Rays to blow games when we need RSNation to lose.... hmm..

Well since Gagne appears to be on the Yanks payroll, we'll have to keep the Rays on ours, LOL.

I just hope the 2 remaining series are winning series for us. Buddy's going to St. Pete to see Wakefield pitch against the Rays. He's hoping for another strong lead, while I'm hoping for 1 and a 1/2 games behind. Would be nice to have it come down to the last game of the season to determine who gets the east.

Apparently Aaron Hill is also on the Yanks payroll. He cost the Jays a game and nearly cost them the game Friday as well. Seriously though, I really hope the Rays and O's don't get much better in the offseason because the Sox feast on them. They always have trouble with the Jays though, while the Yanks seem to roll over the Jays and have trouble with the Rays.

And yeah, Donnelly had Tommy John and is out until ST next year. Also I think the only reason that Coma keeps using Gagne is because he knows that Theo looks like an idiot for getting him and giving up some prospects. I mean if Gagne gets out of of his funk (or Steinbrenner's pocket) then the Sox have another BP guy, if not it isn't any big deal. I really hope that he doesn't make the Playoff roster though.

Okajima has been tired lately and probably won't pitch a bunch up until the playoffs, same goes for Dice K. If Dice K can get rested then he should be dynamite in the playoffs. He and Oki were so good until the season started to really take a toll on them.

BOOO! Haha, just kidding. Last night i was at the game and it was pretty darn fun despite the BoSox pulling a rabbit out of their hat in the 9th. I have to admit, there are a lot of nice Red Sox fans compared to the cocky Yankee fans that show up haha. A lot of people started booing when they put Gagne in. I think its funny how everyone boo's J.D. Drew, but when he hits a HR everyone loves him to death. But hey, they wouldn't be the Red Sox if they don't scare their fans at some point during the season :lol:

Congrats to Carlos Pena on # 41 and #42 last night!

Buddys mad. He thought they would redo the ninth like they did last night. Joba with the save for the Yanks... I guess there goes the Joba Rule... 1 and a 1/2 behind in the east again... we win tomorrow, 1 game behind. Man... we really need this now.

BOOO! Haha, just kidding. Last night i was at the game and it was pretty darn fun despite the BoSox pulling a rabbit out of their hat in the 9th. I have to admit, there are a lot of nice Red Sox fans compared to the cocky Yankee fans that show up haha. A lot of people started booing when they put Gagne in. I think its funny how everyone boo's J.D. Drew, but when he hits a HR everyone loves him to death. But hey, they wouldn't be the Red Sox if they don't scare their fans at some point during the season :lol:

Congrats to Carlos Pena on # 41 and #42 last night!

Man, Pena has had a great year. 42 homers, 116 RBI'S, OBP .399 and only cost the Ray 800k.

J.D. Drew: 10 HR's, 57 RBI's, OBP .366 and cost the Sox 14.4 mil this year. Pena should have a nice contract next time around. (Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Yanks or Mets uni. Or Tampa. )

The Angels just wrapped up the AL West less than five minutes ago, beating the Seattle Mariners 7-4. The Halos' win was the first time they'd cliched their division's championship at home since 1986.

Jan/GSBG

I had them picked to win the World Series in May. I still think its their year although I'd love it to be Boston's.

The Angels just wrapped up the AL West less than five minutes ago, beating the Seattle Mariners 7-4. The Halos' win was the first time they'd cliched their division's championship at home since 1986.

Jan/GSBG

I had them picked to win the World Series in May. I still think its their year although I'd love it to be Boston's.

It'd be nice for the Halos to win the trophy, but -- as a 34-year MLB fan -- I've long ago dropped the habit of proclaiming a given team's year to be "theirs."

The Pads keep on burning me badly, and have ever since the mid-'70s. (Case in point: The teams back then, believe it or not, had a boatload of young talent that didn't do anything, other than HOFer Dave Winfield. During my high school years, I can't remember how often I told my classmates that 1976/77/76/79 was "gonna be the year for my Pads." Yeah, right. :mellow:) A few weeks ago, a Padre fan wrote to the official website's Q&A guy, proclaiming that this year's squad "had pretty much locked up" a postseason berth; by now, the club's on the cusp of losing a wild-card spot. :(

That's why I keep my powder dry about my teams. It's the old cliche in action: Be enthusiastic ... but never put the cart before the horse.

Jan/GSBG

It'd be nice for the Halos to win the trophy, but -- as a 34-year MLB fan -- I've long ago dropped the habit of proclaiming a given team's year to be "theirs."

The Pads keep on burning me badly, and have ever since the mid-'70s. (Case in point: The teams back then, believe it or not, had a boatload of young talent that didn't do anything, other than HOFer Dave Winfield. During my high school years, I can't remember how often I told my classmates that 1976/77/76/79 was "gonna be the year for my Pads." Yeah, right. :mellow:) A few weeks ago, a Padre fan wrote to the official website's Q&A guy, proclaiming that this year's squad "had pretty much locked up" a postseason berth; by now, the club's on the cusp of losing a wild-card spot. :(

That's why I keep my powder dry about my teams. It's the old cliche in action: Be enthusiastic ... but never put the cart before the horse.

Jan/GSBG

Thats exactly why you'll never hear me saying that its the Red Sox's year. I don't want to be the one held responsible for that train wreck :o , LOL. I have no problem saying that about the Halos though, cause I have nothing but a small wager invested in them.

Jan/GSBG

Thats exactly why you'll never hear me saying that its the Red Sox's year. I don't want to be the one held responsible for that train wreck :o , LOL. I have no problem saying that about the Halos though, cause I have nothing but a small wager invested in them.

I would like the Yanks to continue... or the Mets/Cubs or Brewers

Continue what?

Thank you Toronto, we'll take all the breathing room we can get.

I would like the Yanks to continue... or the Mets/Cubs or Brewers

Continue what?

Man the Jays helped us out almost in spite of themselves. Between shutting down Vernon Wells just in time for this series, Aaron Hill's fielding exploits, and then scratching Burnett today, I never would have expected this.

Well... continue winning... but that stopped today. ;) I'm hoping we can sweep Tampa while Oakland gives the sox some trouble. At least 2 games worth of trouble. But, that's just hope. Schilling, Lester and Beckett will say different.

BTW LightningBug, at the Rays game they showed Vinny and Brad Richards in the stands watching the game... I don't anybody recognized them. :P

Strange game tonight? I didn't tune in until the 8th when Gag-me...I mean Gagne was in. Francona smartened up and gave him the hook for Papelbon but Papelbon only came in for one out?

Pedroia is a beast and has a knack for some really clutch fielding when needed. Rookie of the year-without question.

Magic number down to 4.

Tampa/Yanks tied at 6???? What happened there, someone at work told me the Yanks were up 5-0?

Strange game tonight? I didn't tune in until the 8th when Gag-me...I mean Gagne was in. Francona smartened up and gave him the hook for Papelbon but Papelbon only came in for one out?

Pedroia is a beast and has a knack for some really clutch fielding when needed. Rookie of the year-without question.

Magic number down to 4.

Tampa/Yanks tied at 6???? What happened there, someone at work told me the Yanks were up 5-0?

Igawa and his control is what happened. And Bruney.

Is Roger shut down or just resting? :P

Thank you DRays!!!!!!!