The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Igawa and his control is what happened. And Bruney.

Is Roger shut down or just resting? :P

Thank you DRays!!!!!!!

freakin navarro. Couldnt muster any offense with us, but beat us... have to win someother time... good bye division. Hate the rays!! :angry:

freakin navarro. Couldnt muster any offense with us, but beat us... have to win someother time... good bye division. Hate the rays!! :angry:

Kinda how we feel about the Jays.

Kinda how we feel about the Jays.

BTW LightningBug, at the Rays game they showed Vinny and Brad Richards in the stands watching the game... I don't anybody recognized them. :P

Haha, I watched the first couple innings and changed it when it was 0-5 Yanks so I didn't see Vinny or Brad. Were they in the black seats behind home plate? They don't usually fill up there and they're like $200 per game so maybe no one could get a chance to reconize them haha.

Come on, you're a Devil Ray fan when the Red Sox play them haha! Anyways, way to go Navarro in the 10th for the walk off HR for the Rays! Woooo!

Lugo vs. Lugo- round #2 -Goes to Ruddy, Julio pops out to center. (round #1 went to Julio)

I think the team that bats last will win this one...fortunately for the Sox, they have their lasts.

Is it possible that Gagme could blow an 11-5 lead??????

Lugo vs. Lugo- round #2 -Goes to Ruddy, Julio pops out to center. (round #1 went to Julio)

I think the team that bats last will win this one...fortunately for the Sox, they have their lasts.

Is it possible that Gagme could blow an 11-5 lead??????

magic number for Sox is 2 if the Yanks dont lose.

Looks good to me. Cano just made it 8-1. I don't mind the Yanks winning....as long as the Sox are too ;)

How awesome would Carlos Pena look in red :D

magic number for Sox is 2 if the Yanks dont lose.

Looks good to me. Cano just made it 8-1. I don't mind the Yanks winning....as long as the Sox are too ;)

Might as well give you and warbird a congrats on the division. I cant see the Sox losing 3/4 games, and the Yanks winning 3/4 games in a row. It's a possibility, but not a real good one. 9-2 Yanks now... Pena with HR # 43.. most Rays RBIs in Franchise history.

Not as good as he'd look in pinstripes. We should have some more room after this offseason. ;)

Might as well give you and warbird a congrats on the division. I cant see the Sox losing 3/4 games, and the Yanks winning 3/4 games in a row. It's a possibility, but not a real good one. 9-2 Yanks now... Pena with HR # 43.. most Rays RBIs in Franchise history.

Awwe, don't throw in the towel yet. Its no fun if there's no battle to the end.

Anything is possible, JD Drew and Gagme are actually playing decent baseball :huh: .

Where would the Yanks be if it wasn't for ARod this season, they be stupid not to re-sign him...unless he wants out.

Awwe, don't throw in the towel yet. Its no fun if there's no battle to the end.

Anything is possible, JD Drew and Gagme are actually playing decent baseball :huh: .

Where would the Yanks be if it wasn't for ARod this season, they be stupid not to re-sign him...unless he wants out.

No no no... not throwing in the towel. You COULD do that in the post season you know.. ;) I would like to think that we could have 10 straight division titles... but if we only get wild card and win the World Series... I guess I could settle for that. B)

12-2 Yanks... pop open the champagne..

No no no... not throwing in the towel. You COULD do that in the post season you know.. ;) I would like to think that we could have 10 straight division titles... but if we only get wild card and win the World Series... I guess I could settle for that. B)

Champagne? Save that for New Years Eve. :P

Champagne? Save that for New Years Eve. :P

Barring something unforeseen it looks like the AL matchups will be Yankees @ Indians and Angels @ Red Sox. I'm pretty sure Anaheim is now locked into the #3 seed, just a matter of seeing whether the Sox finish ahead of Cleveland, though the LDS matchups will be the same regardless.

Of course everything is still up in the air over in the NL

Not as good as he'd look in pinstripes. We should have some more room after this offseason. ;)

HEY! Now you're messing with me! Pena better stay a devil ray! I'll be pissed if Tampa doesn't shell out the money or at least offer him $10-13 mil. I want to at least see the Rays make a legit offer to him. Tampa better put some money into their bullpen if they don't resign Carlos. Red Sox had their chance with Carlos last season and they dumped him.

HEY! Now you're messing with me! Pena better stay a devil ray! I'll be pissed if Tampa doesn't shell out the money or at least offer him $10-13 mil. I want to at least see the Rays make a legit offer to him. Tampa better put some money into their bullpen if they don't resign Carlos. Red Sox had their chance with Carlos last season and they dumped him.

Hey Lightningbug, you'd probably look pretty good in red too :D

Hey Lightningbug, you'd probably look pretty good in red too :D

If the Sox can win the next game and the Yanks lose then I don't want to see Dice or Oki pitching anymore this season. They've never pitched this much in a season before and about a week of rest would do them wonders. I want to win the best record though, then based on who their opponent is, they'd be able to pick either an 8 or 7 day series option.

Beckett - Cy Young, 'nuff said. ;)

Schilling - He's been GREAT lately and is the best big game pitcher of all time!!

Dice K - Some good rest before his next start would really make him look better.

Wake - I know he hasn't been as good lately, but that knuckler dances in October.

I say put Lester in the pen becuase he's been really inconsistent lately (it's understandable considering a good portion of his offseason workouts were taken up by chemotherapy), as well and Bucholz. I don't want Tavarez or Gagne on the post season roster though. Corey and Lopez have been much better throughout the season. Gagne has looked better lately, but still can't have a clean 1-2-3 inning.