The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

How cool of DirectTV to keep the NESN feed going until 12:20am so we could watch all the post game celebrations in the locker room and on the field.

Irish, Im pulling for the Cubbies now that the Dodgers are out. Kindred spirits...

How cool of DirectTV to keep the NESN feed going until 12:20am so we could watch all the post game celebrations in the locker room and on the field.

Irish, Im pulling for the Cubbies now that the Dodgers are out. Kindred spirits...

For the love of Mike and all that is holy... SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!! I thought you understood about curses! (sob) why do you risk exposing us to the goat?

Oh who am I kidding? sigh. After a lifetime of watching and cheering on da Cubs, Bears, and Irish, I don't need no stinking luck.... I NEED A FREAKING MIRACLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, I'm fine now and returning to my regularly scheduled programming...

For the love of Mike and all that is holy... SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!! I thought you understood about curses! (sob) why do you risk exposing us to the goat?

Oh who am I kidding? sigh. After a lifetime of watching and cheering on da Cubs, Bears, and Irish, I don't need no stinking luck.... I NEED A FREAKING MIRACLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Irish!!!! Your Cubbies clinched their division tonight too :)

Hey Irish!!!! Your Cubbies clinched their division tonight too :)

Official congrats to all of Red Sox nation... i've been watching Knocked Up, so I missed all the excitement. After a few harsh words to myself, the dogs.. the dvd... the tv... the laptop (God bless insurance when you need it)...

Official congrats to all of Red Sox nation... i've been watching Knocked Up, so I missed all the excitement. After a few harsh words to myself, the dogs.. the dvd... the tv... the laptop (God bless insurance when you need it)...

You're a good sport. We may just meet up again.....

You're a good sport. We may just meet up again.....

Sigh... Mets are going down as well. I'd love another Subway Series... but that can't happen if they're not going. :( My wife is here saying "Haha, Red Sox are the best because we won the AL East... they have the best record"....

My counter... "2006, Hurricanes didn't have the best record in the East, and they won the Cup. If the Canes can do that, the Yankees can win the Series with the 2nd best record in the AL East"

Sigh... Mets are going down as well. I'd love another Subway Series... but that can't happen if they're not going. :( My wife is here saying "Haha, Red Sox are the best because we won the AL East... they have the best record"....

My counter... "2006, Hurricanes didn't have the best record in the East, and they won the Cup. If the Canes can do that, the Yankees can win the Series with the 2nd best record in the AL East"

Agreed the Cardinals were like 83-79 and won it all last year

The 2004 Sox as well :)

the Mets are choking big time. they remind me of the 78 Sox and 95 Angels, two of the biggest chokes of

all time. pretty bad but also must give PHilly some credit

I was looking online for some shirts to wear... Thinking about either getting a Jeter, Melky, or Joba shirt. IF Arod stays with us, definitely an Arod shirt.. Hopefully he wont go back to his 2006 form after this year. But I can't wait to see Arod in the playoffs. I hope he doesnt choke like he has the last couple of years.

I was looking online for some shirts to wear... Thinking about either getting a Jeter, Melky, or Joba shirt. IF Arod stays with us, definitely an Arod shirt.. Hopefully he wont go back to his 2006 form after this year. But I can't wait to see Arod in the playoffs. I hope he doesnt choke like he has the last couple of years.

I don't think he will. He's been way too consistent all year but crazy things do happen in the playoffs.

I don't think he will. He's been way too consistent all year but crazy things do happen in the playoffs.

Look at 05... MVP year, but choked.

I wasn't gonna bring that up ;)

So what am I going to do if this starts on Wednesday??????? Big dilemma :huh:

Look at 05... MVP year, but choked.

I wasn't gonna bring that up ;)

So what am I going to do if this starts on Wednesday??????? Big dilemma :huh:

How bout this hat.... :P

pMLB2-4128067dt.jpg

Edit: Thank you KC, home field throughout the whole playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!! Sox have 1 hour to pick their post game schedule.

How bout this hat.... :P

pMLB2-4128067dt.jpg

Edit: Thank you KC, home field throughout the whole playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!! Sox have 1 hour to pick their post game schedule.

I saw that hat.. I was actually thinking about it. ;) Red Sox get to pick who they play? I thought it would be Cleveland vs New York, LA vs Boston?

I saw that hat.. I was actually thinking about it. ;) Red Sox get to pick who they play? I thought it would be Cleveland vs New York, LA vs Boston?

No, LOL although that would be nice, they have to pick which start day for the series. One option will start on Wed (opening night for the Canes) and be a longer series giving the starters more rest time. The other would start on Thursday with game #2 being played on Friday for either schedule. I bet they'll opt for Wednesday which will really put a kink in my plans that day :( .

Edit: Not confirmed yet, but the Indians post game show said the Sox chose Wednesday. *runs to make sure the DVR is set to record*

No, LOL although that would be nice, they have to pick which start day for the series. One option will start on Wed (opening night for the Canes) and be a longer series giving the starters more rest time. The other would start on Thursday with game #2 being played on Friday for either schedule. I bet they'll opt for Wednesday which will really put a kink in my plans that day :( .

Edit: Not confirmed yet, but the Indians post game show said the Sox chose Wednesday. *runs to make sure the DVR is set to record*