The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

If the Sox can win the next game and the Yanks lose then I don't want to see Dice or Oki pitching anymore this season. They've never pitched this much in a season before and about a week of rest would do them wonders. I want to win the best record though, then based on who their opponent is, they'd be able to pick either an 8 or 7 day series option.

Beckett - Cy Young, 'nuff said. ;)

Schilling - He's been GREAT lately and is the best big game pitcher of all time!!

Dice K - Some good rest before his next start would really make him look better.

Wake - I know he hasn't been as good lately, but that knuckler dances in October.

I say put Lester in the pen becuase he's been really inconsistent lately (it's understandable considering a good portion of his offseason workouts were taken up by chemotherapy), as well and Bucholz. I don't want Tavarez or Gagne on the post season roster though. Corey and Lopez have been much better throughout the season. Gagne has looked better lately, but still can't have a clean 1-2-3 inning.

I wouldn't mind seeing Youk and Papi out for a rest too.

Gagne might be a little better lately but every time he comes out of the bull pen, I still cringe and hold my breath. I imagine the players must feel the same.

If the Sox can win the next game and the Yanks lose then I don't want to see Dice or Oki pitching anymore this season. They've never pitched this much in a season before and about a week of rest would do them wonders. I want to win the best record though, then based on who their opponent is, they'd be able to pick either an 8 or 7 day series option.

Beckett - Cy Young, 'nuff said. ;)

Schilling - He's been GREAT lately and is the best big game pitcher of all time!!

Dice K - Some good rest before his next start would really make him look better.

Wake - I know he hasn't been as good lately, but that knuckler dances in October.

I say put Lester in the pen becuase he's been really inconsistent lately (it's understandable considering a good portion of his offseason workouts were taken up by chemotherapy), as well and Bucholz. I don't want Tavarez or Gagne on the post season roster though. Corey and Lopez have been much better throughout the season. Gagne has looked better lately, but still can't have a clean 1-2-3 inning.

I wouldn't mind seeing Youk and Papi out for a rest too.

Gagne might be a little better lately but every time he comes out of the bull pen, I still cringe and hold my breath. I imagine the players must feel the same.

In the playoffs! Woohoo! If the schedule stays the same, fine... I feel more comfortable against the Indians than the Angels, ANY DAY.

In the playoffs! Woohoo! If the schedule stays the same, fine... I feel more comfortable against the Indians than the Angels, ANY DAY.

Here's my official congrats C23. Your Yanks worked hard and fought back after a dismal first half of the year to get their spot. Pretty impressive....even if it is the Yankees ;) .

Here's my official congrats C23. Your Yanks worked hard and fought back after a dismal first half of the year to get their spot. Pretty impressive....even if it is the Yankees ;) .

Kazmir vs Hughes... very good pitching matchup. I'd love to see Pena AND Kazmir in Pinstripes.

Edit: I want the Yankees to win, without a doubt, and the Sox to lose.... but at the same time... I want Kazmir to get 236 K's for the Year. Great great young pitcher who could be something big with a strong powerful team (Yanks OR Sox)

You'd think Min could hold onto the 5-4 lead going into the ninth with Nathan... 2 on, no out. Either extra innings or game over here for the Sox.. I'm guessing extra innings.

Edit: Thank you Nathan!

You'd think Min could hold onto the 5-4 lead going into the ninth with Nathan... 2 on, no out. Either extra innings or game over here for the Sox.. I'm guessing extra innings.

Shhh, Im trying not to breath here...

That was brutal. Did they leave a total of 5 or 6 guys on in the 8th and 9th. Just brutal..oh well, tomorrow it is.

Shhh, Im trying not to breath here...

That was brutal. Did they leave a total of 5 or 6 guys on in the 8th and 9th. Just brutal..oh well, tomorrow it is.

Could it be?? Is there a chance of us retaining our title?!?!? We'll have to wait and see.. 8) Tomorrow is Sport Jersery day at school... I do not have a real jersey... just a BrindAmour 17 t-shirt, and a Yankees blank jersey-like shirt.. Wouldn't mind have a Jeter, Melky, or Joba shirt for Yanks. I'll have to wait and see for Arod, and see if he stays or goes.

(And yes, of course we have to sign him, but 30 mil a year?!?! Ask yourself... would you want Red Sox paying that to Arod if he had 1 outstanding year that put up record numbers for your club since the greats of yester-year? What if he goes back to 05-06 type Arod where he's good.. but not great. Why is everyone great in their last year of their contract?)

Could it be?? Is there a chance of us retaining our title?!?!? We'll have to wait and see.. 8) Tomorrow is Sport Jersery day at school... I do not have a real jersey... just a BrindAmour 17 t-shirt, and a Yankees blank jersey-like shirt.. Wouldn't mind have a Jeter, Melky, or Joba shirt for Yanks. I'll have to wait and see for Arod, and see if he stays or goes.

(And yes, of course we have to sign him, but 30 mil a year?!?! Ask yourself... would you want Red Sox paying that to Arod if he had 1 outstanding year that put up record numbers for your club since the greats of yester-year? What if he goes back to 05-06 type Arod where he's good.. but not great. Why is everyone great in their last year of their contract?)

No, I wouldn't want the Red Sox to pay him but the Yankees can :lol:

No, I wouldn't want the Red Sox to pay him but the Yankees can :lol:

that stinks. It does not look good right now with the inconsistency of this team and the Yanks and Indians on fire.

The NL race is very interstesting. It could be fun with some playoffs.

OMG!!!!!! Is anybody watching this!!!!! They're watching the end of the Yankee game on the jumbo tron in Fenway Park????? Mariano in...bases loaded....Jay Peyton with a double ties the game 9-9 and they go to extra innings!!!!

They have rally caps on for the O's in Fenway, the announcers are calling it "Camden Yards North". :lol:

Going for another trifecta...and the division :D*crosses fingers, toes, arms, legs and anything else*

OMG!!!!!! Is anybody watching this!!!!! They're watching the end of the Yankee game on the jumbo tron in Fenway Park????? Mariano in...bases loaded....Jay Peyton with a double ties the game 9-9 and they go to extra innings!!!!

They have rally caps on for the O's in Fenway, the announcers are calling it "Camden Yards North". :lol:

Going for another trifecta...and the division :D*crosses fingers, toes, arms, legs and anything else*

AL EAST CHAMPS BABY!!!

Thank you Baltimore!

I love this team!!!!! Francona actually looked like he was gonna cry???

On to the post season, they better not start Wednesday....what will we do????????

Alex Cora has taken over the press box and he's playing all their club house music over the PA system in Fenway, Papelbon is dancing to Sweet Caroline on the pitcher's mound and Manny is no where to be found ?

AL EAST CHAMPS BABY!!!

Thank you Baltimore!

I love this team!!!!! Francona actually looked like he was gonna cry???

On to the post season, they better not start Wednesday....what will we do????????

Alex Cora has taken over the press box and he's playing all their club house music over the PA system in Fenway, Papelbon is dancing to Sweet Caroline on the pitcher's mound and Manny is no where to be found ?

Dice K looks like he's finally rested up. Now with a rotation of Beckett, Schill, Dice and Wake we should be set with Lester as the first out of the pen if any trouble comes up.

LET'S GO RED SOX!!!!! ;)

Dice K looks like he's finally rested up. Now with a rotation of Beckett, Schill, Dice and Wake we should be set with Lester as the first out of the pen if any trouble comes up.

LET'S GO RED SOX!!!!! ;)

And Okajima looked good last night too.

LET'S GO RED SOX!!!!! ;)

And Okajima looked good last night too.